News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unbelievable how you guys are ok with this and do mental gymnastics to justify such price tags...
This costs 35M€ and has intricate theming, expensive trackless technology, a rooftop full of solar panels and all the other things you list. Oh, and it's not a basic flat ride:

All that... and incredibly boring. The SFX is super-basic. Compare that to Mystic Manor and it pales in comparison.

UNCgolf

All that... and incredibly boring. The SFX is super-basic. Compare that to Mystic Manor and it pales in comparison.

I'm sure Mystic Manor is better (I wouldn't know!) but that looks better/more interesting than anything they've built in Florida since Expedition Everest (and probably Flight of Passage, but I haven't been on that yet). Hopefully Rise of the Resistance and MMRR will be better as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The UoE is more than just switchbacks. It will contain, I believe, two preshows with AAs and projections that will far outstrip what was previously there (barely working dinosaurs and a missing Ellen and giant TVs with a giant TV show). It will also be the load/unload for the coaster whose take-off should be a bit of a mini-show in itself. All the while, being a Xandarian educational exhibit about the formation of the galaxy.
There will be more than just switchbacks, but it’s a shame they still didn’t learn from Rocket Rods.

So much was lost with this project. Including potential.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I mean... you can have a version of this ride in every World Showcase Pavillion or Ratatouille for the same budget.

I know which one I would choose...

Just call to mind how often so many here criticize the Mermaid and Nemo omnimovers. Having a lot of rides lacking some pizzazz is a whole lot of a lack of pizzazz.

We're about to get three LPS that have the bare minimum of expected pizzazz. Don't settle for a whole bunch of Antarcticas.

Timothy_Q

Just call to mind how often so many here criticize the Mermaid and Nemo omnimovers. Having a lot of rides lacking some pizzazz is a whole lot of a lack of pizzazz.

We're about to get three LPS that have the bare minimum of expected pizzazz. Don't settle for a whole bunch of Antarcticas.
Are you seriously saying Nemo and Mermaid are on the same level as Symbolica?

Those are some powerful pixie dust goggles you're wearing today

Also you're missing the point that Symbolica was way cheaper

1574096200229.png

1574096209582.png

1574096218148.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Are you seriously saying Nemo and Mermaid are on the same level as Symbolica?

Those are some powerful pixie dust goggles you're wearing today

Also you're missing the point that Symbolica was way cheaper

Wait. I'm saying that two Disney rides are boring, and you're calling me a pixie duster?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

When I said "All that..." I acknowledged the validity of the nice things you said of Symbolica. My point is that its not enough.

Sure, Disney overspends. But Symbolica needed a bigger budget to put better SFX in each room.

Timothy_Q

Wait. I'm saying that two Disney rides are boring, and you're calling me a pixie duster?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

When I said "All that..." I acknowledged the validity of the nice things you said of Symbolica. My point is that its not enough.

Sure, Disney overspends. But Symbolica needed a bigger budget to put better SFX in each room.
"for the price of Ratatouille we could have a Symbolica for every World Showcase country"

"We don't want more rides like Mermaid and Nemo"

Yeah you're comparing Nemo to Symbolica. That's pixie dust

Magenta Panther

Nobody is saying WDW should be a daycare, but your attitude is way off base and you should check yourself. WDW is not your personal adult playground. Get off your high horse and try to think outside your perspective for once.

WDW is a playground for everyone. Which means that its rides shouldn't have to be dumbed down to suit the tastes of infants. Mary Poppins deserves better than a carousel, and I'm not going to accept the possibility that it's all we'll get just because your kids might not get scared on it. Try again.

Surferboy567

I really hate to be that guy but someone has to say it. I fail to see how talking about guardians, UOE, and Symbolica (while all interesting topics) have to do with the MARY POPPINS attraction coming to Epcot. Anyways back to Mary...are we expecting to see ground broken on this by EOY? I thought Marni and other insiders said this was the case? Or have they still not locked down any solid attraction for the site yet?

mikejs78

Premium Member
"for the price of Ratatouille we could have a Symbolica for every World Showcase country"

"We don't want more rides like Mermaid and Nemo"

Yeah you're comparing Nemo to Symbolica. That's pixie dust
Sorry, saying that it's pixie dust when he says two Disney rides are boring and that Symbolica is also boring is a misuse of the term. You're not making sense here.

Magenta Panther

Sorry, saying that it's pixie dust when he says two Disney rides are boring and that Symbolica is also boring is a misuse of the term. You're not making sense here.

Sorry to further misdirect this discussion, but my only complaint about Symbolica (remember, please, that I've only seen videos of it) is that the storyline doesn't make much sense. Maybe it's a language barrier? But it's still amazing and a visual feast.

Figments Friend

The loss of UoE to become the queue, the freaking queue, for a roller coaster will never stop stinging. Pointless loss. The majority of the coaster itself isn’t even in the original UoE building. They could have built a queue and load area anywhere on that side of the park and not destroyed a unique attraction for a glorified waiting room.

Compound that with the coaster being in the wrong park and it stings more.

Agree.

Add this into the stinging mix - the 'Guardians' gigantic show building eyesore.
It competes with the visual scale of Spaceship Earth upon arriving at the Parks ( especially via the Monorail ).

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom