News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

pdude81

2/20 does have a nice ring to it ;)
3 months late...

6rOPFeV.gif

nickys

Premium Member
It really is, and a bit shortsided on Disney’s part to only give them a 9 day window to hit their target opening date. They should have just said Winter 2020.

In Disney speak, Winter 2019 runs from December 2019 through to February 2020. Just like the quarters aren’t intuitive either.

The issue is that initially Disney specifically said this would open “later in 2019”. So it is late. They then amended it to Winter 2019.

KingdomofDreams

We hoped to experience this on our upcoming trip (along with Mickey & Minnie's) but in true Disney fashion, it's delayed. No real surprise there. As much as I love WDW it's far too expensive a trip to see nothing but construction everywhere. I know I'm going to wait on another trip until everything currently in the works is actually completed and open. Sooooo....what.... 2030? LOL

ToTBellHop

We hoped to experience this on our upcoming trip (along with Mickey & Minnie's) but in true Disney fashion, it's delayed. No real surprise there. As much as I love WDW it's far too expensive a trip to see nothing but construction everywhere. I know I'm going to wait on another trip until everything currently in the works is actually completed and open. Sooooo....what.... 2030? LOL
It’s better than 10 years ago when there was practically no construction...

Weather_Lady

I'm with you. We're going in February 2020 only because the rest of the family wanted to go and I was out-voted. We haven't been in 3 years, but there will be nothing new to do outside of Slinky Dog Dash (only a possibility if we can get a FP for it, though, so it may be lost on us anyway) and RoTR (assuming the latter opens on schedule). In addition, 2 headliners (Splash and Test Track) will be down during our dates (February break), and the Ratatouille attraction, the Mary Poppins thang (my own working title for it), Guardians attraction, Tron coaster, M&M's Runaway Railway, the Moana water features in Epcot, etc., will all still be behind construction walls. 2020 just seems like a terrible time to visit -- or at best a "meh" time to visit.

...and now we probably won't even have a new restaurant to try. (Insert pouty face here.)

nickys

Premium Member
I'm with you. We're going in February 2020 only because the rest of the family wanted to go and I was out-voted. We haven't been in 3 years, but there will be nothing new to do outside of Slinky Dog Dash (only a possibility if we can get a FP for it, though, so it may be lost on us anyway) and RoTR (assuming the latter opens on schedule). In addition, 2 headliners (Splash and Test Track) will be down during our dates (February break), and the Ratatouille attraction, the Mary Poppins thang (my own working title for it), Guardians attraction, Tron coaster, M&M's Runaway Railway, the Moana water features in Epcot, etc., will all still be behind construction walls. 2020 just seems like a terrible time to visit -- or at best a "meh" time to visit.

...and now we probably won't even have a new restaurant to try. (Insert pouty face here.)

If you’ve not been since 2017, depending on when in that year, the whole of Pandora is new, plus Galaxy’s Edge, TSL, Epcot Forever, HEA, a few restaurants, the Skyliner, even ROL ........

I realise this makes me look like a pixie duster / paid shill (oh wait, apparently they are all paid to diss WDW 🙄), but even meeting in the middle there’s maybe more new than you think. We were there over Christmas 2016 and NY 2017. All those things opened after our trip.

Of course if you were there at the end of 2017 then some of those were already opened. But then it’s nearer to 2 years than 3. 😉

Incomudro

If you’ve not been since 2017, depending on when in that year, the whole of Pandora is new, plus Galaxy’s Edge, TSL, Epcot Forever, HEA, a few restaurants, the Skyliner, even ROL ........

I realise this makes me look like a pixie duster / paid shill (oh wait, apparently they are all paid to diss WDW 🙄), but even meeting in the middle there’s maybe more new than you think. We were there over Christmas 2016 and NY 2017. All those things opened after our trip.

Of course if you were there at the end of 2017 then some of those were already opened. But then it’s nearer to 2 years than 3. 😉

I was going to mention Pandora to Weather_Lady, as our family hasn't gone in roughly the same time frame (4 years for us actually) and we will be going April 2020 rather than the posters February 2020.
Pandora, TSL, Galaxy's Edge - featuring RoR will all be new to us.
As well as Rivers of Light at animal Kingdom, Epcot's new fireworks and yes the Skyliner.
Oh, and the new walkways flanking the castle.
It seems that no matter when you go to WDW there is going to be something going on - as in something coming down and something going up.

Weather_Lady

Our last visit was in the spring 2017 after Avatar, Rivers of Light and HEA opened, so we did get to see them all. We did a thorough tour of Galaxy's Edge (sans RoTR) in Disneyland last year. You're right that the other things (Skyliner, some eateries, Epcot Forever) will be "new" to us, but I wasn't counting them into the equation given that we have no reason to ride the Skyliner (e.g., no reason to travel the routes it takes), we have no plans to go to Disney Springs just for the new restaurants, and I wasn't thinking of the replacement show at Epcot as a "new" thing (although in hindsight I guess I should). Also, 2 of the 3 of my family members don't do spinner rides like the one in TSL, and of course, TSMM isn't new, so Slinky was the only part of TSL we were thinking of as something that would be new and different.

Perhaps a better way for me to describe it would have been to say that there's almost nothing new that is of any interest to my particular family other than the 2 attractions I mentioned, and that most of the new stuff we're actually looking forward to is still months-to-years away. ;) Nor do you look like a pixie duster -- you were just trying to make sure I knew what was available, and help me see the glass half full!

Touchdown

Oct 2019-2020 AP year New Attractions debuting:
-2 Holiday Castle Fireworks shows
-Epcot Forever
-RotR
-Mickey
-Ratatouille
-Harmonious

In addition, the new Space Restaurant, 2 new hotels, the Skyliner, and massive Blizzard Beach refurbishments are happening this year. I think its a great year fornew things but that’s me, however if you are only going once in Feb, I agree it’s sooner then I want but RotR is supposed to be the most impressive of them all.

nickys

Premium Member
Our last visit was in the spring 2017 after Avatar, Rivers of Light and HEA opened, so we did get to see them all. We did a thorough tour of Galaxy's Edge (sans RoTR) in Disneyland last year. You're right that the other things (Skyliner, some eateries, Epcot Forever) will be "new" to us, but I wasn't counting them into the equation given that we have no reason to ride the Skyliner (e.g., no reason to travel the routes it takes), we have no plans to go to Disney Springs just for the new restaurants, and I wasn't thinking of the replacement show at Epcot as a "new" thing (although in hindsight I guess I should). Also, 2 of the 3 of my family members don't do spinner rides like the one in TSL, and of course, TSMM isn't new, so Slinky was the only part of TSL we were thinking of as something that would be new and different.

Perhaps a better way for me to describe it would have been to say that there's almost nothing new that is of any interest to my particular family other than the 2 attractions I mentioned, and that most of the new stuff we're actually looking forward to is still months-to-years away. ;) Nor do you look like a pixie duster -- you were just trying to make sure I knew what was available, and help me see the glass half full!

There are new restaurants in the parks and resorts too. Skippers Canteen in MK, Takumi Tei in Epcot, the new (character dining) Artist Point & Geyser Point @ WL.

But yes, those few months make a difference. As does DL.

KingdomofDreams

It’s better than 10 years ago when there was practically no construction...
Please don't get me wrong. I'm very happy they are finally bringing the many, and much needed, improvements across property. It is long overdue. It's just that they are doing it all at once. That happens when you ignore and don't invest in any on-going improvements and upkeep. I get that this is the price to pay for all those years of neglect and it is better to rip the band-aid off and get it all done rather than drag it out any longer than it is already taking. Plus, Disney seems to excel at snail's pace construction. It's just for me personally, the construction everywhere (Animal Kingdom entry, TTC and Magic Kingdom entry, Epcot entry and all of Future World) vs. an on-going project here and there, is just something I would prefer to avoid if I'm going to spend many thousands on a vacay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom