News New Building between AK's Satu'li Canteen and Festival of the Lion King

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Saturday, September 28, 2019. This may have been mentioned or posted elsewhere, but I didn't find it. A new building is being constructed behind Pandora's Satu'li Canteen (in the backstage area) and Festival of the Lion King theatre. The building is on the elevated area near the restrooms on the river pathway between Africa and Pandora. This doesn't appear to be a backstage building as there are two distinct roof lines and the façade will be seen from the pathway.

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

In the below photo, as viewed from the courtyard near Tusker House. The "Lion King" restrooms are in the brown building, with the roof framework of the new building appearing over the top of the restroom building.

IMG_2401.JPG

JLipnick

with the building that large, could it possibly be a multi use facility? perhaps maybe a DVC lounge also? the lounge in Epcot is very popular (so much so that our last few times there we could not get 3 seats near each other) and I know we ask every time if there are any plans to add the lounge in the other parks.

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Sunday, November 10, 2019.

IMG_2550.JPG

New construction walls installed along the pathway. This area was a small hillside with vegetation. Appears this will be the entrance path to the new Club 33 at Animal Kingdom.

IMG_2552.JPG

As viewed from across the river, you can see above the construction walls a smaller building with a door way.

IMG_2553.JPG

Yes it is Club 33, Harambe House. I was fortunate to visit all three locations at WDW last week. Word is there are two more clubs on the way....

nickys

Premium Member
Yes it is Club 33, Harambe House. I was fortunate to visit all three locations at WDW last week. Word is there are two more clubs on the way....

I believe there is (or will be) one in each park, which ones did you visit?

And as @danlb_2000 asked, where are the next two? I assume one of them is in the park you didn’t see.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe there is (or will be) one in each park, which ones did you visit?

And as @danlb_2000 asked, where are the next two? I assume one of them is in the park you didn’t see.

I am interesting in clarification on this also. I took his message to mean there are two more beyond the four in the parks. I think one at Disney Springs would make sense.

Kman101

Would they add them to the resorts? Maybe start with the Kingdom area resorts? A Disney Springs location makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom