No fastpass showing after Jan 25 for muppets?

TrainsOfDisney

At 564 seats and shows every 20 minutes, this puts MuppetVision at an hourly capacity of 1,692, which is on the lower side of average for Disney. It's just not very popular anymore.

Compared to Pixar film and bugs life?

3d films themselves aren’t really that popular anymore are they? Philharmagic at DCA was a ghost town when I was there in the summer. The cm’s were really nice but seemed shocked I wanted to go see it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
At 564 seats and shows every 20 minutes, this puts MuppetVision at an hourly capacity of 1,692, which is on the lower side of average for Disney. It's just not very popular anymore.
That's okay. Not every attraction needs 5 hour waits times and overly packed theaters. And it's not a bad attraction, either. Dated or not.

WondersOfLife

Compared to Pixar film and bugs life?

3d films themselves aren’t really that popular anymore are they? Philharmagic at DCA was a ghost town when I was there in the summer. The cm’s were really nice but seemed shocked I wanted to go see it.
Yet, it is packed at WDW.

Sometimes, the amount of visitors an attraction takes in depends on its location (Philharmagic), and even the exterior of the facade (Little Mermaid), which may explain why some attractions on Florida's side are more popular than those on California's side.

Makes me wonder if Muppets would do better attendance-wise if it was, say, placed where Little Mermaid or Path of the Jedi is/was.

TrainsOfDisney

Yet, it is packed at WDW.

Sometimes, the amount of visitors an attraction takes in depends on its location (Philharmagic), and even the exterior of the facade (Little Mermaid), which may explain why some attractions on Florida's side are more popular than those on California's side.

Makes me wonder if Muppets would do better attendance-wise if it was, say, placed where Little Mermaid or Path of the Jedi is/was.

Philharmagic is in a prime spot in MK.... MK also has way more 1st time visitors, and it’s really the only classic Disney (fab 5) attraction left now that toontown is gone. So yeah... it’s a bit more unique.

Muppets is not only tucked away in an odd place, it has very little drawing you into that corner of the park. At least people are walking past it now to get to Star Wars, but that used to be a more exciting area with meet and greets, the backlot with live music (mulch sweat and shears)...

Considering it’s placement it pulls a lot guests imho.

Studios has room for expansion... Galaxies edge has plenty of room for expansion, it’s not like the muppets building kept a new Star Wars attraction from being built. I don’t think a new movie based show is going to be better than muppets 3d.... so I’m not sure why anyone would be overly against it staying.

I mean they could move Pixar film festival over there... is that what we want? Or how about a Disney+ preview center?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I have to say being pleasantly surprised in my once a year straw poll to seeing it quarter to half full each time. Like everything though it’s also dependent on Park attendance, Park capacity at that given moment, individual attraction status, weather at the time etc.

I can’t envisage seeing it near capacity aside from holidays. Which pretty much goes for most theatre based shows. You’d hope TDO are clever enough to see that too.
During my 8 day visit last week, went into Muppets twice. Both of those showings were at least 75% full. Good to see. Chris B was happy! He still laments it's closing at DCA.

Kman101

I have to say being pleasantly surprised in my once a year straw poll to seeing it quarter to half full each time. Like everything though it’s also dependent on Park attendance, Park capacity at that given moment, individual attraction status, weather at the time etc.

I can’t envisage seeing it near capacity aside from holidays. Which pretty much goes for most theatre based shows. You’d hope TDO are clever enough to see that too.

THIS!

And we need expansions at this point, not replacements. Unless we swap it out for a Great Muppet Ride ;)

And they shouldn't touch "Grand Park" until they finish work on Animation Courtyard (and many other things)

They still have a lot to do in this park. You'd hope replacing Muppets isn't anywhere near the top of the priority list. Especially when you have several tired stage shows.

Cmdr_Crimson

THIS!

And we need expansions at this point, not replacements. Unless we swap it out for a Great Muppet Ride ;)

And they shouldn't touch "Grand Park" until they finish work on Animation Courtyard (and many other things)

They still have a lot to do in this park. You'd hope replacing Muppets isn't anywhere near the top of the priority list. Especially when you have several tired stage shows.

Can you imagine if they did Toy Story Mania as Muppet Mania instead......Same ride but with the Muppets.....It would have been a hit...

Wendy Pleakley

I don't endorse shutting down the Muppets, or any attraction, just because it's getting a bit long in the teeth, unless a replacement is ready to go.

Having said that, an attraction can overstay its welcome. I found Sounds Dangerous to be flat out embarrassing at the end. Starting with the pre-show trivia about ABC shows that last aired a decade ago, to the attraction itself, I really felt it should have simply been closed, despite the lack of capacity in the Studios park.

The Muppets is borderline. It's still enjoyable, but the story about "new" 3D technology is terribly outdated, and the 3D in the film is far below modern standards.

It's a great theater and they could so so much with the Muppets. What about a Star Tours type scenario where you see different sketches each time? Do a Philharmagic parody where the Muppets take on classic Disney films.

I love the Muppets, and while I appreciate the significance of it being Jim Henson's final work, I'd like to see this attraction revamped.

Kman101

I don't endorse shutting down the Muppets, or any attraction, just because it's getting a bit long in the teeth, unless a replacement is ready to go.

Having said that, an attraction can overstay its welcome. I found Sounds Dangerous to be flat out embarrassing at the end. Starting with the pre-show trivia about ABC shows that last aired a decade ago, to the attraction itself, I really felt it should have simply been closed, despite the lack of capacity in the Studios park.

The Muppets is borderline. It's still enjoyable, but the story about "new" 3D technology is terribly outdated, and the 3D in the film is far below modern standards.

It's a great theater and they could so so much with the Muppets. What about a Star Tours type scenario where you see different sketches each time? Do a Philharmagic parody where the Muppets take on classic Disney films.

I love the Muppets, and while I appreciate the significance of it being Jim Henson's final work, I'd like to see this attraction revamped.

Agreed on a revamp needed. But I'd like to see other things get touched first. The Muppet Labs thing would have worked better in Epcot, honestly. I wish we could have just gotten a dark ride, lol. (but even that would probably be dated and tired by this point)

WondersOfLife

I'm gonna be real... I think Muppet*Vision 3D would actually work better if they moved it to the Magic Eye Theatre, with an upgrade! Replace Waldo with Figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom