Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

RSoxNo1

but if MFSR was a coaster....any sort of coaster, it would be well received and beloved... People love coasters...they just do... So a coaster around All Star Resort Props come out looking amazing for guest satisfaction... And honestly the ride is cute... I would have preferred a completely different IP and theme.
See: Slinky Dog Dash

ThistleMae

So I secured several FP's for SDD, since the lines always seem super long. I love 7DMT, don't like Thunder Mountain- 2 bumpy; hate Space Mountain - don't like rides in the dark. Could SDD be my new favorite coaster?

Hawkeye_2018

It is worth getting a fast pass for this in evening? It just seems unlikely to get another fastpass for a tier one ride later in the day if booked earlier...

Purduevian

It is worth getting a fast pass for this in evening? It just seems unlikely to get another fastpass for a tier one ride later in the day if booked earlier...
SDD is the #1 priority fp at DHS. Personally I would grab the evening fastpass and try to move it earlier in the day if possible. This summer my SDD wasn't until 4:30pm. I was still able to pick up ToT, TSMM, ST, and F! afterwards.

tirian

See: Slinky Dog Dash

I really enjoy Slinky Dog Dash and the surrounding props. For me, it’s no worse than old-school Toontown or the original Dumbo. As long as the props are contained within a small land instead of strewn throughout an entire park, the larger-than-life toon style can be fun. But it definitely needs to be controlled in small doses. That’s where a talented creative director needs to know when to switch back to MK-style scenery.

ThistleMae

People have different strategies. I wanted to grab a FP for the evening, and that's what I got. Sure, it may prevent you from getting other Tier 1's that same day, but Tier 1's can also be hard to get later in the day. I decided I want to ride at night and will rope drop for other Tier 1 rides.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
People have different strategies. I wanted to grab a FP for the evening, and that's what I got. Sure, it may prevent you from getting other Tier 1's that same day, but Tier 1's can also be hard to get later in the day. I decided I want to ride at night and will rope drop for other Tier 1 rides.
I think you'll be happy with your choice. I like SDD, but I like it a lot more at night. TSL looks so vibrant at night, and SDD gives great views.

WDWFREAK53

I finally got to experience Toy Story Land while I was there for the opening of Rise of the Resistance.
Walking through the land was a bit of a let-down in my eyes because it feels so cluttered. That being said, once nightfall hit and the lights came on, it was really different. I think it's due to not only the lighting packages (especially in Aliens), but also the oversized Christmas lights. At night, the light strings seem to disappear and visually it doesn't feel as cluttered.

Slinky Dog Dash is leaps and bounds better at night than during the day. Such a fun little coaster.

RSoxNo1

I really enjoy Slinky Dog Dash and the surrounding props. For me, it’s no worse than old-school Toontown or the original Dumbo. As long as the props are contained within a small land instead of strewn throughout an entire park, the larger-than-life toon style can be fun. But it definitely needs to be controlled in small doses. That’s where a talented creative director needs to know when to switch back to MK-style scenery.
You're allowed to like any of those things, but let's not pretend that Slinky Dog Dash has a better theme than Mine Train, Thunder Mountain or Everest.

Toy Story Land and the "shrunk you down" theming gimmick is a bit tired and not as creative as nearly every other theme they do. It can be the best version of that concept and it's still going to be oversized props in a rural back yard. I'd much rather have a non-descript coaster themed to India or whatever. That's more interesting to me.

ToTBellHop

You're allowed to like any of those things, but let's not pretend that Slinky Dog Dash has a better theme than Mine Train, Thunder Mountain or Everest.

Toy Story Land and the "shrunk you down" theming gimmick is a bit tired and not as creative as nearly every other theme they do. It can be the best version of that concept and it's still going to be oversized props in a rural back yard. I'd much rather have a non-descript coaster themed to India or whatever. That's more interesting to me.
This of course leads to the question: what is better: a great execution of a so-so concept or a so-so execution of a great concept. I gather guests are pretty split on 7DMT vs. SDD. I personally prefer the latter as it does what it set out to do and the actual ride layout is more enjoyable. But it’s also hard to remove the bias that comes from it arriving in ride-starved DHS over MK. MK has a better mine train coaster. DHS doesn’t have a better family coaster. A S S benefits from this as well.

Touchdown

Has to be, by far, the most uncomfortable ride for anyone over like 6' at any Disney park.

No that’s SDMT, slinky is only an L bar restraint, Dwarf coaster is a u bar, if that ride ever gets rough it will be the end of me riding it, I would have bruises the size of grapefruits on not my thighs.

TrojanUSC

No that’s SDMT, slinky is only an L bar restraint, Dwarf coaster is a u bar, if that ride ever gets rough it will be the end of me riding it, I would have bruises the size of grapefruits on not my thighs.

Sorry SDMT is what I was referring to. It's a mini torture chamber. They should replace the restraints on SDMT with those from SDD, which are great.

disneygeek90

Bonus points if you can time it during the fireworks.

ThistleMae

Bonus points if you can time it during the fireworks.
Tink 7 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom