All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Californian Elitist

The gorgeous and talented Lupita Nyong’o surprised USH Horror Nights guests and reprised her role as Red in the Us maze:

FA61E3ED-4B3D-40CB-9F2C-7FBA707E1101.jpeg

D0C3C3B6-7914-4F5D-887B-FE30A432069E.jpeg

344FFD6F-BA5B-48E4-A124-4F82483057AB.jpeg

Homemade Imagineering

Hey y’all, I thought I’d just give you guys an update regarding the final indominous Rex animatronic. When visiting yesterday, I rode it multiple times and noticed that he has a fairly noticeable hole on his skin in the upper neck area. Hopefully this is patched up soon.

Phroobar

Hey y’all, I thought I’d just give you guys an update regarding the final indominous Rex animatronic. When visiting yesterday, I rode it multiple times and noticed that he has a fairly noticeable hole on his skin in the upper neck area. Hopefully this is patched up soon.
Is it a rip or an access hole? How hard is it for maintenance to close up an access hole?

Homemade Imagineering

That is just sad. How hard is it to build a latex skin that won't rip after a month of operation? Who are they hiring that would create that?
It is definitely unfortunate. Im pretty sure all of the skin on the Dino’s are silicone, not latex. I’m not really sure how this keeps happening, especially with its current limited movement. Apparently she has been having issues with her skin restricting some of her movements, according to a couple team members I spoke with at unload a few weeks ago. Also, speaking of her movement, her jaw now hangs open, and only slightly moved up and down. When they uncovered her a few weeks ago, her jaw was tight shut, and barely moved up and down. Just slightly.

You can see what I’m talking about regarding her current movement in the videos below

tighter jaw with limited movement:

jaw now hanging open with limited movement (current state):

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>In a surprising move, Universal Studios Hollywood has decreased the prices on all levels of their annual passes.

The Platinum Annual Pass, which includes benefits such as no blackout dates and Universal Express, was $629 is now listed at $449, dropping $180.

The Gold Pass, which was $329, is now $249 – dropping $80. The Silver Pass only saw a slight reduction, dropping $5 from $179 to $174.<<

waltography

In a surprising move, Universal Studios Hollywood has decreased the prices on all levels of their annual passes...

I'm shocked, but I think it makes sense given what they offer currently. I still don't find myself any more motivated to get a pass beyond their California Neighbor Pass, which was a really good deal while I had one.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
When I learned of this earlier today, I reached out to a few folks, some haven't responded yet, due to the season. But the gist I am getting, USH isn't getting the numbers they want in attendance, and attendance is a key to in-park spending.

While the out of town, and VIP sales are going strong, the local market isn't where they want it to be. And if you look at the nearby parks and their new attractions, USH is light in that category. So expect to see other local specials in the next few months, at least until Secret Life of Pets opens.

But once the Lower Lot is fully open, expect the prices to rise again.

Homemade Imagineering

I just thought I’d do a quick maintenance update for Jurassic world and mummy since I just got back from ush today. Today on mummy was my first time seeing a static Imhotep which was very strange, and on Jurassic world, the mom stegosaurus wasn’t working and was even turned off during my visit yesterday. As I got into the building, the second dilophosaurus animatronic was turned off, along with the blue animatronic, and the audio of Owen saying “keep an eye out for blue.”

Phroobar

I just thought I’d do a quick maintenance update for Jurassic world and mummy since I just got back from ush today. Today on mummy was my first time seeing a static Imhotep which was very strange, and on Jurassic world, the mom stegosaurus wasn’t working and was even turned off during my visit yesterday. As I got into the building, the second dilophosaurus animatronic was turned off, along with the blue animatronic, and the audio of Owen saying “keep an eye out for blue.”
It's sad they just opened that thing and most everything is already broken. No wonder everyone goes with screens. Of course Disneyland can't keep most of the characters in Splash Mountain working either.

Phroobar

Interesting. BitDefender is generating a suspecious connection blocked on this page. Chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to iusite.ewart.net

You guys might want to be careful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom