News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

yensidtlaw1969

The idea that The Matterhorn Bobsleds is an IP attraction is a bit of a stretch. The attraction has never featured any references to Third Man on the Mountain - the mountain itself is the only element featured in both the film and the ride, and is itself famous outside of both of them.

It's worth remembering that the ride opened 5 months before the film, so they had every chance to cross promote the movie if they'd wanted to. It's not like Walt was ever too subtle about promoting his projects when he wanted to do it - if the ride was meant to turn us toward the movie it would do it. This really was more of a separate project that happened to be inspired by Walt's time on location for filming a movie.

More to the point, I think it's fair to say that despite the current management's love of IP's they would NOT go to the trouble of building this attraction to promote a film from 1959 that most people don't remember.

Less to the point, part of me would have liked to see the Skyliner running through the Matterhorn behind World Showcase . . . though for a lot of reasons I suspect I need not get my hopes up.

nickys

Premium Member
Pretty sure the space restaurant is not being run by Disney ,I have no problem with the IP but I do not want all the rides to be IP based and just no to Matterhorn in Italy ,I hate that ride.A boat ride would be great if they ever decide to put a ride there.

It isn’t being run by Disney, you’re right. That wouldn’t stop them using an IP though.

ToTBellHop

The upcoming Spiderman ride
Spider-Nanny Ride CONFIRMED for United Kingdom Pavilion.

I had originally heard it would be Mary Poppins at Hogwarts, but I guess that changed.

Bocabear

It will have customized horses and seats, it will have to have a ridiculous level of redundant safety features, then there is show programming, music recording, writing, and production, If screens hold true, there will be animation to be done, writers and an army of technicians... I honestly understand how the prices get so high...I was just hoping for more than a carousel...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom