Question on Rise of the Resistance Planning and MK After Hours

Skibum1970

1. Rise of the Resistance: We'll be there for the first week of February. What is the best way to tackle Rise? I am wondering how soon the boarding groups will be booked up at that time (ex. If you get there at 10:00 AM, you aren't riding it).

2. After Hours MK: Worth doing? It isn't cheap but, if the crowds are low, we really enjoy the after hour parties since we ride more in three hours than what can be done in one whole day.

bUU

From what I could tell this morning, boarding groups actually lasted until 9 am. That's remarkable if true. It indicates that a lot of the people who were waiting in these incredibly long lines before Park opening were people who were doing so because they were relying on their ability to get an early morning boarding group, and with that guarantee removed it apparently thinned out the crowd quite a bit.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Hi, @Skibum1970! We're going in February too (arriving President's Day). As to your RoTR question, here's the latest info. from Disney's official blog (assuming they're telling the truth and don't change it before February, so take it with a giant grain of salt):
- Boarding Groups will now be made available only at official park opening time, even thought guests are generally allowed in earlier, potentially with some other, "limited attractions" open -- although the Disney Blog article only mentions Starbucks and a gift shop. I don't think "attraction" means what they think it means.
- As before, you must be inside the park to join a Boarding Group.
- The article says nothing about when Boarding Groups will be made available on an EMH morning (assuming the current February schedule, which includes them, stands). "Official park opening time" probably excludes EMH, but I'm sure we'll get clearer guidance closer to February.

In short, there is currently no big advantage to arriving significantly before park opening, other than the usual rope drop advantage for getting to other (non-RoTR) attractions. However, you'll want to ensure that you arrive early enough so that by park opening time, you've tapped into the park and are ready and waiting, logged into the MDE app, and ready to keep refreshing the moment the clock strikes [8am, 9am... whatever the official park opening time is] to join a RoTR Boarding Group.

Info. here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-resistance-opens-with-advertised-park-hours/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave B

The after hours event is the best time, the park is so empty, you can ride whatever you want, whenever you want, I highly suggest doing it, we have even changed the way we are going to go to Disney in the future, with only doing a 4 day park hopper and then doing 2 or 3 after hours events on our 10 day stays

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Original Poster
The after hours event is the best time, the park is so empty, you can ride whatever you want, whenever you want, I highly suggest doing it, we have even changed the way we are going to go to Disney in the future, with only doing a 4 day park hopper and then doing 2 or 3 after hours events on our 10 day stays

Agree completely. Doing so for a Christmas Party that was not sold out really changed our tune. That's why I was considering this After Hours party. I think that I will go ahead. It's expensive but cost/ride should actually end up lower or about the same as if we were there all day.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Original Poster
Hi, @Skibum1970! We're going in February too (arriving President's Day). As to your RoTR question, here's the latest info. from Disney's official blog (assuming they're telling the truth and don't change it before February, so take it with a giant grain of salt):
- Boarding Groups will now be made available only at official park opening time, even thought guests are generally allowed in earlier, potentially with some other, "limited attractions" open -- although the Disney Blog article only mentions Starbucks and a gift shop. I don't think "attraction" means what they think it means.
- As before, you must be inside the park to join a Boarding Group.
- The article says nothing about when Boarding Groups will be made available on an EMH morning (assuming the current February schedule, which includes them, stands). "Official park opening time" probably excludes EMH, but I'm sure we'll get clearer guidance closer to February.

In short, there is currently no big advantage to arriving significantly before park opening, other than the usual rope drop advantage for getting to other (non-RoTR) attractions. However, you'll want to ensure that you arrive early enough so that by park opening time, you've tapped into the park and are ready and waiting, logged into the MDE app, and ready to keep refreshing the moment the clock strikes [8am, 9am... whatever the official park opening time is] to join a RoTR Boarding Group.

Info. here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-resistance-opens-with-advertised-park-hours/

Thank you for this information. I would love to ride RotR but didn't want to have to get to the park at 6:00 AM or else not secure a boarding group.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Agree completely. Doing so for a Christmas Party that was not sold out really changed our tune. That's why I was considering this After Hours party. I think that I will go ahead. It's expensive but cost/ride should actually end up lower or about the same as if we were there all day.
We were able to ride Big Thunder mountain, 6 times in a row without getting off, we also went on Space Mountain 8 times that night, We did Seven Dwarfs 3 times, it was a walk on to everything, so amazing, We are going to do MK and AK next trip, it will be cool to see AK empty

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I did an After Hours last January and then one in December. The January one wasn't empty, it had low waits but there were still wait times. This one I just did in December, that was empty. Didn't have to wait for anything including 7DMT and Space. We went to meet Ariel and since there was no one there, she took a lot of time with my kids. We did almost every single ride that night and a couple meet and greets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom