Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

RobWDW1971

SDD is such an amazingly comfortable experience, then you head to SDMT or Matterorn (after a flight, obviously) and they are literally torture chambers.

At least I get an awesome triceps workout on Matterhorn having to keep myself elevated the whole ride so my spine doesn’t crash into the bone crushing hard seat.

And to think this used to be a padded attraction where you used to cuddle with your girlfriend between your legs. Good times....

Last edited:

ThistleMae

It really needs a full rebuild.
Agreed. One and done for me on the Matterhorn. Couldn't believe it's considered their premier ride. Side note: I did really love Disneyland. Maybe go back once every five years, in between Disney World. Since this is a Slinky Dog thread...I do have several FP+'s for it end of January. I'm hoping I will love it as much as 7DMT (one of my favorites).

Kamikaze

Agreed. One and done for me on the Matterhorn. Couldn't believe it's considered their premier ride. Side note: I did really love Disneyland. Maybe go back once every five years, in between Disney World. Since this is a Slinky Dog thread...I do have several FP+'s for it end of January. I'm hoping I will love it as much as 7DMT (one of my favorites).

It isn't.

Kamikaze

It really needs a full rebuild.

Thats on the drawing board. They need to decide what they're doing with everything else first though. If half of Autopia goes to Arendelle, they'd have to retheme the backside of Matterhorn, which would mean rebuilding it. The facade (not the structure) has had parts crumbling for years, hence the last refurb just to give them time.

yensidtlaw1969

Thats on the drawing board. They need to decide what they're doing with everything else first though. If half of Autopia goes to Arendelle, they'd have to retheme the backside of Matterhorn, which would mean rebuilding it. The facade (not the structure) has had parts crumbling for years, hence the last refurb just to give them time.
What sort of retheming to the backside of the Matterhorn would make it fit better with an Arendelle development than the current snow-covered mountain?

I wouldn't begrudge maintenance to the facade - the small collapse this summer suggests it needs it - but I can't picture why any of it need change its look.

The Empress Lilly

What a buncha wusses here!

The Matterhorn is a relaxing ride where I sit down and rest for a few minutes after my TL lunch. I never sit down to eat at Disney. My time is precious. So I just rest afterwards at a ride.

7Dwarf is a baby crib, so comfy I nod off.
Thunder is a kiddie koaster, Space a slightly sped up dark ride.
SDD functions as its land's nice, comfortable benches.

Who can't ride these!?

RobWDW1971

What a buncha wusses here!

The Matterhorn is a relaxing ride where I sit down and rest for a few minutes after my TL lunch. I never sit down to eat at Disney. My time is precious. So I just rest afterwards at a ride.

7Dwarf is a baby crib, so comfy I nod off.
Thunder is a kiddie koaster, Space a slightly sped up dark ride.
SDD functions as its land's nice, comfortable benches.

Who can't ride these!?
You’re either not over 6’2” or you are really into yoga if Matterhorn is comfortable for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom