Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mickeyboof

Its weird to me because I have always just assumed DLR would get everything first. I always think of them as the "main HQ" for Disney since it all started there, but more and more it seems WDW is in charge of everything.

I can't think of a good reason why WDW should open RotR first, other than "just because" which is no good reason.
At this point I am in "whatever" mode when it comes to this. WDW will open it, the press will spoil it for DLR.

I wish the ride good luck with operation but there are so many moving parts its gonna be a real test to see if it all keeps running.

Why would the press spoil it for DLR...?

Last edited by a moderator:

RSoxNo1

Its weird to me because I have always just assumed DLR would get everything first. I always think of them as the "main HQ" for Disney since it all started there, but more and more it seems WDW is in charge of everything.

I can't think of a good reason why WDW should open RotR first, other than "just because" which is no good reason.
At this point I am in "whatever" mode when it comes to this. WDW will open it, the press will spoil it for DLR.

I wish the ride good luck with operation but there are so many moving parts its gonna be a real test to see if it all keeps running.

The only justifiable reason I can come up with is that Rise of the Resistance is opening on time with the Fall 2019 opening date. This way, technically the only thing to not satisfy the originally announced opening dates would be Rise of the Resistance in Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I have always assumed that DLR's GE opened first "just because". I have never heard a reason why DHS's started as late as it did.

SWGalaxysEdge

NEW PICTURES - credit: Jon Menasse in my SWGE group. (location WDW)
First picture is the "exit" sign installed for RotR.
Second picture you can see a R-unit droid "eyes" peeking through the trees.

ToTBellHop

..because photos will be allowed at 12:01am on 12/5 and unless everyone else never looks at the internet, its gonna be out there.
There is a general view that DLs rabid fan base, just about all of whom seem to have blogs, are more critical than their Florida counterparts who are supposedly happy with any old cupcake. While I agree with that somewhat, folks from all different walks of life have criticized MFSR while just about everyone out east says, “j’adore Slinky Dog Dash!” so there is something unusual about MFSR.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
There is a general view that DLs rabid fan base, just about all of whom seem to have blogs, are more critical than their Florida counterparts who are supposedly happy with any old cupcake. While I agree with that somewhat, folks from all different walks of life have criticized MFSR while just about everyone out east says, “j’adore Slinky Dog Dash!” so there is something unusual about MFSR.

DLR tends to have the more cringey entitled vloggers than WDW. MFSR was overhyped to death while Slinky was a nice surprise because everyone thought it was going to suck. That being said I enjoy them both.

Last edited:

SWGalaxysEdge

New Pictures - credit @ParksandCons on Twitter
"A few new walls at Rise of the Resistance that seal off the queue for now."
EDIT: This is California not DHS
EDIT #2 - the last picture (I added) is the area I think they walled off - form the Critter Country entrance. There's this gap in the queue line. Please correct m,e if I am wrong

Last edited:

Franklin47disneyguy

First time poster. Long time reader. I remember some months back, someone had mentioned in an article (I don't remember which) that Kris Theiler was able to convince higher ups to open CA later due to the holidays already being a cluster in the parks. If they added an E Ticket then, it would have just been a nightmare. Makes sense if true.

Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New Pictures - credit @ParksandCons on Twitter
"A few new walls at Rise of the Resistance that seal off the queue for now."
EDIT: This is California not DHS
EDIT #2 - the last picture (I added) is the area I think they walled off - form the Critter Country entrance. There's this gap in the queue line. Please correct m,e if I am wrong

View attachment 423882

View attachment 423883

View attachment 423884

View attachment 423885

May be the installation of a permanent Coke kiosk with utilities hook up.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Forgive the obvious question, I don't think I've read every single post on this thread:

ROTR wont't be a mission, with riders needing to perform tasks, right?
I'm excited about this ride, and I'd like to just take in all the details.

Thanks!

Mickeyboof

Forgive the obvious question, I don't think I've read every single post on this thread:

ROTR wont't be a mission, with riders needing to perform tasks, right?
I'm excited about this ride, and I'd like to just take in all the details.

Thanks!

I think we’re captured before we can perform a mission... would that be a correct assessment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom