News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Haymarket2008

On the Walt Disney imagineering website with the spaceship earth model behind it are two stock pictures of a carousel...I wonder if this Is it. The one thing that makes me think that maybe it’s not the case is becuase like I said these are stock pictures of a carousel...also this entire picture could be staged. Thoughts?

There are carousels but there also seems to be pictures of Coney Island during the turn of the century. I think it applies to elements within Spaceship Earth that aren't entirely known to us yet.

HauntedMansionFLA

On the Walt Disney imagineering website with the spaceship earth model behind it are two stock pictures of a carousel...I wonder if this Is it. The one thing that makes me think that maybe it’s not the case is becuase like I said these are stock pictures of a carousel...also this entire picture could be staged. Thoughts?
BD40AB7C-12DE-411A-88C4-02FF8786A2E5.png
95405CF9-2010-49DB-A7BD-7993E854A385.png

FerretAfros

Looking at @HauntedMansionFLA 's enlarged screengrab, it looks like there are a couple things going on:
BD40AB7C-12DE-411A-88C4-02FF8786A2E5.png

The two black and white images on the left are from Luna Park on Coney Island around the turn of the century. Following in the footsteps of the "White City" at Chicago's 1893 Columbian Exposition, Luna Park was one of the first locations to use electric lights in such a large scale and was used heavily for inspiration of TDS's Midway Mania and DCA's first overhaul of Paradise Pier.

593px-Night_in_Luna_Park%2C_Coney_Island_%281905%29.jpg

1024px-Brilliant_Luna_Park_at_night%2C_Coney_Island._New_York%27s_great_pleasure_resort%2C_from_Robert_N._Dennis_collection_of_stereoscopic_views.png

The remaining three images in the center of the frame are from Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. Among its many many claims to fame as the grandfather of the modern amusement park, Tivoli was also an early adopted of electric lights to outline its fanciful structures, and it served as one of Walt's inspirations for the original creation of Disneyland with its many themed buildings and landscapes.
tivoli-gardens-copenhagen.jpg

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

Tivoli-c-Alastair-Philip-Wiper-110.jpg

I can't quite make out the other images, but the inclusion of the string connecting the dots (which is a blatant giveaway that this photo was staged, rather than a real working environment) makes me think there must be some sort of hidden conspiracy going on here, which can only mean one thing: nearly four decades after the original Danish restroom structure was built in World Showcase, a Denmark pavilion is finally coming to Epcot. CONFIRMED!!1!!1!!! ;)

SplashJacket

which can only mean one thing: nearly four decades after the original Danish restroom structure was built in World Showcase, a Denmark pavilion is finally coming to Epcot. CONFIRMED!!1!!1!!! ;)

Or if we dig into the other side of the conspiracy theory, Coco was seen in other elements of the new Imagineering page. According to @WDW Pro, it is currently planned for Paradise Pier adjacent to Toy Story Mania.

What I am suggesting is that if you merge Paradise Pier elements with a new supposed attraction in the old (and still to me) Paradise Pier it seems like a complete package. It does not seem too far fetched to me!

Crazydisneyfanluke

Looking at @HauntedMansionFLA 's enlarged screengrab, it looks like there are a couple things going on:
View attachment 425423

The two black and white images on the left are from Luna Park on Coney Island around the turn of the century. Following in the footsteps of the "White City" at Chicago's 1893 Columbian Exposition, Luna Park was one of the first locations to use electric lights in such a large scale and was used heavily for inspiration of TDS's Midway Mania and DCA's first overhaul of Paradise Pier.

1024px-Brilliant_Luna_Park_at_night%2C_Coney_Island._New_York%27s_great_pleasure_resort%2C_from_Robert_N._Dennis_collection_of_stereoscopic_views.png

The remaining three images in the center of the frame are from Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. Among its many many claims to fame as the grandfather of the modern amusement park, Tivoli was also an early adopted of electric lights to outline its fanciful structures, and it served as one of Walt's inspirations for the original creation of Disneyland with its many themed buildings and landscapes.

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

I can't quite make out the other images, but the inclusion of the string connecting the dots (which is a blatant giveaway that this photo was staged, rather than a real working environment) makes me think there must be some sort of hidden conspiracy going on here, which can only mean one thing: nearly four decades after the original Danish restroom structure was built in World Showcase, a Denmark pavilion is finally coming to Epcot. CONFIRMED!!1!!1!!! ;)
I wonder if this is part of the narrative for SSE and maybe some of the potential sets?

Surferboy567

I wonder if this is part of the narrative for SSE and maybe some of the potential sets?

This is probably what it is...but if it’s a real picture (it most certainly isn’t as it looks staged) it’s weird to see a London looking area with a red conspiracy line (seriously does anyone use that) and a carousel. Hopefully it means nothing. Not sure where this would fit in spaceship earth.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 425423

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

Maybe... they're planning to build a theme park... in EPCOT!!!

Surferboy567

Can we anticipate any screens or projections on this carousel or should I be thinking a simpler attraction than that?

If it’s a carousel (I really hope it’s not). I’d imagine they would go ALL OUT on projections or screens to make you believe you are in a cartoon setting like Jolly Holiday or Royal Dalton. This is the bare minimum any less then this and this is sure to be a disappointment. I’m hoping for more then this though a dark ride would be ideal but I know is unlikely. Hell, an enchanted tales with Mary (not my perfered option) may be better then a carousel. With the right effects who knows? I just hope for a more significant addition. EPCOT needs more attractions (at least in my opinion)

Surferboy567

Don't even whisper Enchanted Tales with Mary...
That is the worst possible option....Though I have to agree a carousel is pretty darn dismal

Yes, it is but it has a little leeway there with the potential special effect potential. (magic mirror in Belle, exploring Banks house)

Magenta Panther

I absolutely want top tier attractions, but as a new father, I can no longer overlook the benefit of attractions aimed at the younger audience. I know it's not always what we want, but it is something that is needed

So take 'em to Sesame Place or something. WDW is not supposed to be a day care center. Mary Poppins is NOT pablum for infants. How dare anyone dumb it down like that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom