News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

TrojanUSC

Right?! The pictures look TERRIBLE.

I had high hopes for this place. Heck, if they just took the BBQ from Flame Tree and brought the exact same stuff over to Epcot, I wouldn't even care, but this looks downright awful.

Flame Tree is decent but will never understand the people who rave about the defrosted gross "BBQ" they serve at Fort Wilderness (Hoop Dee Doo ribs and the former Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The literal worst quality)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's so many places around to get great BBQ. I'm a bit surprised by the desire to get the Disneyfied version, especially in a park built around more exotic foods.

As much as I love a duck confit eaten on a garbage can in the beating Florida sun, or a fifty dollar table service with an exotic theme, sometimes you just want cheap fast food where you can eat it indoors in the A/C.

The_Jobu

As much as I love a duck confit eaten on a garbage can in the beating Florida sun, or a fifty dollar table service with an exotic theme, sometimes you just want cheap fast food where you can eat it indoors in the A/C.

Cheap? Are we talking about the same Epcot?

Epcot82Guy

I think I'm looking at this compared to the other WS locations. For Epcot, this sounds decent. Is there better BBQ? ABSOLUTELY. But, there's better dim sum (or even American Chinese for that matter), Japanese curry and sushi, French bakeries. But, it will at least put the American Adventure on a similar level and theme to Lotus Blossom, Les Halles, Katsura Grill, etc. IMHO. So, that's a win.

RSoxNo1

The menu looks good, they should have made this BBQ around the country for a while now. Here's hoping it's at least at the level of Flame Tree (not a condemnation of Flame Tree by any means).

ninjaprincesst

Im so disappointed I was hoping for real barbeque instead the only beef on the menu is a weird sounding sandwich, and tons of stupid pork and dry rubs. We have 5 barbeque places in town and the only pork on any of the menus is sausage. I don't know what Disney's obsession with pork is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom