Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

Darkbeer1

Disney's priority is to have the attraction up and running for Opening Day, and be reliable.

So they will focus on operation, test and adjust, and having the state (DOSH) sign off on the attraction.

Then, and only then, depending on the date, will look at possible previews. Using CM's is the easiest way to do test and adjust, as the state will allow it prior to approving the ride.

Now, with the Christmas Season in full force, no way will Disney do something that impacts the parks operation. So more than likely, any type of preview would be in January, and of course, only if the attraction is at 100%

Phroobar

So I wonder if TDA will handle the first month this ride is open with traditional long queue lines or bring back the reservation system or just hope the for best and be under prepared.

Ismael Flores

So I wonder if TDA will handle the first month this ride is open with traditional long queue lines or bring back the reservation system or just hope the for best and be under prepared.

Lets hope they just open it and be prepared for lines, That whole reservation system seemed to backfire pretty bad. They could have had a big crowd opening the month of reservation and put up with that kind of news that would have faded fast. Instead all the focus was on the month after where the place turned into a ghost town

smooch

Lets hope they just open it and be prepared for lines, That whole reservation system seemed to backfire pretty bad. They could have had a big crowd opening the month of reservation and put up with that kind of news that would have faded fast. Instead all the focus was on the month after where the place turned into a ghost town

Exactly, I would imagine they would rather have headlines of people being lined up to Main Street waiting to ride RoTR instead of more reports of how empty the land is because people are too scared that they won't get a reservation to ride or think they are just unable to get one without paying / staying at a Disney hotel / etc.

britain

i know right! The last time an attraction of this magnitude (INDY) opened at DL we didn’t have to worry about this.

I know! Remember not having the vaguest idea about how Indy would work? I saw a brief snippet on the Super Bowl show which revealed how the jeep would bounce and shake independently of the track. That was all I knew going in. Heck, they fooled me into thinking there really were three paths to Mara!

Ah, to be young and uninformed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom