MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Why would they close? I know the restaurant situation is a strange one at DLP, but is it because of a lack of customers? Workers? Or something else?
Surprised to see Fuente del Oro and Cowboy Cookout both closed that leaves Frontierland very lacking however attendance in November is lower than October and December.

Hopefully we will see more registers open in the restaurants that are open. I know I was amazed to see all three bays open in Cafe Hyperion on a weekday in October!

Stevie Amsterdam

Surprised to see Fuente del Oro and Cowboy Cookout both closed that leaves Frontierland very lacking however attendance in November is lower than October and December.

Hopefully we will see more registers open in the restaurants that are open. I know I was amazed to see all three bays open in Cafe Hyperion on a weekday in October!
So you'd say it's an attendance issue? The reason I asked is that in my country (NL) there is a big shortage of restaurant and bar staff. Never before has the industry been so competitive to get good qualified workers. As a restaurant owner, I face great difficulties in finding - and keeping - experienced workers.

I was wondering if this is a typical Dutch thing, or a wider problem i.e. a European issue.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

DLP doubling down on closing restaurants next month:

This does not include restaurants closed during the work week.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I had lunch at Fuente del Oro a couple of weeks ago and it was slammed, with a ridiculously long wait for food.

Does attendance really fall that much off a cliff in November?

AndyS2992

Curiouser and curiouser.

I had lunch at Fuente del Oro a couple of weeks ago and it was slammed, with a ridiculously long wait for food.

Does attendance really fall that much off a cliff in November?
I go every November and it's usually quiet, though not that quiet to close a load of restaurants but last year the place was rammed with Spanish people for some reason and I expect this year won't be any different.

orlando678-

Would love some great photos of the Merlin's shop secret entrance to the dragon's lair. Any news on a new attraction coming to the park?
Theres a rumor of a Tangled flat ride coming to Fantasyland pretty soon, as well as a big e-ticket and a land tranformation(hoping its Discoveryland) coming to Disneyland Parc but nothings officially confirmed yet.

Sir_Cliff

Theres a rumor of a Tangled flat ride coming to Fantasyland pretty soon, as well as a big e-ticket and a land tranformation(hoping its Discoveryland) coming to Disneyland Parc but nothings officially confirmed yet.
Where does the rumour come from?

DLP seems to attract some very random rumours, and the idea of a land transformation at Disneyland Parc seems particularly odd to me. None of the lands need it.

Hiyumo

DLP seems to attract some very random rumours, and the idea of a land transformation at Disneyland Parc seems particularly odd to me. None of the lands need it.
Except discoveryland. Star tours and especially buzz lightyear astroblasters don't fit in the style of discoveryland. Which is kinda unfortunate, because Space Mountain and videopolis both have a beautifull façade.

Sir_Cliff

Except discoveryland. Star tours and especially buzz lightyear astroblasters don't fit in the style of discoveryland. Which is kinda unfortunate, because Space Mountain and videopolis both have a beautifull façade.
That clash honestly seems overplayed to me. Yes, the land doesn't have the aesthetic cohesiveness it once had, but the outer space thread that ties together at least Space, Orbitron, Buzz, and Star Tours still works, IMO. Certainly more so than the Tomorrowland theme in any of the US parks, which are also aesthetically far more of a mess.

I'm also not sure what they could do to Discoveryland that would make it more cohesive without bulldozing some of the park's most popular attractions or stripping away some of the most impressive theming in the park. If that is anywhere on their list of priorities, DLP needs new management... again.

orlando678-

Its been mentioned here on the wdwmagic news articles,disneyandmore.blogspot, and especially the land renovation and tangled flat ride was hinted at the official media expo.

orlando678-

For Discoveryland, I just hope they decide to give Toy Story Playland an e-ticket aka Midway Mania or Astro Blasters, so they can use that space for a more thematically fitting attraction at Disneyland Parc. Turn Space mountain back to its original version. Maybe add some dioramas to autopia or completely demolish it in favor of a new attraction. Philharmagic could easily be replaced by a more thematically fitting film and star tours would be fine as it is. Discoveryland was meant to be a showcase of visions for the future,George Lucas did have a futuristic vision when he created the star wars universe so thats fine, im just not sure if id want star tours there when the land opens at the studios. They might consider a re theme to e.g. journey to the center of the earth or even 20,000 leagues under the sea.

cjkeating

I'm not discrediting what you are saying however I believe I am normally quite up to speed with DLP rumours and the land transformation seems pretty out there.

Autopia is just finishing its EEP refurbishment, Buzz Light Year begins its refurbishment in the new year. Hyperspace Mountain ruins the cohesiveness of the land but that is purely a marketing initiative that is outstaying it's welcome. Star Tour was an original attraction and always designed to be part of Discoveryland, it is almost in its own sub-land behind Space Mountain.

The Tangled flat ride is rumoured to go by the lake in WDSP.

orlando678-

I'm not discrediting what you are saying however I believe I am normally quite up to speed with DLP rumours and the land transformation seems pretty out there.

Autopia is just finishing its EEP refurbishment, Buzz Light Year begins its refurbishment in the new year. Hyperspace Mountain ruins the cohesiveness of the land but that is purely a marketing initiative that is outstaying it's welcome. Star Tour was an original attraction and always designed to be part of Discoveryland, it is almost in its own sub-land behind Space Mountain.

The Tangled flat ride is rumoured to go by the lake in WDSP.
Oh I think you're right about the Tangled ride! My mistake..
I think there were some rumors of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway coming to the area between Its A Small World and Discoveryland, though i'm not entirely sure where that rumor came from.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At Disneyland Paris right now if anyone wants to know anything

I want to know... Will you ride Big Thunder twice, once for me and once for my wife? ;)

How does wearing a winter coat affect riding things with restraints like Space Mountain? Does anything close when it snows?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
How does wearing a winter coat affect riding things with restraints like Space Mountain? Does anything close when it snows?

I went in November 5 years ago, and I don't remember wearing a coat affecting how the restraints on any rides fit.

The bigger issue for me was that I bundled up to be outside, but as soon as I entered any ride, shop or restaurant I started sweating because they have the heat turned up (like AC at WDW) and there was no where to put my coat! It was the "shopping mall effect".

The trick for DLP in winter is layers. Most things to do are indoors. Waiting for the parade/fireworks and walking to-and-from the hotel was the longest I spent outside for any extended period of time.

AndyS2992

Would love some great photos of the Merlin's shop secret entrance to the dragon's lair. Any news on a new attraction coming to the park?
Not really secret as such, it’s a big archway at the back of the shop 🙂

Attachments

• 5BCEAA51-F81B-4425-BC9E-DF5B8DF5A8D9.jpeg
    5BCEAA51-F81B-4425-BC9E-DF5B8DF5A8D9.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 74

AndyS2992

I want to know... Will you ride Big Thunder twice, once for me and once for my wife? ;)

I’ve ridden it 5 times already, favourite ride in the resort :) At night is the best ;)

The only issue I’ve had so far is with RC Racer in the studios and I’m a big guy anyway but with my coat on I can’t get the restraint buckle to go in but if I take it off I can, but that’s about it really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom