Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm in! (1st)
Yay!!
Mickey-Number-1-mickey-mouse-8526183-277-359.gif

Yep!! Glad you're here!!
Following along!
Great!! Glad to have you!!
Yay! I am third!
Yay!! Welcome!!:)
Woo Hoo!! Glad to have you!!
Wow! I'm finally early!!!!! Count me in for another fun TR!
That's great!! I like your new avatar!!
Oh dang. For whatever reason I thought you were leaving the day that I arrived.

How did I just miss two magicians on a single trip?🤦🏻‍♀️
I think I left the next day?? It would have been exciting to meet you!!
I’ve been looking for this ever since you posted that you were getting ready to start it :)

And I can’t believe how grown up J suddenly looks - wasn’t your last trip together only about two months ago? How did all that growing happen in such a short time span?!
Aww--thank you very much!!

After I read this I went back to my last TR to see what he looked like. You're so right--he looks like he really grew. That was in August. I can't believe how much he's changed.
Can’t wait to hear all about it! :)
Thanks!! Glad you're here!!
First of all, I am in!
Second, J looks so much older!
Third, wow your BIL is tall!!!
1 Yay!! Welcome!!
2 Yes--he really does.
3 He is!! He's 6'4"(I believe). E's only 4'11". J definitely gets his height from his dad. We noticed the other day that J is almost as tall as my nephew Z who is 3 years older than him!!
Whoo Hoo!! Love me some Riverside reports!!
Thank you!! You're very kind!!
Yay! Can't wait to follow along!
Thanks--I'm glad you're here!!
So we missed each other again! Well here's to the next time lol. I'm glad you got your case on your flight, I wasn't so fortunate and my main suitcase went missing for 5 days out of 8 😡. I did have fun shopping for clothes, toiletries etc. Fortunately I can claim that back from airline😊. Looking forward to your report.
5 out of 8--oh, that is not good at all. My fear is that it was going to get left behind so that's why I said something.
Thanks so much!!
Reading along!! Love your TRs!
Aww--thank you very much!!
Yay! I'm excited to see your report. I have to get excited about going back to WDW again and this will help. :)
Thanks!! I sure hope it does!!
following!
Thanks & welcome!!
🙋🏼‍♀️Here and following along!
Great!! Glad you're here!!
YAY!!! ANOTHER @riverside adventure!! :joyfull: ;)
Thanks!! Welcome!
If you SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING :banghead::bored:
Exactly!!
O.k. I'm in!! (Oh, I had a chuckle over J's larger-than-life smile, while he was on the plane. :) )
Glad you're here!! I looked at that pic again & you're right!! It's kind of an "in your face" type of photo too!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

The CM's were handing out these activity books for the kids. E's theory was they were trying to keep the kids occupied since there was quite the wait for the ME.
IMG_3077.JPEG

I haven't seen a line like that in ages.
IMG_3078.JPEG

It did move pretty fast though.
IMG_3079.JPEG

IMG_3080.JPEG

We got an "old" ME.
IMG_3081.JPEG

That boy there--either had too much sugar in him or was super excited to be going b/c be pretty much bounced in his seat forever!!
IMG_3082.JPEG

At 12:55 we were seeing this!!
IMG_3087.JPEG

We're at Walt Disney World!!
IMG_1927.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

We're getting close!!
IMG_3088.JPEG

Someone looks excited!!
IMG_3089.JPEG

First stop was French Quarter.
IMG_3090.JPEG

Then Riverside!!:happy:
IMG_3091.JPEG

I know this picture is dark but in all the times I've stayed at Riverside I never noticed Bell Services outside. I guess b/c I've seen them in the lobby I never paid attention to them here.
IMG_3092.JPEG

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
IMG_3093.JPEG

We had ordered groceries so we went to pick them up first.
IMG_3094.JPEG

This CM is so sweet. I can't remember her name but I swear she is there every time I'm at Riverside. She's such a friendly person.
IMG_3095.JPEG

This will be the first of many times that you'll see J parked on the ground. He did it quite a few times this trip. E & JSR kept telling him to stop sitting on the ground esp. b/c the stroller was right there. Not quite sure what that was all about.
IMG_3096.JPEG

We got the groceries & headed to our rooms!!
IMG_3097.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

I was hoping that the lobby Christmas tree would be put up during our stay but unfortunately that didn't happen.
IMG_3098.JPEG

Beautiful!!
IMG_3099.JPEG

I was keeping my fingers crossed about my room.
IMG_3100.JPEG

The moment of truth....
IMG_3101.JPEG

I was so excited when I walked in!! It was refurbished--& didn't smell!!
IMG_3102.JPEG

No carpeting--hooray!!
IMG_3103.JPEG

Nice big tv!!
IMG_3104.JPEG

IMG_3105.JPEG

IMG_3106.JPEG

IMG_3107.JPEG

The coloring scheme is much brighter than what was there before. I really liked it!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

Look @bee, they finally got with the program regarding the coffee creamers!!
IMG_3110.JPEG

IMG_3111.JPEG

IMG_3114.JPEG

@Matt and Kelly they're back!!
IMG_3116.JPEG

The light around the frame was really nice.
IMG_3117.JPEG

I was in heaven with this mirror. I had forgot how handy these are for putting on makeup. A few days after I came home I went out & bought one!
IMG_3118.JPEG

I kind of felt that the shower curtain didn't really mesh well.
IMG_3119.JPEG

While taking my tour of the room there was a knock on the door. I thought maybe it was my luggage but it wasn't. A CM was dropping off this card. He asked how everything was & I told him great & I really liked the refurbished room.
IMG_3122.JPEG

Time for the must do's!!
IMG_3123.JPEG

I loaded up the refrigerator. I didn't feel like it was cold enough but I was stuck with where it was b/c I couldn't find a switch to adjust it!! It was really bizarre!!
IMG_3124.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

Just a few more.....(I honestly wouldn't have taken this many had it not been for the refurb).
IMG_3126.JPEG

I love having a ceiling fan!!
IMG_3127.JPEG

This is the building that I was in. Not on this side though. I was on the second floor in the back with a view of the parking lot. It wasn't that bad though. The nice thing was that I was a stone's throw from the North Depot.
IMG_3129.JPEG

I took a little walk around to take in the surroundings.
IMG_3130.JPEG

IMG_3131.JPEG

We were meeting at the boat dock so we could take the boat to Disney Springs.
IMG_3132.JPEG

IMG_3133.JPEG

J had changed from his jeans into shorts.
IMG_3134.JPEG

His nice face.
IMG_3135.JPEG

And his scary one!!
IMG_3136.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

We were hungry but didn't want to get anything too big b/c we had an early dinner reservation. We were going to go to Earl of Sandwich but the concern was that the bread would be too filling & our dinner reservation was in about 2 1/2 hours. BTW--JSR calls it "Duke of Earl". I had mentioned that I really wanted to try The Polite Pig so we went there.
IMG_3137.JPEG

IMG_3138.JPEG

Cute & fun!!
IMG_3139.JPEG

The sauce bar was cool.
IMG_3140.JPEG

I really liked the atmosphere here!!
IMG_3141.JPEG

Remember what I said about not wanting to eat too much before dinner?? :oops: I was going to get 2 sides. Sides are $6 each or 3 for $15. They really know how to get you.
The watermelon salad and brussel sprouts were excellent. The potato salad, not so much.
IMG_3142.JPEG

I asked E what was wrong with J. He told her that my food smelled gross. Not quite the brussel sprout fan......
IMG_3144.JPEG

IMG_3143.JPEG

E split a kid's meal of chicken tenders with J. JSR got a chicken salad wrap.
IMG_3145.JPEG

I would definitely make a return trip there. I would like to try some actual BBQ next time!!

Rista1313

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

We were hungry but didn't want to get anything too big b/c we had an early dinner reservation. We were going to go to Earl of Sandwich but the concern was that the bread would be too filling & our dinner reservation was in about 2 1/2 hours. BTW--JSR calls it "Duke of Earl". I had mentioned that I really wanted to try The Polite Pig so we went there.
View attachment 427106

View attachment 427107

Cute & fun!!
View attachment 427108

The sauce bar was cool.
View attachment 427109

I really liked the atmosphere here!!
View attachment 427110

Remember what I said about not wanting to eat too much before dinner?? :oops: I was going to get 2 sides. Sides are $6 each or 3 for $15. They really know how to get you.
The watermelon salad and brussel sprouts were excellent. The potato salad, not so much.
View attachment 427111

I asked E what was wrong with J. He told her that my food smelled gross. Not quite the brussel sprout fan......
View attachment 427113

View attachment 427112

E split a kid's meal of chicken tenders with J. JSR got a chicken salad wrap.
View attachment 427114

I would definitely make a return trip there. I would like to try some actual BBQ next time!!

Definitely on the top of the list of our favorite places!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
following
Welcome & thank you!!
I told E that one of the reasons I keep coming back to Disney is because of those mirrors! :joyfull: My eyebrows alway look the best after I've been at Disney.
🤣I agree!!
Definitely on the top of the list of our favorite places!
I can see why!!
:hilarious: He would really make fun of my Mom and I then. We have 2 suitcases each almost all the time - and they are large ones! I can't believe how big J looks! Can't wait to hear more!
That's right--I remembered once you said that!!
I know--he must have had a growth spurt recently!! He's going to be tall like his dad for sure.
Thanks for following!!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
giphy.gif

So I can catch up!!!

E’s face is changing so much!!

Also, regarding those little mirrors of doom...the first time I looked in one I screamed and my son came running over. “Do I really look like that!?!” I asked.
He was too sweet to answer.
Pass.
Excited to read all about the best trip EVER😂

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

Our next stop was guest relations. Prior to the trip I was telling E about TiW & how I was thinking of purchasing it. She said she would split the cost with me since she would be benefiting from it also!! I told her I wanted to keep track of our receipts for the week b/c I really wanted an accurate picture of what the savings were.
IMG_3146.JPEG

Guest relations wasn't very crowded & in no time at all we had our card!!
IMG_3147.JPEG

Upon leaving a hawk descended on us. Ok, not literally. Actually, it was a DVC CM--close enough;)
They're really good about approaching the kid first & roping you in by giving them a sticker. Then you feel obligated to listen to
their spiel.
IMG_3148.JPEG

I was really enjoying the low crowds in DS!!
IMG_3149.JPEG

IMG_3150.JPEG

E & JSR were polite enough to let him entertain them. I lost interest after 30 seconds or so.
IMG_3151.JPEG

J & I amused ourselves by taking a selfie.
IMG_3152.JPEG

At one point I told J that the guy was boring me. He said, "Good. Let's go shopping then." Off we went!!
IMG_3153.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom