Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Greenlawler

The Runner's Square is the type of thing for folks who value comfort over at least $85. To me I would rather have another park ticket or meal at WDW. But to each their own, the morning of, especially when it is so cold, I always second guess my decision.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was glad I had purchased it in 2018, as it was very cold that weekend, and I was running alone. As @dreamfinder said, if the weather is pleasant, it may be not be as “worth” it. Pre-race I only remember there being bagels and bananas, but maybe that is all I was interested in eating. Post race, I think I got in only about a half hour or so before it was set to close, but there was still food (though I can’t remember what).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was glad I had purchased it in 2018, as it was very cold that weekend, and I was running alone. As @dreamfinder said, if the weather is pleasant, it may be not be as “worth” it. Pre-race I only remember there being bagels and bananas, but maybe that is all I was interested in eating. Post race, I think I got in only about a half hour or so before it was set to close, but there was still food (though I can’t remember what).

Scrambled eggs, sausages, breakfast potatoes, maybe waffles, more bagels, juice, coffee/tea...and chocolate milk.

OG Runner

I will probably pass on the Runner's Square. I am a little jealous of those who do partake, but I really can't eat and drink much
before a marathon, and it just wouldn't be worth it.

Greenlawler

I think I recall "special" characters being rumored one year for the retreat, and there was a rumor Dr. Strange was there. However I think it was just a rumor. I am guessing if there are characters they are just more of the finish line group of characters.

Years ago they would have unique characters at the finish line, but now it's pretty much the MVP'S.

I completely understand why they want the MVP's at the finish before anyone says anything lol.

On another note...and something I occasional need to vent about,

I just with they would get back to the years where they offered so many unique characters, I really think that is one of many small reasons the numbers are down. I know a lot of folks who used to run for the characters have stopped because of it. Paris has so many unique characters to chose from. Heck getting two or three of them a year would set that segment of the fandom on fire. It would probably pay off way more than the price of flying those characters over here, and "training" them in the States.

I know they have several characters ready here as well, I mean Dumbo, Rattigan, King Leonidus, Kronk, Kuzco, etc... have all been out for special events recently but none of them have ever appeared at the races.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I think I recall "special" characters being rumored one year for the retreat, and there was a rumor Dr. Strange was there. However I think it was just a rumor. I am guessing if there are characters they are just more of the finish line group of characters.

Years ago they would have unique characters at the finish line, but now it's pretty much the MVP'S.

I completely understand why they want the MVP's at the finish before anyone says anything lol.

On another note...and something I occasional need to vent about,

I just with they would get back to the years where they offered so many unique characters, I really think that is one of many small reasons the numbers are down. I know a lot of folks who used to run for the characters have stopped because of it. Paris has so many unique characters to chose from. Heck getting two or three of them a year would set that segment of the fandom on fire. It would probably pay off way more than the price of flying those characters over here, and "training" them in the States.

I know they have several characters ready here as well, I mean Dumbo, Rattigan, King Leonidus, Kronk, Kuzco, etc... have all been out for special events recently but none of them have ever appeared at the races.

Actually, if you watch the video for the 2018 Marathon done by Rezruns, he goes to the retreat both Star Lord/Peter Quill and Doctor Strange were there. (rumor becomes fact)

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Looks like the remaining Dopey slots are officially sold out today, so all races for the marathon weekend are filled up now (aside from any remaining charity or travel agent bibs out there).

I'm starting to get excited for the weekend, I'll be doing three more halfs locally between now and then to help tune up, hoping to have enough stamina by then to have at least a semi-respectable time in my first marathon (and Dopey) after running the first three races. Either way, the good news is my 26.2 time is guaranteed to be a personal record! :p

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looks like the remaining Dopey slots are officially sold out today, so all races for the marathon weekend are filled up now (aside from any remaining charity or travel agent bibs out there).

I'm starting to get excited for the weekend, I'll be doing three more halfs locally between now and then to help tune up, hoping to have enough stamina by then to have at least a semi-respectable time in my first marathon (and Dopey) after running the first three races. Either way, the good news is my 26.2 time is guaranteed to be a personal record! :p

The Castaway Challenge is still open. You can join me on a cruise the day after the Marathon and add a medal to your haul.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
lots of chatter on the RunDisneyRun facebook group yesterday about possible full course. Here's what I stole from there:

Here is what appears to be the 2020 WDW marathon course.The mileage pretty much checks out.

Couple of comments: MK will be mile 9 ish AK will be mile 16ish BB will be mile 20ish HS will be mile 22ish Epcot #2 will be mile 24.5ish Looks like everyone gets their wish... No WWOS.

As far as timing for EE, probably will be unaffected. 30 minute earlier start, but 3 miles later. Post open for speculation!

72178505_3726025850748217_7882255145625452544_o.jpg

Figment82

Interesting choice to take Western Way to BB. It’s a long, somewhat boring stretch of road, but it’s relatively flat and much better than taking the ramp down from Osceola to BVD. I’m just jealous there’s no Osceola at all! 😂 Looks like a fun course - I’m sure the lack of WWoS will be appreciated by most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom