HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

hkdisky

there are several findings from the HKSAR building department...
for the frozen area,
2AA63F86-6DBB-4BB8-99BC-A192EEE41806.jpeg

079F2DD3-30B3-481D-8340-B5B3D4171D74.jpeg

the castle will have 1 level (no walkthrough within the castle) with a basement (for cm or FEA?), the castle is probably for greet and meet.
E-ticket building (should be FEA) consists of 2 levels, probably same as EPCOT one (Question: is it possible the splash mountain type with frozen theme fit in 2 levels building?)
The 2 levels ride facility building should be Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs.
There are 1 shop ad 1 restaurant with frozen theme
1 dining area building: for snacks? or meet and greet here?

BB2359BB-694E-4305-8C67-56AD22390601.jpeg

finally, a firing bunker & associated structure was filed in May 2018... it probably for the fireworks show, but where will it be? the frozen lake? or new castle?

MagicHK

for the frozen area,
View attachment 422362
View attachment 422363
the castle will have 1 level (no walkthrough within the castle) with a basement (for cm or FEA?), the castle is probably for greet and meet.
E-ticket building (should be FEA) consists of 2 levels, probably same as EPCOT one (Question: is it possible the splash mountain type with frozen theme fit in 2 levels building?)
The 2 levels ride facility building should be Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs.

View attachment 422364
finally, a firing bunker & associated structure was filed in May 2018... it probably for the fireworks show, but where will it be? the frozen lake? or new castle?

Nice findings! I guess the basement is the water pump/filtration facilities for the lake?

ParkPeeker

You are seriously talented 👏 Now I'm so hyped for the castle!

On a second note: does anyone think that they'll actually put plants on the castle? I imagine it will be very hard to maintain...
Thanks so much!

Good point, I don’t think the window plant is there on the iron man experience ride, but I can’t tell if the left side of the castle has them or not. I think it’s safe to assume that it’ll at least have them on the new ramparts at the front of the castle.

Timothy_Q

weekly wip update for y’all. I might continue working on it because I’m never satisfied 😅, or might start a new edit with a better point of view and a sunnier day 😂. Either way I’ll be obsessed with this until it’s finished lol.
View attachment 422339

before and after gif for fun, lol you can still see the logo on the roof oops 😬
Great work!

Your simulation makes me more hopeful the new and old castles will blend better than what we've seen so far

SpaceMountainUK

You are seriously talented 👏 Now I'm so hyped for the castle!

On a second note: does anyone think that they'll actually put plants on the castle? I imagine it will be very hard to maintain...
They could possibly be using fake plants on balconies and turrets as per the renders and drawings if those elements haven’t been cut from the design

IMDREW

They used fake foliage in Pandora and Galaxy’s Edge so I’m sure they can do it if they want to. I liked it in the blueprint art they presented on mainstreet, so Im still hopeful they’ll go through with it.

Im just happy the color scheme is making sense after all the weird concept art colors! 😅

for the frozen area,
View attachment 422362
View attachment 422363

View attachment 422364
Wow thanks for sharing! Amazing findings!
Tho another restaurant in Arendelle?
Seems a bit redundant when the existing ones in the Park aren't always fully open...

BrianLo

@marni1971 - do you have in your repository anything to suggest what ticketing class Disney internally thought Epcot's Frozen Ever After fell into? Or Maelstrom if you happen to only know that.

I'm still working on my Hong Kong's version is plussed theory.

Ismael Flores

maybe i missed it but has there been any news about the expansion for the marvel area?
cant wait to see the cool building they showed in the concept art for Hong Kong.

MagicHK

maybe i missed it but has there been any news about the expansion for the marvel area?
cant wait to see the cool building they showed in the concept art for Hong Kong.

Hong Kong just announced the coming expansion plan will be significantly revised due to the on going protest

IMDREW

poor performance as a result of relying on mainland tourist? (not only hkdl, but the hk tourism industry)
It does not say they’re significantly revising the expansion plans right?

hkdisky

It does not say they’re significantly revising the expansion plans right?
it seems ”the project for Hong Kong Disneyland” is related to the expansion plans...

and Mr B points out that the rumour of turning the e-ticket to tot is therefore reasonable, that’s why D23 expo didn't mention HKDL marvel e-ticket.

but it is also possible that the e-ticket is still there and they are planning the second gate, the second gate project is suspended due to the performance

PymParty

as the expansion plan and its allocated budget was locked in place several years ago (2017) and paid, nothing can be changed about it without any official announcement (Frozen coaster for example, but I now believe it used the budget allocated to the re-imagining project). So the Avengers e-ticket will happen for sure around 2023.
However, absolutely no details were given on it since the announcement in 2016, the only infos we have are RUMORS (such as the fact that it will be a clone of the ride coming to DCA) so we shouldn't mix everything and talk about budget cuts, even when we are given details about the ride in the future. The big difference with Disney's projects stateside si that in HK they are funded partly by HKGOV, so the budgets must be decided on in advance and nothing happens to the overall allocated sum.

The protests will, for sure, impact the development of HKDL in the long term if they don't stop soon like it impacts HK as a whole, but the expansion plan is not long term and everything is decided about it already.

halbjobri

as the expansion plan and its allocated budget was locked in place several years ago (2017) and paid, nothing can be changed about it without any official announcement (Frozen coaster for example, but I now believe it used the budget allocated to the re-imagining project). So the Avengers e-ticket will happen for sure around 2023.
However, absolutely no details were given on it since the announcement in 2016, the only infos we have are RUMORS (such as the fact that it will be a clone of the ride coming to DCA) so we shouldn't mix everything and talk about budget cuts, even when we are given details about the ride in the future. The big difference with Disney's projects stateside si that in HK they are funded partly by HKGOV, so the budgets must be decided on in advance and nothing happens to the overall allocated sum.

The protests will, for sure, impact the development of HKDL in the long term if they don't stop soon like it impacts HK as a whole, but the expansion plan is not long term and everything is decided about it already.
True; the Legislative Council here is notoriously slow so I doubt they would want to change anything just to stick the project back into development hell for a few more decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom