Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Today from monorail.

0EAA69C7-6C5D-4158-AEE6-8EC7F0C6EBE5.jpeg

434090D2-1C7B-4327-8A2A-77CFFFCA9E54.jpeg

2411A16A-1979-42C6-A070-83BF5298C64A.jpeg

Even if this is a walking bridge for guests, there is A LOT of other preparatory work that needs to be done on the GF grounds to make the resort truly connect to MK by footpath.

This won’t be done by the end of this year or even early 2020. Logistically there are many pieces that have to come together....if you see the GF property in person (as I have today and many times over the years) you’d understand the constraints. It is not the simple solution the pictures may portray to hopeful readers of this thread.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It’s something like 0.7 of a mile, not as far as it looks.
Didn't know, thanks! Doesn't sound bad.

I guess I was thinking more in terms of how it'd "feel" depending on room location, if you've got your morning "fresh legs" or are coming back from a very active day at the park and also, season and time of day.

I personally would walk instead of standing/waiting. Some of us walk a lot more than we realize while visiting WDW anyway. We'll see.

Last edited:

Obobru

While they are installing this bridge you would think they would have a team starting to pave the walkway and another team installing the other bridge. Seems they are in no rush to finish this or just have poor project management skills.

Victor Kelly

Construction happens in phases. Probably bridges then walk way then landscaping. As is visavle in the last photo there are trees and shrubs on the MK side of the bridge that will need to be removed or gone around.

Patience.

po1998

Once complete, it would make a nice jogging loop for guests. I'm sure it will be used to walk to MK, but most will probably still take the other transportation options. Hope it opens soon, I know I would walk back to the TTC that way. I usually only go to MK for a few hours at a time so I'm not too tired when leaving.
Not sure what loop you are referring to, but if you are talking about going around Seven Seas Lagoon, I am pretty sure there is no loop...at least not one you can walk/run on.

trainplane3

Once complete, it would make a nice jogging loop for guests. I'm sure it will be used to walk to MK, but most will probably still take the other transportation options. Hope it opens soon, I know I would walk back to the TTC that way. I usually only go to MK for a few hours at a time so I'm not too tired when leaving.
Not sure what loop you are referring to, but if you are talking about going around Seven Seas Lagoon, I am pretty sure there is no loop...at least not one you can walk/run on.
Correct which is a shame. There are times I wish I could just walk from the TTC to Contemporary.

There'll also be the security checkpoint at MK to pass through as well.

ToTBellHop

Correct which is a shame. There are times I wish I could just walk from the TTC to Contemporary.

There'll also be the security checkpoint at MK to pass through as well.
The issue is that water bridge. As built it’s not safe for guests to walk through that tunnel but it would be cost prohibitive to widen it with the mere benefit that guests can walk TTC to Contemporary. There’s not much demand for that route until they build another resort between the TTC and the contemporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom