Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disorbust

The problem with the insider info is the TDO is like herding cats. Most of the rumors do have a basis in fact somewhere in the company before they get changed or rejected. They reinvent the wheel alot which I hope gets better with Josh.

TrojanUSC

WOW! I can't even escape conspiracy theories while just trying to read what's new at Walt Disney World! Like the kid or not, plus the British guy many of you were dragging, it's shameful that bullying like this happens on a site like WDWMagic. He's a kid!

Considering he's 19 and just moved to Orlando to "professionally" vlog, he put himself in that position, asking for the attention, so no he's not a "kid."

His content and tone, originally, were very a nice change of pace from many of the more jaded bloggers out there. Positive and eager. However, in the last six months or so it seems he's gotten VERY full of himself. Whatever sliver of recognition he's found among park goers has gone to his head, so he tweets like the world's foremost expert on Disney - with blatantly wrong theories, ideas and, worst of all, "scoops." He has zero experience in the professional or corporate world, yet speaks with complete authority and it's become really, really obnoxious. One reading of his "bio" is enough to know what he thinks of himself.

Making matters worse is that instead of a typical readership who might push back on him or offer their own thoughts, his "fans" are so over-the-top positive with him - partially because he's young, partially because he's somewhat good looking - that they just nod and say "Great insight Brayden! Can we take a selfie together?"

My favorite so far was when he posted with total certainty the Skyliner would not reopen anytime soon and that Disney would be adding A/C units to each cabin. Myself and others told him that would not be the case, for a multitude of reasons. He was certain, his "insiders" told him so. He also told his followers that the reason there was no moving platform at the gondola stations was because Disney executives wanted to give themselves bigger bonuses. Forgoing the fact moving loading platforms on gondola system are not really a thing and that Disney opted for the more effective ADA loading spurs for just this reason, the fact he believed a company like Disney would compute bonuses for project managers and site executives based on a decision like that is an utter and total joke, which shows his age and complete immaturity to be speculating with certainty on such things.

The "rant" mentioned here is that he posted a rumor-as-fact that the castle would be painted "rose gold" for the 50th. When he got pushback, he stormed off and took to Twitter.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’m posting less info nowerdays partly since I have no desire to feed other sites. Or wannabes after 15 minutes of fame. Just as @trainplane3 said above.

I’m not someone else’s goldmine. Let them find out their own info. The sad thing is it seems if they can’t then they make it up or make educated guesses. And as has been said ad nauseum, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’ve been mostly quiet about this, but not any longer. Its a shame, but the kids are starting to ruin it for everyone else.

Which is a shame. Your historical knowledge is invaluable. And your videos, Disney should pay YOU a royalty to include as part of their marketing.

As the old adage states, this is why we can't have nice things. Everyone wants to monetize things nowadays.

The_Jobu

Which is a shame. Your historical knowledge is invaluable. And your videos, Disney should pay YOU a royalty to include as part of their marketing.

As the old adage states, this is why we can't have nice things. Everyone wants to monetize things nowadays.

You're right about his videos and knowledge, it's otherworldly.

Hey @TheRealBobIger any chance you could make Martin a park president if he promises to put a tie over his tank tops?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You're right about his videos and knowledge, it's otherworldly

Frankly, I think the Bobs should consider consulting with people like @marni1971, calling them Disney historians, and feature their work on the Disney Parks Blog. You want to see video of SpectroMagic? Here's Martin's retrospective.

Hey @TheRealBobIger any chance you could make Martin a park president if he promises to put a tie over his tank tops?

But then he wouldn't be Martin... 😁

MakDis

If you are interested in reading this thread and haven't started yet here's a quick synopsis from someone who has been away from the forums for a while.

1. Wow, this @Disnerd2003 is making some crazy claims! I must continue reading!
2. Please, please, please let some of these claims be true!
3. Hold up, this whole thing smells fishy.
4. WHY DID I JUST WASTE AND ENTIRE HOUR READING THIS GARBAGE FIRE

Don't waste your time here. Stick with the old and trusty @marni1971

Po'Rich

If you are interested in reading this thread and haven't started yet here's a quick synopsis from someone who has been away from the forums for a while.

1. Wow, this @Disnerd2003 is making some crazy claims! I must continue reading!
2. Please, please, please let some of these claims be true!
3. Hold up, this whole thing smells fishy.
4. WHY DID I JUST WASTE AND ENTIRE HOUR READING THIS GARBAGE FIRE

Don't waste your time here. Stick with the old and trusty @marni1971
This post should be moved to the START of the forum rather than 70 pages in. It would save a LOT of time.

Magic Feather

While I appreciate the enthusiasm of people like Brayden, my main issue is the increasing use of sensationalism in news (theme park or otherwise). Just to use Brayden as an example, a recent tweet of his reads, “We are 6 days away from the most consequential earnings report in the history of the Disney Parks. Will determine the scope of 50th anniversary and what plans get approved!”

Even @Disnerd2003 (based on his comments in this thread) know how misleading this statement is. For starters, this is far from the most consequential earning report in parks. Try when DL opened? When WDW opened? When Epcot opened? When overseas parks opened?
Secondly, an earnings report doesn’t dictate what decision will or won’t be made, they just give the public a bit of insight into the financial gears that make these decisions. It’s not like the people that would be approving budgets for future projects would wait until their company releases an earnings report before deciding what to do next. They already know when something is underperforming.
So, might I suggest something like this, next time: “In 6 days, the Disney Earnings Call will give valuable insight into what we can expect to be the pace of spending going into the 50th.” Sure it doesn’t have the same appeal, but it is much more informative.

TrojanUSC

While I appreciate the enthusiasm of people like Brayden, my main issue is the increasing use of sensationalism in news (theme park or otherwise). Just to use Brayden as an example, a recent tweet of his reads, “We are 6 days away from the most consequential earnings report in the history of the Disney Parks. Will determine the scope of 50th anniversary and what plans get approved!”

Even @Disnerd2003 (based on his comments in this thread) know how misleading this statement is. For starters, this is far from the most consequential earning report in parks. Try when DL opened? When WDW opened? When Epcot opened? When overseas parks opened?
Secondly, an earnings report doesn’t dictate what decision will or won’t be made, they just give the public a bit of insight into the financial gears that make these decisions. It’s not like the people that would be approving budgets for future projects would wait until their company releases an earnings report before deciding what to do next. They already know when something is underperforming.
So, might I suggest something like this, next time: “In 6 days, the Disney Earnings Call will give valuable insight into what we can expect to be the pace of spending going into the 50th.” Sure it doesn’t have the same appeal, but it is much more informative.

Exactly. This is the point I was trying to make earlier about him. He has zero idea how companies work yet speaks with near-certainty about it, like when he said they cut "moving loading platforms" from the gondola budgets so executives could "increase their bonuses." Like what? That's not even close two how executive salary/bonus packages work. So far from reality but most of his fans just ate it up and when a few called him on it, he refused to hear any opinions to the contrary.

Same thing with the earnings report. It's just now how things work. Dude needs to get back to offering his opinion and stop speaking like he's knows everything.

Sir_Cliff

This is more or less why I don't see how these Disney Parks news casts can be a viable longterm way for anyone to make money. Most weeks there just isn't much if any news and, if there is, these people aren't going to be leaked it to broadcast on their YouTube channel. So all they can do to keep people watching is latch onto any little nugget and try to make it seem more important than it is, or just make what they think are reasonable guesses Jim Hill-style.

To me, figuring out what you can offer that is perhaps unique and has some appeal is the key here. From what I've seen, Jack from DSNY at least seems to have a better attitude in acknowledging that he is essentially producing is a digest of rumours that have been discussed online for those who don't want to read through all the various forums. I can also understand why the tracker videos appeal to people who live far away from the parks and want a quick hit. Brayden seems to be taking a fake it till you make it attitude, presenting himself as someone with deep links and insights into the inner workings of Disney in the hope they'll materialise. I guess it has kind of worked for him until now, but the response to WDWmagic and its insiders who were a source he could use until "making it" suggests his arrogance at the first sign of success might get the better of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom