News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

It will have customized horses and seats, it will have to have a ridiculous level of redundant safety features, then there is show programming, music recording, writing, and production, If screens hold true, there will be animation to be done, writers and an army of technicians... I honestly understand how the prices get so high...I was just hoping for more than a carousel...
There’s not a whole lot of room to work with there. Too bad WorldShowPlace isn’t going anywhere.

Timothy_Q

Really? How so?

Goofy213

Honestly that's insane for a simple ride, building and a facade... I know Disney spends a ton of wasted money, but I honestly can't figure out where it all goes!
I build commercial playgrounds and a simple single structure playground starts at $100,000. That's just an open structure with a couple slides, not a large scale ride with an authentic facade to match one of the most famous movies of all time.

CJR

If this is the case, it will probably be going down as the most hyped carousel of all time.

Fun? Sure, but it's still just a carousel, from the sound of it, at least.

FigmentFan82

I find it so odd that despite being officially confiemed at D23 that yes, a MP attraction is going in to the UK pavilion, we still have no concrete evidence as to what said attraction will be. Wouldn't TDO want to advertise what it is to create hype and awareness? Are they really still deciding what they are actually planning to build? Seems very cart before the horse.

Timothy_Q

I find it so odd that despite being officially confiemed at D23 that yes, a MP attraction is going in to the UK pavilion, we still have no concrete evidence as to what said attraction will be. Wouldn't TDO want to advertise what it is to create hype and awareness? Are they really still deciding what they are actually planning to build? Seems very cart before the horse.
Their announcement got every website screaming "FIRST EVER MARY POPPINS ATTRACTION COMING TO EPCOT"

That's all the advertisement they needed.

If they had said it was a carousel from the get go, they wouldn't have gotten such a positive response

FigmentFan82

Their announcement got every website screaming "FIRST EVER MARY POPPINS ATTRACTION COMING TO EPCOT"

That's all the advertisement they needed.

If they had said it was a carousel from the get go, they wouldn't have gotten such a positive response
I just hate that it reeks of indecision

Phicinfan

Well for the record, they broke ground on the theater in MK before they killed that project as well, planning isn't exactly a strong suit anymore

Nigelbfc

Well I may be in the minority here but I think combining a well themed Poppins carousel with modern screens or even better killer project mapping similar to what they are going to use in MMRR would be ideal for the IP and its placement. This would also be unique as I can’t think of any other carousel so immersive? As a dad of a younger child it was always struggle to keep him interested in world showcase as there is little for children to do ride wise. Also as others have said on various threads here not everything needs to be an E tickets. The best parks in the world are a balance of E and less ride types.

Surferboy567

On the Walt Disney imagineering website with the spaceship earth model behind it are two stock pictures of a carousel...I wonder if this Is it. The one thing that makes me think that maybe it’s not the case is becuase like I said these are stock pictures of a carousel...also this entire picture could be staged. Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom