Frozen 2 to be released November 22nd, 2019

Phroobar

3etgrv.jpg

If Frozen II is successful it will be just a matter of time before Elsa moves in to this Disneyland classic! Don't let this happen. Send Disney a message!

BrianLo

Tracking is putting this over 100 million (probably to the surprise of no one).

But that easily makes it the highest opening for Disney animated ever (Zootopia at 75) and the only animated film outside of the summer to open above 100.

If they were going to rush Frozen into Disneyland (especially the Matterhorn) they would have already done it for Disneyland's 60th. The first movie was already a juggernaut when they overhauled it with the new Yeti and show scene. The decision for Frozen ever after was made in 2014. The current Matterhorn refurb was January to May 2015.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tracking is putting this over 100 million (probably to the surprise of no one).

But that easily makes it the highest opening for Disney animated ever (Zootopia at 75) and the only animated film outside of the summer to open above 100.

If they were going to rush Frozen into Disneyland (especially the Matterhorn) they would have already done it for Disneyland's 60th. The first movie was already a juggernaut when they overhauled it with the new Yeti and show scene. The decision for Frozen ever after was made in 2014. The current Matterhorn refurb was January to May 2015.

Disney is usually years behind leveraging new popular IP with permanent attractions. Frozen and Marvel Lands are only now going up CA and in the foreign parks.

Matterhorn and subs would make a great Frozen mountain and fjord....

BrianLo

Disney is usually years behind leveraging new popular IP with permanent attractions. Frozen and Marvel Lands are only now going up CA and in the foreign parks.

Matterhorn and subs would make a great Frozen mountain and fjord....

Without drifting too off topic I think it’s the perfect location for the mini land (Autotopia/Subs), but the overlays of existing attractions seems to be their go to panic insert the franchise decision.

I still think the Matterhorn will remain the Matterhorn. Could it transition from bobsleds to sleighs? Maybe. But less like Elsa screaming let it go on the lift.

But I think it will be a nice appendage of the land by circumstance rather than the main
/solo overlay.

Matterhorn certainly fits somewhat more naturally into Arrendale than the Australian Great Barrier Reef.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Without drifting too off topic I think it’s the perfect location for the mini land (Autotopia/Subs), but the overlays of existing attractions seems to be their go to panic insert the franchise decision.

I still think the Matterhorn will remain the Matterhorn. Could it transition from bobsleds to sleighs? Maybe. But less like Elsa screaming let it go on the lift.

But I think it will be a nice appendage of the land by circumstance rather than the main
/solo overlay.

Matterhorn certainly fits somewhat more naturally into Arrendale than the Australian Great Barrier Reef.

Won't you be surprised when Captain Nemo makes a cameo in Frozen 2!!!

BrianLo

Good early buzz from last night.

Also, dawned on me last night. Is this Walt Disney Animations first real sequel for a popular musical princess type movie? The rest were always VHS sequels weren’t they?

Yes, off the top of my head the only real theatrical sequels were for the Rescuers, Fantasia, Winnie the Pooh and Wreck it Ralph.

I'm glad to hear the trailers weren't a total mislead with the tonal maturation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom