Am I going to hate Pop Century?

Diesel Dan

How much time are you spending at the Resort? We have stayed at POP many times and never really had a problem with the noise. There is a lot of noise all over WDW. We usually stay in the 80s and 90s section and it is a little farther from everything and is a quieter section of POP. We like to do the Parks opening to closing so it really is just a bed at POP. I guess it depends on how much extra $ you want to spend.

MissViv

Original Poster
How much time are you spending at the Resort? We have stayed at POP many times and never really had a problem with the noise. There is a lot of noise all over WDW. We usually stay in the 80s and 90s section and it is a little farther from everything and is a quieter section of POP. We like to do the Parks opening to closing so it really is just a bed at POP. I guess it depends on how much extra $ you want to spend.

We will be spending some time at the resort. We are two seniors so my opening to closing days at the park are sadly over!! LOL

MissViv

Original Poster
You will be FAR happier at French Quarter if you value more tranquil, laid back environments. Better food at FQ and you can spend some time walking around the resort. Great beignets too. It's a much smaller resort with a better bus situation. Better location. Better crowd. Fewer kids.

Pop is a cattle call.

My thoughts exactly - thanks!

DVCCHRISS

I have scheduled a short 3 night trip 3/02 and my niece from Tampa is joining me. Two adult female doing this trip with no kids.

I have Pop reserved but now I am having second thoughts after reading a lot of review that say noisy, tons of kids, crowded, etc. The price is good and I will be coming in on the magical express but she has a car and of course we could use the skyliner or bus from the resort.

My last several visits have been deluxe resorts but I have always wanted to try POFQ. It would cost $343.05 total for the 3 nights to change our reservation to FQ. No discounts are available. Rooms look a lot nicer and it would be quieter and the food court better.

For those who have stayed at both, what would you do?
I usually stay in deluxe resorts and now being dvc since 2014 we utilize the adjacent villas to the deluxe resorts. However I have stayed at PORS and ASM in 2005 for last minute res for spring training. There is a significant different between value and moderate resorts. I think the port Orleans whether RS or FQ especially for that price is a much better way to go. Both those resorts are great all around for the price and rooms are quieter due to them being remote from main area. Also room areas have there own parking and bus pick ups so you can be close to your door for traveling. Def recommend those 2 moderate resorts especially for the price you posted for 3 nights. That price wouldn’t even cover a night at any contemporary room unless maybe a great discount. I would never stay at value again beds weren’t great no hot tub a lot of kids and school uses the value resorts and it’s loud and crowded. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

Pluto008

POFQ is often reviewed as having the best bus service on property.
You mean when it doesn't share with Port Orleans resort which adds close to 3 thousand rooms and a lot extra time to your trip. For me I'd rather stay pop century preferred room and be just a couple minutes to the one bus stop that goes only to pop.

ToTBellHop

You mean when it doesn't share with Port Orleans resort which adds close to 3 thousand rooms and a lot extra time to your trip. For me I'd rather stay pop century preferred room and be just a couple minutes to the one bus stop that goes only to pop.
I have never shared with POR at POFQ. Perhaps I’ve been lucky?

mf1972

it could be time of the year thing. we went to FQ 3 years in a row. twice in oct/nov, the other nov/dec. never shared buses with RS.

Minthorne

I'm DVC since 2002 at BWV, BCV, BLT and VGC. I have no problem with POP!. Great transportation, well themed, food court and pool bar open late. No nasty carpets in the rooms. It's pretty good IMO

I agree with The Colonel. After the renovations the rooms are quite nice. I'm also DVC and I'll stay at Pop when I don't have points available.

However, you might want to check out the Swan/Dolphin prices. I always check there first when going to WDW and paying cash for the room. Often closer to moderate prices for the best beds onsite and walking distance to 2 parks.

Pluto008

The truth is you won't know until you get to a resort whether you will like it or not. So maybe best thing if you go every year is to spend a little of that time checking out a few prospective resorts to get your feel on them. Because I may or may not like a certain resort, restaurant, or ride doesn't mean you will feel the same way.

MissViv

Original Poster
The truth is you won't know until you get to a resort whether you will like it or not. So maybe best thing if you go every year is to spend a little of that time checking out a few prospective resorts to get your feel on them. Because I may or may not like a certain resort, restaurant, or ride doesn't mean you will feel the same way.

We were there in November and checked out all the Deluxe resorts but I probably will not check out the values or the moderates. I have stayed at two of the all stars but it was a long time ago.

Pluto008

We were there in November and checked out all the Deluxe resorts but I probably will not check out the values or the moderates. I have stayed at two of the all stars but it was a long time ago.
Really was just a all around answer not directed at anyone. Just saying that no two people are the same

Herdman

We are staying at the Boardwalk by renting DVC points before taking a 3 day cruise in May. We are staying at Pop one night after the cruise before we then head home the next day. Our TA says she really likes Pop, especially after the recent room renovations. We're looking forward to seeing something new and extending the magic one day/night longer.

mlee10

We loved POP, we actually loved it way more than we liked AoA. We stayed in a suite at AoA and it was beyond loud. We always book values as that is what we can afford but I will say that POP was a great experience for us. We did not find it to be too loud or overwhelming. The dining hall can be crazy with a lot of families but other than that...Loved it!

MissViv

Original Poster
We loved POP, we actually loved it way more than we liked AoA. We stayed in a suite at AoA and it was beyond loud. We always book values as that is what we can afford but I will say that POP was a great experience for us. We did not find it to be too loud or overwhelming. The dining hall can be crazy with a lot of families but other than that...Loved it!

What section of POP were you in.

I am having second thoughts about moving back to POP. Preferred rooms are gone but I can still get a standard and save $400 for the 3 nights. I am terrible about over planning and changing my mind but $400 is quite a bit of $$$ to save!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom