Off Site recommendations for $100-$150 per night.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
From what you've said you sound similar to my parents who are in their 70s and go without us most of the time these days.
I'm looking into booking them flights, a car, and a few days onsite stay for Febryary. They take it slower and also do other things while they are in the area so they stay onsite while going to the parks and then move offsite.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Middle of May looks like one can't get a room at All Star... What site are you looking at?? I'm using Disney resort reservations.
Are discounts out for May yet?
I checked and found d for February anyway.
Also with flexible dates it's easy to find availability.
Heck I have found same day for my parents before.

jetnut77

Original Poster
All depends on your dates. I assume you are flexible?
Yes. We are flexible. I have just gone on Disney's site and typed in various dates.
I've gotten $170 per night at a Value or "Not available" for the dates I'm entering. I
I guess I have to learn to research their site better. I appreciate your help. :)

Lilofan

Yes. We are flexible. I have just gone on Disney's site and typed in various dates.
I've gotten $170 per night at a Value or "Not available" for the dates I'm entering. I
I guess I have to learn to research their site better. I appreciate your help. :)
Me too. If the rate is $84 a night, sign me up. But what site is advertising this??

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My wife and I have retired. We took our 2 kids to Disney 5 times as a family,
3 times on site. 2 times in time share condos. Great memories. We want to get back now that we're retired as a couple
and do it on a budget. We want to be less than 10 miles from Disney in a room or suite with a nice (not small) pool.
A good free breakfast would be nice but not a must. I've looked at TripAdvisor for ideas, but I highly respect this group's
opinions and expertise. We may go for a few days in Feb and/or a week in May. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Depending on the time of year some of the most elegant and best rooms along with pools are on Disney property but not owned by Disney and have the perks of FP+ and EMHs. Try Priceline and frequently if time allows. I just made a very spontaneous trip to WDW booked only a few days out and it was $120 per night. Best pool and lazy river and 2 hot tuns with fountains that don’t rain on you.
Hilton Bonnet Creek
52D00A83-1C37-477A-AB73-AB3F07DDABE6.jpeg
3EC5CAEB-C9FC-4AD2-8C7B-2DD44ADF7666.jpeg
BAFE551D-0A3A-4B1D-9812-5629AA6CE0B1.jpeg
99589D15-59F2-44E9-A062-A3908803A7E4.jpeg
D7A20833-CBD6-4475-A0BC-1F57E72EE392.jpeg
57C27BD1-99A4-4AE3-8D44-D665FA2BB944.jpeg

I also have stayed this year at both Swan & Dolphin. Also a fabulous pool and also a huge quiet pool where you can see the dancing musical,palm from. I paid both $79 and $99 there.

Some weeks are not possible. I have a trip coming up now that was booked at the beginning of March. I have yet to find better prices for that particular week which is unusual for me as I never pay rack rate as @figmentfan423 knows. The best I could do was 30% off with an AP

I’ll post swan dolphin just below

Last edited:

jetnut77

Original Poster
Literally you have to be flexible.
I randomly chose February 3rd to 6th... go look.
I will be in St Pete that week. My wife and son's birthday week. He lives and works there.
We have that booked already. That's why I thought we might get to Disney at the tail end of
that Fla trip. May is more flexible for a week vacation.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Depending on the time of year some of the most elegant and best rooms along with pools are on Disney property but not owned by Disney and have the perks of FP+ and EMHs. Try Priceline and frequently if time allows. I just made a very spontaneous trip to WDW booked only a few days out and it was $120 per night. Best pool and lazy river and 2 hot tuns with fountains that don’t rain on you.
Hilton Bonnet Creek
View attachment 429649View attachment 429650View attachment 429651View attachment 429652View attachment 429653View attachment 429654View attachment 429655

I also have stayed this year at both Swan & Dolphin. Also a fabulous pool and also a huge quiet pool where you can see the dancing musical,palm from. I paid both $79 and $99 there.

Some weeks are not possible. I have a trip coming up now that was booked at the beginning of March. I have yet to find better prices for that particular week which is unusual for me as I never pay rack rate as @figmentfan423 knows. The best I could do was 30% off with an AP

Been to Swan and Dolphin. Makes Disney value resorts look like Days Inn.

Gabe1

Been to Swan and Dolphin. Makes Disney value resorts look like Days Inn.
I’ve stayed at the values. I don’t care for them. 9 times out of 10 when I book them I’ll swap out for Bonnet or Swan or in a long trip Flamingo Crossing out on Western Way. Flamingo will be awesome in a year or two when they finished develpment.

And Disney Values are not a value

Last edited:

jetnut77

Original Poster
Hilton Bonnet Creek
View attachment 429649View attachment 429650View attachment 429651View attachment 429652View attachment 429653View attachment 429654View attachment 429655

I stayed at The Swan about 16 years ago. Great pools. Boat transportation was really fun.
I would love to stay there again but rates I see are close to $300 a night with fees and taxes.

Gabe1

I stayed at The Swan about 16 years ago. Great pools. Boat transportation was really fun.
I would love to stay there again but rates I see are close to $300 a night with fees and taxes.
Like I said I don’t ever pay rack rate. You have to put the time and effort to keep looking and checking and diligence is a trait needed. I pulled up Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $99. That goes for about $500 rack rate. I always have a place card reservation in case i can’t find better. I cancel the original when I find better.

jetnut77

Original Poster
Like I said I don’t ever pay rack rate. You have to put the time and effort to keep looking and checking and diligence is a trait needed. I pulled up Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $99. That goes for about $500 rack rate. I always have a place card reservation in case i can’t find better. I cancel the original when I find better.
I guess I have to learn how to find those deals. Thanks for the information.
I'm a novice at this which is why I posted my question. Appreciate all your advice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom