Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'm in too! :D
I've been waiting to "officially" join one of your TR's.

I really like Riverside, specially the Magnolia Bend area, reminds me of Gone with the Wind.

J is very cute, I can tell you all had a lot of fun on this trip, can't wait to read more about it! :joyfull:

* Oh! Love those mirrors, very handy when applying makeup!

Minnesota disney fan

We love, love POR! It was our home resort for years. We always stayed in AB section, and liked the secluded tropical feel of the place. So I really enjoy your POR reports and love looking at the beautiful pictures of Riverside!
We had to switch to POFQ because of mobility reasons for my husband, and the smaller resort helps a lot in that regard. It is a lovely resort, but not Riverside! We always walk down to POR and go to the Mill to eat and to shop in the resort gift shop. That gift shop is huge and well stocked. Anyway, enjoying your report:)

riverside

Original Poster
giphy.gif

So I can catch up!!!

E’s face is changing so much!!

Also, regarding those little mirrors of doom...the first time I looked in one I screamed and my son came running over. “Do I really look like that!?!” I asked.
He was too sweet to answer.
Pass.
Excited to read all about the best trip EVER😂
That was pretty funny!! You should be all good now--I took a little break in the action.

E's face?? Really--how so??

That's a fine young man you raised!!
I admit that when I first looked in it I had quite a "wow" moment. It definitely puts a different perspective on things!! It is great for makeup application though!!

So glad to have you here!!
I am SO in -- having fun already 👍

When we were dating, my husband and I spent our first anniversary at Riverside so it always has a special place in my heart. Can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you!!

I fell in love with Riverside the first time I set eyes on it. That would be the perfect place to spend an anniversary!!
Yay!! Glad you're here!!
I have to say, E didn't look very entertained. Did they bite? Are they the newest DVC members?
After meeting with them not once, but twice they still aren't!! They kept going back & forth with it.
tenor.gif

I always love me a @riverside TR!
Awww--thank you!! Glad you're here!!
I'm in too! :D
I've been waiting to "officially" join one of your TR's.

I really like Riverside, specially the Magnolia Bend area, reminds me of Gone with the Wind.

J is very cute, I can tell you all had a lot of fun on this trip, can't wait to read more about it! :joyfull:

* Oh! Love those mirrors, very handy when applying makeup!
Great!! Allow me to "officially" welcome you to this TR!!

Riverside is so beautiful--esp. Magnolia Bend. Such a peaceful resort!!

Thanks--he is cute & a lot of fun!!

Yes--those mirrors are very handy. I was so excited to buy one, that is until I saw the price tag. I couldn't believe how much they are but I bought it anyway. I think it is worth it.
Here for the fun!! We are staying at POR for the first time the first week of December and are super excited!!!
Yay--glad to have you!! I'm super excited for you!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
I am certainly not first but I am HERE :)
And that's all that matters!!! Thanks!!
We love, love POR! It was our home resort for years. We always stayed in AB section, and liked the secluded tropical feel of the place. So I really enjoy your POR reports and love looking at the beautiful pictures of Riverside!
We had to switch to POFQ because of mobility reasons for my husband, and the smaller resort helps a lot in that regard. It is a lovely resort, but not Riverside! We always walk down to POR and go to the Mill to eat and to shop in the resort gift shop. That gift shop is huge and well stocked. Anyway, enjoying your report:)
I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. I love there it so much!! There was only one time where I requested Magnolia Bend(b/c that's what my niece wanted). I'm sure one of these days I will end up in the bayou!!

For next year R told me that he wants to stay at FQ instead of POR for something new. He might as well have punched me in the stomach when he said that. He said he would like to try something different & since we would have easy access to POR it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I thought he knew me better than that!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

J & I got away as quick as we could--yay!! As we walked by Blaze Pizza he asked me if I remembered that grandma(my mom)really liked their gluten free pizzas there. There's a few locations here locally & my mom would get their pizza quite often. She had celiac & said their gf pizzas were pretty good. My mom passed in April so I was pretty impressed that J remembered that esp. b/c the last time she probably ate at Blaze was last year b/c she was in & out of the hospital so much the last few months before she passed. When I told E that he said that she was quite amazed also!!
IMG_3154.JPEG

Our first stop was here:
IMG_3156.JPEG

He looked at the merchandise for awhile but decided he didn't want anything.
IMG_3157.JPEG

We pretty much walked in & right back out of here. I was surprised he didn't want to look around more than we actually did.
IMG_3158.JPEG

This would be why.......
IMG_3159.JPEG

I think you've seen J fill up quite a few candy bags over the years so I'm sure it's no surprise that this is what he wanted!!
IMG_3160.JPEG

He's happy!!
IMG_3161.JPEG

After Candy Cauldron I got a text from E that they finally broke free from the hawk's grip & were headed to our dinner reservation.
I noticed this pretty waterfall & asked J if we could stop & take our picture with it in the background. He was fine with it but told me he didn't want his candy getting wet!!
IMG_3162.JPEG

When we met up with E & JSR they told me they made plans for something but they didn't want me to feel like I had to do it. A DVC tour!!
I told them I would go even though I went to one last year. BTW--we each were supposed to get a $50 gift certificate emailed to us for doing the tour--we're all still waiting on them:cautious:
IMG_3163.JPEG

Time for dinner!!(yes, I know we had lunch 2 1/2 hours before....)
IMG_3164.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
Excitedly following along! I am with everyone else.. J is just so big now! Ok, so for the DVC tour, they don't even give you the gift cards on the spot? That is crazy!
Thank you!! Glad you're here!! J is getting really big--where does the time go?? Nope--they don't give them on the spot. At the end of the 1st tour(on November 7th:rolleyes:) he said they would be in our emails within a few hours. 12 days later we're still waiting for them🤷‍♀️

KellBelle

Thank you!! Glad you're here!! J is getting really big--where does the time go?? Nope--they don't give them on the spot. At the end of the 1st tour(on November 7th:rolleyes:) he said they would be in our emails within a few hours. 12 days later we're still waiting for them🤷‍♀️
That is sad, at least you go often enough to get use from them if they ever do show up! I forgot to mention that the Polite Pig is a must do for me and I can't get enough of those Brussels sprouts!

DisneyGigi

J is growing so much! Don’t you wish we could freeze them? All this time I feel so tiny, next to my son, I am 5’3 and the all important 3/4 inch (5’3 3/4” I proudly say lol and he is 6’5-) I am the tallest with my mom and sister, his dad is 6’0. I take pride in telling people he got his height from me. 😬 I get lots of giggles from that.

Megbutnotmegan

I had a similar problem last time I did a tour. I stopped at another kiosk and it turned out they sent it to an email that I don’t even use anymore 😒They were able to resend it so don’t be afraid to follow up with DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom