2nd Annual 31 Days of Imagineering

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I would’ve said that technically Outbound and my 4th Red Dead titles were just part of one prompt but I remembered that technically his prompt was about another Redemption chapter, whereas mine was a little more broader.
I had meant about Red Dead 4 and my idea to do one on Kingdom Hearts 4. I combined them into one "4th installment in a beloved video game franchise day" where Red Dead fans can work on that and Kingdom Hearts/Disney fans can work on the other. OR anyone can work on both.

Suchomimus

I had meant about Red Dead 4 and my idea to do one on Kingdom Hearts 4. I combined them into one "4th installment in a beloved video game franchise day" where Red Dead fans can work on that and Kingdom Hearts/Disney fans can work on the other. OR anyone can work on both.
Book.embarrassed.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 2nd
Journey Into Imagination Version 4

Perhaps the most commonly requested and fun to do prompts in Armchair Imagineering history! It's time to reinvigorate, update, and refresh the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot!

Bring back Dreamfinder? Add Inside Out? Phineas and Ferb? Double down on Figment? With one little spark of inspiration, we'll be able to come up with some great ideas for new creations!​

Voxel

President of Progress City
December 2nd

Perhaps the most commonly requested and fun to do prompts in Armchair Imagineering history! It's time to reinvigorate, update, and refresh the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot!

Bring back Dreamfinder? Add Inside Out? Phineas and Ferb? Double down on Figment? With one little spark of inspiration, we'll be able to come up with some great ideas for new creations!​
I'm a big dreamer. I would love for a Phineas and Ferb merger with Dreamfinder and Figment (Atleast figment) I believe both of the IPs work very well together something we don't see alot of in Disney.

I would keep the institute, however it's now the Danville Dreamfinder Institute. Guest enter the institute where they see some of he famous inventions from Phineas and Ferb, included some of DOOFS-inators. As they walk through guest and told they will be given tours from the DDI's new's associates, Phineas and Ferb. They start of the tour showing off some of the capabilities and research that they do. The finally enter a room where they introduce the Imagination Portal, it doesn't go 100% as expected as Figment appears out of the portal. Hijinks and fun follws.

Now that I have started this idea. I really wanna design this ride. Maybe I'll try to find some time.

PerGron

December 2nd

As somewhat of an Epcot purist, I usually shoot to not include IP attractions in Epcot. For that reason, my idea would be to utilize the short Figment comic series Marvel did not too long ago as a jumping off point. The whole feel of those comics feels very imaginative and I think would lend itself to a great ride. Obviously not a 1:1 retelling of the story, but maybe make a sequel or just use the characters in a whole new adventure.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I know it's late by my day one brainstorm. What would be your ultimate Disney Cover Album. Kinda like the old Disney Stars Sing Disney.. What artist would you have singing what songs.
Ooooohhhh I like it. I'll definitely find a spot for that!

I'm a big dreamer. I would love for a Phineas and Ferb merger with Dreamfinder and Figment (Atleast figment) I believe both of the IPs work very well together something we don't see alot of in Disney.

I would keep the institute, however it's now the Danville Dreamfinder Institute. Guest enter the institute where they see some of he famous inventions from Phineas and Ferb, included some of DOOFS-inators. As they walk through guest and told they will be given tours from the DDI's new's associates, Phineas and Ferb. They start of the tour showing off some of the capabilities and research that they do. The finally enter a room where they introduce the Imagination Portal, it doesn't go 100% as expected as Figment appears out of the portal. Hijinks and fun follws.

Now that I have started this idea. I really wanna design this ride. Maybe I'll try to find some time.
I'll admit, the idea of merging Phineas and Ferb with Figment seemed odd at first. But the more you explained it, the more I was getting into it. I'd love to see a full write up!

As somewhat of an Epcot purist, I usually shoot to not include IP attractions in Epcot. For that reason, my idea would be to utilize the short Figment comic series Marvel did not too long ago as a jumping off point. The whole feel of those comics feels very imaginative and I think would lend itself to a great ride. Obviously not a 1:1 retelling of the story, but maybe make a sequel or just use the characters in a whole new adventure.
I still haven't read the comics.

But this seems like a really smart idea considering how beloved they are!

Outbound

I’ll play devils advocate and say remove all the iconic characters and replace with the popular Pixar IP 😈

I definitely agree with the concerns against unseeded IPs in WDW, particularly in EPCOT, which is supposed to be a timeless showcase of society. But, I think if used correctly, IPs can improve an area, only if they share themes with the attraction they are invading

I would say this is the case of Inside Out and Journey Into Imagination. Figment and Dreamfinder are fun characters, but Inside Out will resonate with more audiences. So I’d go for a total retheme.

The new story is Bing Bong is guiding us through someone’s “imagination land”. Bing Bong isn’t your typical guide - he’s hyper and frequently gets off task - but he still explains the basic themes from Dreamfinder and Figment. Along the way is potiential for lots of comedy (think the cloud town from the movie). The finale would involve taking a “shortcut” through abstract imagination... mainly so we can have this scene in live action.

1575301989256.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’ll play devils advocate and say remove all the iconic characters and replace with the popular Pixar IP 😈

I definitely agree with the concerns against unseeded IPs in WDW, particularly in EPCOT, which is supposed to be a timeless showcase of society. But, I think if used correctly, IPs can improve an area, only if they share themes with the attraction they are invading

I would say this is the case of Inside Out and Journey Into Imagination. Figment and Dreamfinder are fun characters, but Inside Out will resonate with more audiences. So I’d go for a total retheme.

The new story is Bing Bong is guiding us through someone’s “imagination land”. Bing Bong isn’t your typical guide - he’s hyper and frequently gets off task - but he still explains the basic themes from Dreamfinder and Figment. Along the way is potiential for lots of comedy (think the cloud town from the movie). The finale would involve taking a “shortcut” through abstract imagination... mainly so we can have this scene in live action.

View attachment 429871
As much as I would prefer Figment staying in the Imagination Pavilion, I could definitely see him transitioning fully into just being a mascot for Epcot rather than a host for a specific ride. And if that happened, Inside Out would be a great retheme choice! I think your pitch does a great job of merging Inside Out with the themes that made the original Journey so great!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 429871
Weren't you doing a thread where you challenged yourself to put Pixar into every Epcot pavilion a while back? Lol

Miru

ImageWorks’s 2nd floor would re-open, hopefully, so it isn’t just sitting there. Re-themed, though, as the Cavern of Creativity. The ride system could be changed out so that riders now take off in flight, allowing for more imagery per scene. Nigel Channing is now downplayed, and the ride opens with a recap of the previous two versions (excluding the infamous second version), introducing his granddaughter Amelia Channing. She’s the latest to receive a tour of the imagination, going through a brief set of sensory rooms before the rooms of the arts. Dreamfinder is back, too, plus elements of the comic series make appearances/

Evilgidgit

Dreamfinder and Figment are the icons of Epcot, even an entire generation has never met the former before. I say bring them back, revive Journey Into Imagination anew, use the space available, and rejuvenate the attraction. Since Epcot is drifting away from its original theming to focus on storytelling, imagination plays a big part in such a task.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
ImageWorks’s 2nd floor would re-open, hopefully, so it isn’t just sitting there. Re-themed, though, as the Cavern of Creativity. The ride system could be changed out so that riders now take off in flight, allowing for more imagery per scene. Nigel Channing is now downplayed, and the ride opens with a recap of the previous two versions (excluding the infamous second version), introducing his granddaughter Amelia Channing. She’s the latest to receive a tour of the imagination, going through a brief set of sensory rooms before the rooms of the arts. Dreamfinder is back, too, plus elements of the comic series make appearances/

Nigel gets a bad rap among disney fans. I feel like a straight man scientist type character to bounce off of Figments energy and goofiness is a smart idea! I'd love to see Nigel and Dreamfinder together!

Suchomimus

Starting with the outside, many of the effects from the courtyard's younger years that either have been removed or neglected; eg. the leaping fountains or the miniature recreation of the glass pyramids; will be restored and improved upon. The color scheme adorning the buildings with be the old blue, orange, and purple. And the space where the old Kodak store used to stand will be reused for a new store selling Figment and Dreamfinder memorabilia. As for JII, Dreamfinder and pretty much everything from the old attraction are reinstated but with many new features such as a trackless layout and new ride vehicles, a new room of Illusions, and new SFX to breathe new life into the classic scenes. The DVC Lounge will be moved out as the old Imageworks comes back in, with the old attractions given modern technology to replace the old (and probably no longer work) equipment. Then we have the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival. That is going to HS to replace Star Wars Launch Bay. Taking its place is a new table service restaurant, where you can customize your own breakfast platter, sandwiches, burgers, pasta, pizza, salad, and ice cream sundaes, and more.

Miru

Nigel gets a bad rap among disney fans. I feel like a straight man scientist type character to bounce off of Figments energy and goofiness is a smart idea! I'd love to see Nigel and Dreamfinder together!

That’s more or less who Amelia is supposed to be. The straight, seemingly only sane member of the trio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom