Nissan Murano vs Nissan Rogue

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I watched a Youtube professional video that had the theme like my OP title.
The main takeaways for me??
The Murano is a bit longer and a bit wider.
It's 6 thousand dollars more. Depending on the trim level....you all know the drill.
The extra width and length are noticeable to the Murano passengers....more elbow room...interior comfort........BUT the Rogue actually has more storage capacity than the Murano.
With the back seats in the upright position to seat 5 (both vehicles) or with the back seat(s) collapsed....it doesn't matter....Rogue wins in both situations.
Hmmm!
Go figure!

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
It's 6 thousand dollars more. Depending on the trim level....you all know the drill.
The extra width and length are noticeable to the passengers............BUT the Rogue actually has more storage capacity than the Murano.
With the back seats in the upright position to seat 5 (both vehicles) or with the back seat(s) collapsed....it doesn't matter....Rogue wins in both situations.
Hmmm!
Go figure!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Two weeks ago, my rental car in Europe was a Nissan Micra (automatic transmission) I very much enjoyed driving it.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Two weeks ago, my rental car in Europe was a Nissan Micra (automatic transmission) I very much enjoyed driving it.
Nice to be on a thread again with you. Very cool that you were in Europe. Were you by any chance in Ireland???

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Nice to be on a thread again with you. Very cool that you were in Europe. Were you by any chance in Ireland???

How'd you guess? 🤣

And.....was your Nissan small like a Honda Civic?

I actually drive a Civic, so I can make this comparison! The Micra, as you might guess from its name, is a small car. The model I had was a 4-door automatic hatchback but otherwise pretty basic. I kind of liked it better than my Civic, I was comfortable driving it right away. The only thing I missed was the display with backup camera.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
How'd you guess? 🤣

I actually drive a Civic, so I can make this comparison! The Micra, as you might guess from its name, is a small car. The model I had was a 4-door automatic hatchback but otherwise pretty basic. I kind of liked it better than my Civic, I was comfortable driving it right away. The only thing I missed was the display with backup camera.
Since the steering wheel is on the opposite side and you have to be careful to go the proper direction on the roundabouts....well I'd think you were not comfortable "right away" o_O ??
or.....
You've drivin' in Ireland so much you that you are very used to it?
I've gone three times....but 2nd and 3rd time it took me at least 30 minutes before I felt comfortable. (The last time I went was 2012 and the next time we are going is supposed to be July 2022. Lord willing!)
..........the first time I drove in Ireland it took me almost a day to get used to it! 😂

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You've drivin' in Ireland so much you that you are very used to it?

This^^^^ I've been there 4 times in 2019. :cool:

Memorable cars that I've driven on the left over the past two years:
a Ford Focus (not bad at all)
a Toyota Auris (twice) (electric hybrid--excellent!)
a Skoda something (nice, but too big)
an Opel Corsa (twice) (I don't like Opels at all)
and the Nissan Micra

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Neither. CVTs = bad. Get a Mazda.
I drive a 2016 Mazda CX-5. Before that I drove a 2010 Mazda CX-9.
In the summer of 2020 my current car will be paid off. I'll be looking at Toyota's 2020 Rav-4 maybe next spring and comparing it to Mazda's 2020 CX-5. Maybe even Honda too. Since I've been driving Mazdas since 2010 I'm ready to try something else.

Gainesvillain

I drive a 2016 Mazda CX-5. Before that I drove a 2010 Mazda CX-9.
In the summer of 2020 my current car will be paid off. I'll be looking at Toyota's 2020 Rav-4 maybe next spring and comparing it to Mazda's 2020 CX-5. Maybe even Honda too. Since I've been driving Mazdas since 2010 I'm ready to try something else.
My wife just traded up from a 2016 CX-5. We actually looked at and drove the redesigned Rav, and while it is a reliable and safe appliance, it is just not fun to drive. We went back to the Mazda dealership and drove the new-and-improved CX-5. However, my wife eventually went with a new loaded Mazda3 Premium over the CX-5. Both were gorgeous and fun to drive, but we are (almost) empty-nesters and liked the smaller Mazda3.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My wife just traded up from a 2016 CX-5. We actually looked at and drove the redesigned Rav, and while it is a reliable and safe appliance, it is just not fun to drive. We went back to the Mazda dealership and drove the new-and-improved CX-5. However, my wife eventually went with a new loaded Mazda3 Premium over the CX-5. Both were gorgeous and fun to drive, but we are (almost) empty-nesters and liked the smaller Mazda3.
The 2019 Toyota Rav 4 looks so similar in its shape to the 2019 Mazda CX-5
The Rav 4 was really disappointing? Weak engine? Something else?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
The extra width and length are noticeable to the Murano passengers....more elbow room...interior comfort........BUT the Rogue actually has more storage capacity than the Murano.
Hmmm!
Go figure!
Whatever with the Nissan. Today I took my 2016 Mazda CX - 5 to the car wash. At 59,000 miles it still "cleans up well"😎
20191127_152741.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I feel the same way. I wash my cars 2x a month, wax 4x a year. It's good therapy. Vehicles have got miles but in still great condition. And it's paid for. Clay bar 1x a year and the paint is smoother than a baby's butt.
Clay bar? Educate me. Not familiar.

Lilofan

Clay bar? Educate me. Not familiar.
I wash my cars with spray hose, with Meguiars gold class car wash liquid and wipe off and dry with microfiber cloths
Then with clay bar with the lubricant spray step is next. This is the key.
Meguiars clay bar and lubricant spray comes in a box.
The best way is spray the car one small panel at a time with the lubricant and while the car is wet, then immediately use the clay bar in a East to West motion rubbing the panels
You will see the clay bar pick up any contaminants that is on the paint.
The next step is to use another microfiber cloth and wipe off the excess.
When you run your hand on the paint, you will see the improved smoothness
One caution is that never rub the clay bar on the paint without the lubricant on the paint first.
When the clay bar gets dirty just play with it like play-doh and try to find the clean part of the clay bar when cleaning the other panels of the car
The clay bar can probably be used 2x more times. Once the clay bar is really dirty time to discard it
Then you are ready to wax. The wax will absorb better on the paint and your car will pop with a beautiful color
Wash, clay bar, wax takes me about 3 hours taking my time but worth it.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I wash my cars with spray hose, with Meguiars gold class car wash liquid and wipe off and dry with microfiber cloths
Then with clay bar with the lubricant spray step is next. This is the key.
Meguiars clay bar and lubricant spray comes in a box.
The best way is spray the car one small panel at a time with the lubricant and while the car is wet, then immediately use the clay bar in a East to West motion rubbing the panels
You will see the clay bar pick up any contaminants that is on the paint.
The next step is to use another microfiber cloth and wipe off the excess.
When you run your hand on the paint, you will see the improved smoothness
One caution is that never rub the clay bar on the paint without the lubricant on the paint first.
When the clay bar gets dirty just play with it like play-doh and try to find the clean part of the clay bar when cleaning the other panels of the car
The clay bar can probably be used 2x more times. Once the clay bar is really dirty time to discard it
Then you are ready to wax. The wax will absorb better on the paint and your car will pop with a beautiful color
Wash, clay bar, wax takes me about 3 hours taking my time but worth it.
Someone will surely benefit from the specific and helpful instructions you just gave us all. I probably won't go to the trouble of doing that, but ya never know. Thanks again!!! ;):cool:

Gainesvillain

The 2019 Toyota Rav 4 looks so similar in its shape to the 2019 Mazda CX-5
The Rav 4 was really disappointing? Weak engine? Something else?
It seems like a perfectly good car with ample power and loads of safety features, but it just looks and drives very trucklike parked next to or driven after the Mazda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom