The DC Comics Film Thread

Mike S

source.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So they toned down the heavy handed feminism/girl power cringefest of the early trailers and made it more enjoyable for everyone? Like how Black Widow looks?

Except for a father wanting to protect his girl from dangerous police duties but encourages her to join the military (??), that is the extent of gender politics. Just about every character can be substituted for a different gender or sexual identity and it would hardly change anything (except for a flashback to when Don't Ask Don't Tell was still in force).

This show has the best super villain ever. It's an analogue to the Joker, as deeply psychologically ill, but with real depth and back-story and understandable intentions. It's not just crazy for the sake of being sadistic and a plot device.

mf1972

although i never got into the CW shows, i thought gotham wasn’t bad when it was on fox. it was corny & sometimes lame, but i liked it. it felt like a guilty pleasure type of show.

Mike S

Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Director.

Joker deserves all of its Oscar nominations. Of the 3 out of 11 total that I listed I think Best Actor is the most realistic for a win.

mf1972

i just watched joker recently. if anything, i think phoenix will win best actor. i still prefer ledger, but phoenix did a great job.

Mike S

Is it because its all women?

Sometimes this is just really funny to watch. Online journalist “critics” slam Joker, goes on to be a huge success. Online journalist “critics” praise Birds of Prey, looks set to be a disappointment or even bomb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom