Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Back home. Unpacking and eyeing the loads of laundry to be done....

While my race wasn't successful, it was great finally meeting @Texas84 and @Demarke. And seeing @surfsupdon again.

Really enjoyed Adventurers Club. Now I understand why folks were sad when Paradise Island closed.

@surfsupdon, Typhoon Lagoon is the water park with the lazy river, correct? We visited last summer and had a blast. Need to go again.

A week off, then back to training for the Half in January. Hopefully, we can do another meetup.

So glad next year's W&D starts after the month of November begins. Haven't been able to do Halloween at home for the past two years.

JillC LI

Here’s my report, then. My race was amazing. I took a new approach and divided it up into thirds; 5mile to warm up, 5mile to race, and 3 miles to give it whatever is left.

In Corral A I started with Galloway’s son and Carissa shouted her hubby out and ‘my runDisney friend Don.’ Always makes me feel good. I tried staying with Galloway and this other dude I met but I lost them at mile 3.

So here it was mile 3 and I pushed myself more than I thought. So I figured I’d race the first 5 and cruise the 2nd 5 miles. New plan.

I finished the first 5 at 7:40 mile....I expected to be at 8/mile. Oh well here I was but I felt good. So I kept up the pace!! I didn’t cruise.

The 2nd 5mile section I repeated ‘I CAN do this, and I WILL do this’ at every mile. I still felt strong. I was like omg this is amazing. Pace even dropped to 7:37/mile. I just went with it.

The last 3 miles, my fav part, MGM boardwalk canal, boards, and Epcot. I call this my ‘home course!’ Nobody passes me here. I gave Tower a run by kiss— it was afterall the race that started it all for me in 2007. Then running down the canal route I saw Galloway in his green alien hat and I was like I NEED TO CATCH HIM. So I did, and I passed him! Then on the boards itself I passed the other dude I wanted to stay with at the start. Here I was PASSING them and feeling good. Wild.

Running through World Showcase is always great. I was singing aloud the Frozen song they had blasting and then bare necessities. I remember getting emotional bc it hit me that I was running Disney, singing, and on track to my PB. In World Showcase where I have just so many memories!!!

Then we went backstage and I said omg I feel terrible. My body must have showed it bc the runner behind me said don’t worry buddy less than 5mins to go, you got this, and I said you’re right I GOT THIS, and I pushed through and crossed that line feeling absolutely amazing, ahead of that guy. Lol. Carissa shouted a huge welcome, she knew it was my PB, and wished me a Merry Christmas!

I was elated I felt so good! My training paid off, my preparation paid off, I was so proud.

I’m now enjoying the afternoon on my BLT balcony getting ready to go swim.View attachment 423392
Great race report and great pics! How did you manage to look so fresh in all the running shots? I always look half dead in those shots. LOL. Congrats on the PB.

OG Runner

Great race report and great pics! How did you manage to look so fresh in all the running shots? I always look half dead in those shots. LOL. Congrats on the PB.

I agree. I remember when I ran my first Disney Marathon. I saw a very inspirational sign coming over to Epcot. I knew I was going
to finish and felt elated. When my race photos came out I was wondering who the corpse was they replaced me with in France. :joyfull:

LAKid53

Premium Member
You mean you look like a hair tie? :joyfull:

(My cats are strictly indoors - they cost me a lot in half eaten hair ties)

Soaked in sweat, hair both matted and sticking out, red face, etc. You've only seen the "I've cleaned up, eaten and rested" photos. And taken in the dark. Smart, right?

So I gather you must do a lot of cleanup after regurgitated half eaten hair ties.... And I thought the weekly hair ball was bad. :depressed:

Texas84

Finishers
Half 12875
10K 12282
Challenge 6874

wd2019.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
So, I was going through my pictures and I’ve got a bit of a funny story from the weekend. Can anyone tell what’s a little off about this post-race picture? Just a standard character pic of a guy in an old Passholder t-shirt, right?

B56B1F0B-4F50-44BB-B796-6DF29CA1B3E6.jpeg

I probably wouldn’t have even thought to look for it, but I was in the food and bev line and noticed this couple looking at me and cracking up laughing. I was just thinking “What on earth? Do I have something on my face or something?” So, they get up to me in one of the switchbacks and in the most charming British accent say “You need to move your medal mate.” I’m confused, “My medal?” He says “Yeah, your shirt says you’re the Assholder.” :banghead:

2ADB12ED-0136-4DEC-AA05-CF47437FE8F1.png

So, that’s me, the infamous runDisney Assholder! You folks think it’s too late for me to change my screenname? 🤣

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, I was going through my pictures and I’ve got a bit of a funny story from the weekend. Can anyone tell what’s a little off about this post-race picture? Just a standard character pic of a guy in an old Passholder t-shirt, right?

View attachment 424184

I probably wouldn’t have even thought to look for it, but I was in the food and bev line and noticed this couple looking at me and cracking up laughing. I was just thinking “What on earth? Do I have something on my face or something?” So, they get up to me in one of the switchbacks and in the most charming British accent say “You need to move your medal mate.” I’m confused, “My medal?” He says “Yeah, your shirt says you’re the Assholder.” :banghead:

View attachment 424182

So, that’s me, the infamous runDisney Assholder! You folks think it’s too late for me to change my screenname? 🤣

I knew there was a reason you fit in so well... 😆

Come join us in the ad-free PML.

OG Runner

View attachment 424184

View attachment 424182

What happens in Disney stays in Disney!:joyfull:

surfsupdon

Next year’s theme, kinda, check my attachment.

Villains would be cool in 2019 when the race weekend overlapped with Halloween. Next year’s race is a weekend later, and therefore in the Disney Christmas season! Come on runDisney, get it right!!

Attachments

• DDC5C3C7-E56E-477F-8E33-7C443E9DCB16.png
    DDC5C3C7-E56E-477F-8E33-7C443E9DCB16.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 105

Figment82

Next year’s theme, kinda, check my attachment.

Villains would be cool in 2019 when the race weekend overlapped with Halloween. Next year’s race is a weekend later, and therefore in the Disney Christmas season! Come on runDisney, get it right!!
Yeah that’s kinda lame, although people are always clamoring for a villains race to off-set Princess, so maybe this was their compromise. I could see villains with food for the medals - Snow Queen with an apple pie, Yzma and Kronk with spinach puffs. 😂

surfsupdon

Yeah that’s kinda lame, although people are always clamoring for a villains race to off-set Princess, so maybe this was their compromise. I could see villains with food for the medals - Snow Queen with an apple pie, Yzma and Kronk with spinach puffs. 😂
Just give me Hook, or Cruella, please.

Attachments

• 5B057BF7-CDF4-4D88-ABFD-ACC5F06F4A34.jpeg
    5B057BF7-CDF4-4D88-ABFD-ACC5F06F4A34.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 82

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom