Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody said, “Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes!” 🧁

Best wishes, and may there be many, many more rides on the moving benches in your future! :D
“But they’ll have to reopen the MPB first!” he pouted. (He REALLY misses the train!)

Thanks for your sweet comments @wdwfamilynh.

Also that Wookiee cake looks amazing! I’ll have to see if they have any on my next trip!
I fear it was only there to celebrate the opening of SW:GE. The recent pics I’ve seen of the dessert case do not have the Wookiee cake. :arghh:

Well technically speaking it was also contemporary last month...

Max
You and your technicalities......🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I loved the elephant towel. Some people (not me) are so creative.
Please tell Woody that Darstarr and Joey’s sisters wish him a:
giphy.gif

(Glad you were a happy magician😉)
Oops missed a few updates so happy belated birthday to Woody...
Happy Belated Birthday to Woody!
Happy belated birthday to Woody!
Woody appreciates the belated greetings!

Nooooooo! I’ll be there opening weekend of rise of the resistance, I’m ever hopeful they’ll bring it back!
Fingers crossed!

Just wanted to share this with everyone, lol

I resemble some of the lyrics in his song. :cautious: :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, August 31

We wanted to be on the road back home by 7 am so we were up early to pack and grab a quick breakfast from Gasparilla’s (Nutella croissants and coffee). It was still dark when we left our room, but I did open the drapes one last time to say goodbye to the view we’ll never have again!

Hurricane Dorian’s path was still uncertain this morning and there was a chance we’d have a rainy drive to Georgia. I’m happy to report we didn’t. We were amazed at the number of power trucks and emergency vehicles headed south as we drove north on the interstate. Florida was prepared for Dorian ~ thankfully it was a non-event.

We arrived home to Poly and Kona keeping each other company (not a normal event! 😹)

7A8B1910-2D3C-4539-9F21-A71C559B9B25.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25
CONCLUSION

First, a great big THANK YOU to everyone who has read all 83 pages of what amounts to more of a novel than a chapter! I so enjoyed your comments, gifs and snark along the way. Retelling my adventures helped prolong summer (my favorite season)....vicariously....until now, November 8!

All three trips were lots of fun and special in their own way. It’s too hard to pick a favorite. Meeting fellow Magicians was definitely a highlight! I hope there will be more meets in my future. :happy:

I’m blessed to be returning to the World for my second favorite season ~ Christmas ~ not once, but twice! Should I trip report (undecided at this point) each visit will have its own thread. No more novels!

Because this TR opened with a vintage photo of me, it’s fitting to close with one from the same time frame.

Minus the hat.

From the rocky shore on the coast of Maine (to prove that I have vacationed in other places! :jawdrop: )

D13F4A5C-6EFD-42D2-A5AB-750CC27BF4B0.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom