Off Site recommendations for $100-$150 per night.

jetnut77

Original Poster
My wife and I have retired. We took our 2 kids to Disney 5 times as a family,
3 times on site. 2 times in time share condos. Great memories. We want to get back now that we're retired as a couple
and do it on a budget. We want to be less than 10 miles from Disney in a room or suite with a nice (not small) pool.
A good free breakfast would be nice but not a must. I've looked at TripAdvisor for ideas, but I highly respect this group's
opinions and expertise. We may go for a few days in Feb and/or a week in May. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If you're going to have a car look into a condo in Emerald Lakes, no free breakfast but Publix is up the street and they have a couple of nice pools also check and see if you're entitled to stay at Shades of Green almost all the perks of on site and walking distance to monorail/Poly

Lilofan

Buena Vista Suites Orlando which is about 10 minutes from WDW. Includes free hot breakfast but the pool is not that big. Free shuttle to parks. The room rate is about $100 a night currently , in the springtime it's around $150 a night. It's a good place. I think it's free parking for your rental car.

jetnut77

Original Poster
If you're going to have a car look into a condo in Emerald Lakes, no free breakfast but Publix is up the street and they have a couple of nice pools also check and see if you're entitled to stay at Shades of Green almost all the perks of on site and walking distance to monorail/Poly
Thank you. I will look into Emerald Lakes. I haven't served in the military to be able to book Shades of Green.

jetnut77

Original Poster
Buena Vista Suites Orlando which is about 10 minutes from WDW. Includes free hot breakfast but the pool is not that big. Free shuttle to parks. The room rate is about $100 a night currently , in the springtime it's around $150 a night. It's a good place. I think it's free parking for your rental car.
Thanks for your input. I will check it out.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It's about $300 a week to rent a car, plus gas. We used Uber in St Pete Fla for about $35 a day last month.
So cost seems similar and no stress driving on unfamiliar roads. But your suggestion is a good one to consider.
Thank you.
What else do you plan on doing in the area? If it's purely Disney then I still say onsite and take advantage of the free transportation from MCO and to the parks.
If doing other things then I would say renting a car is the better option. These are just my observances from years of staying offsite and onsite.

jetnut77

Original Poster
What else do you plan on doing in the area? If it's purely Disney then I still say onsite and take advantage of the free transportation from MCO and to the parks.
If doing other things then I would say renting a car is the better option. These are just my observances from years of staying offsite and onsite.
[/QU When we took our kids, it was park hoppers, go go go. Now we just want to see Epcot, the Animal Kingdom safari.The fireworks.
We have health challenges which dictate a much slower schedule than when we did the family bulldozer vacation.
We wife can't do any thrill rides, which I love. So the week vacation would be 3 or 4 days in the park. Some shopping, dining and swimming on off days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom