MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Toni25

Just from searching about the Pocahontas Splash...I came across this french article:
https://www.hellodisneyland.com/act...sion-du-parc-disneyland-et-du-disney-village/

It talks about not only the new Pocahontas ride, but also about the expansion of Fantasyland:
-addition of The Little Mermaid ride and Belles Castle (be our guest restaurant copy from Disney World).

The article was published this April...and seems pretty genuine, it did not exaggerate with information and even shows photos of actual areas of the park where these rides..would naturally fit. Is this source credible/legit? Was this talked before? It feels like pretty big news to me.

AndyS2992

Just from searching about the Pocahontas Splash...I came across this french article:
https://www.hellodisneyland.com/act...sion-du-parc-disneyland-et-du-disney-village/

It talks about not only the new Pocahontas ride, but also about the expansion of Fantasyland:
-addition of The Little Mermaid ride and Belles Castle (be our guest restaurant copy from Disney World).

The article was published this April...and seems pretty genuine, it did not exaggerate with information and even shows photos of actual areas of the park where these rides..would naturally fit. Is this source credible/legit? Was this talked before? It feels like pretty big news to me.
No, it's not legit at all. Just mostly wishful thinking on their part. A Little Mermaid ride and Beauty and the Beast ride were originally planned for Fantasyland back in the 90s but scrapped due to Euro Disney's dire financial situation. The Paris Little Mermaid ride was nothing like the versions that appeared in Florida and California, the original Paris concept can be seen here:

You can see on this 1992 souvenir map where Mermaid and Beast were originally meant to go.
https://srv2.zoomable.ca/view.php?i=10237783054_710ecc03a1_o.tif#full
The space where Mermaid was supposed to go is now rumoured to be where a clone of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad is going to go. Paris was also supposed to get a clone of the Matterhorn Bobsleds to be situated behind the Meet Mickey building but that never happened either unfortunately, would have loved that. Jungle Cruise was also originally planned but due to the language barrier and other parks in Europe ripping it off they felt no need to build one.

As far as I'm aware, there has never been any plans for a Pocahontas ride. Phantom Manor Holiday is not a thing nor is Dunkin' Donuts coming to Disney Village, though yes Disney Village is supposedly getting completely overhauled in the future, that's about all that article gets right.

AndyS2992

So what's going on with the Nautilus? Closed August to October 1st, and then is closed again November 18th onwards.. seems odd

cjkeating

So what's going on with the Nautilus? Closed August to October 1st, and then is closed again November 18th onwards.. seems odd

I think I read on Twitter that there was a permit regarding the replacement of doors. As the attraction doesn't have any doors I would assume this is the emergency exits etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are doing a bit of a refurb as it has had small works going on in the last year like the replacement of carpets and the pavement around the entrance/exit, the turnstile at the exit was also missing on my last visit.

It is a shame as it is one of my favourites but we get this cool sign out of it.

IMG_3667.JPG
Credit ED92.

Last edited:

Den Carter

I visited WDW in September and I can't tell you how dated some of the rides felt compared to the DLP attractions that have had their 'Experience Enhancement Plan' refurbishments. IASW, Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion specifically.

I'm just back in the UK (this morning) from WDW, and the more time passes the more noticeable this is. I'm a Passholder at both WDW and DLP and the quality of DLP's attractions is so much more 'extra' at the moment, and the quality of their entertainment offerings has been improving exponentially. It wasn't always this way. DLP was a mess just four years ago. Goes to show what some TLC can do. Sadly I don't sense that investing in WDW (beyond the Epcot reimagining) is Disney's priority, despite the impending 50th 😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom