No fastpass showing after Jan 25 for muppets?

YodaMan

Due to the cloned nature of Galaxy’s Edge there’s still a tiny little parcel of land that’s just being used as a backstage parking lot right by the Muppet Vision exit that I would love to see turned into some small Muppet flat ride just to add something to the area.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A Disney Jr based show based around Figment should have been the next step..This way it would have appealed to kids better..
I agree and love that idea entirely. I wish they would.

Knowing Disney, I just thought edging him in with The Muppets might sound better to them as a business. Maybe add him to Muppet Babies or something. But I'd love an original show.

Sad.

Unbanshee

Due to the cloned nature of Galaxy’s Edge there’s still a tiny little parcel of land that’s just being used as a backstage parking lot right by the Muppet Vision exit that I would love to see turned into some small Muppet flat ride just to add something to the area.

I think I'd much rather see that turned into a launch point/storage area for the X-Wing drones

peoplemover

So does the lack of FastPass+ availability mean it is going to close for refurb? We have a first timer Muppets fan coming with us on a trip on January 31, and I’m nervous this won’t be open. They already got rid of the show in MK after we booked the trip. :p

TrainsOfDisney

So does the lack of FastPass+ availability mean it is going to close for refurb? We have a first timer Muppets fan coming with us on a trip on January 31, and I’m nervous this won’t be open. They already got rid of the show in MK after we booked the trip. :p

Anything is possible. They could use the theatre as a preview center, simply close the attraction to save $$$ and reopen later in the year, or many other options.

Shame they won’t get to see the muppets in liberty square, seeing them live was a real treat.

Surferboy567

The muppets are super popular with the muppets babies crowd right now. Not sure if that helps but that’s something. I don’t want the muppets to be taken out, but I believe it should be updated with a new movie. I get this is Jim Henson’s last work but I seriously doubt he wouldn’t be in favor of his characters getting a new film.

rle4lunch

THIS!

And we need expansions at this point, not replacements. Unless we swap it out for a Great Muppet Ride ;)

And they shouldn't touch "Grand Park" until they finish work on Animation Courtyard (and many other things)

They still have a lot to do in this park. You'd hope replacing Muppets isn't anywhere near the top of the priority list. Especially when you have several tired stage shows.

And the refurb of RNRC. That needs sorely updated as well.

Aries1975

simple fix...re-do the Hall of Presidents with a full show of the Muppets presenting the founding of America
I am hoping you simply forgot to add the "sarcasm" emoji.

I loved the Muppets performance in the windows above Liberty Square. As much I as love the Muppets, the Hall of Presidents should remain a respectful historic presentation. Wow! I am starting to feel like Sam the Eagle.

Now, if we are discussing a new build, adding a permanent Muppet show in the MK is a wonderful idea. Maybe if they figure out how to expand Liberty Square around the Rivers of America there will be room for this and the Haunted Restaurant.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm not, the problem with the Hall of Presidents is that they feature whoever's in office and that's a very heated issue no matter which side is in office, because people can't behave themselves and they need security there.

Club Cooloholic

It certainly deserves a new movie. The muppets are one of those properties that can just keep being updated in some way. Heck, what would be cool is if it was a movie that mixed in some of the other Hensen properties, imagine Kermit having to deal with TV those horrible bird things in the dark crystal, when all looks lost boom here comes the electric mayhem and miss piggy lol.

cmwade77

but you stated the problem. It's a people eater but it doesn't eat enough people because not enough go see it. If it was more popular, with the same people eating ability, it'd be much more welcome. but it's not. and it's dated. and the 3-D... was good, say 15 years ago, but has aged badly. the whole thing needs an update/refresh or, gasp, something else entirely.
Every show seems to fill to at least 80% of capacity, considering the theater can hold about 500 people, that is 400 in the show and another 400 waiting for the next show at any given time. That means 800 people that are not waiting for other rides

MickeyMouse10

Haven't been to HS in awhile have you? There is only 1 tier 2 ride (Star Tours) forcing you to use a FP on a show if you want a chance at a 4th FP.

Nope, I'm taking a few years off and allowing things to get done. Plus I've got to wait until the Star Wars crowds go down.

You're right. I didn't realize it, but there is currently only 1 ride in Tier 2. They'll eventually have to change that when they add Star Wars and Mickey Mouse's ride to the lists.

1. Star Tours
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  3. Disney Junior Dance Party!
  4. Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  5. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  6. Muppet Vision 3D
  7. Beauty and the Beast
  8. Fantasmic!

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Every show seems to fill to at least 80% of capacity, considering the theater can hold about 500 people, that is 400 in the show and another 400 waiting for the next show at any given time. That means 800 people that are not waiting for other rides

Seems is an objective term. I'd like to real numbers, not guesstimates. Like I said, every time in the last decade we've visited, it's only been a quarter full if that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom