REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

You sure they aren’t back? @SWGalaxysEdge tweeted this out

Apparently they aren't?

BromBones

Yes, I understand.
But an entire menu of otherworldy names sounds like something that would require so much explaining and correcting.

You actually believed this land wouldn't still feel like Disney? LOL
I agree with you - that they fell well short of the promised immersion - and I don't believe they will ever come close to delivering it to us as promised.
But I always knew that it would feel like Disney.
Disney didn't fell short because some people couldn't handle it.
They fell short because they cut their entertainment budget.

No, I expected it to feel like Disney, but I expected that to be somewhat altered so as to better implement the immersion.
Something this big should not be scrimped on. That seems to be Disney's problem as of late.

In my opinion what they should have done is build an entirely new park dedicated to Star Wars with different lands and a number of new rides and attractions.
The area that is Star Wars land should have been used for some Marvel based rides that do not compromise the Marvel agreement with Universal. The Guardians of the Galaxy coaster would have fit there better that at Epcot.

But then again that would require a larger budget and it appears that Iger is more concerned with building parking garages and hotels for DVC members than he is improving the entertainment at the parks. Then they raise prices at the parks.
That is one of the many reasons the parks are losing money.

Incomudro

No, I expected it to feel like Disney, but I expected that to be somewhat altered so as to better implement the immersion.
Something this big should not be scrimped on. That seems to be Disney's problem as of late.

In my opinion what they should have done is build an entirely new park dedicated to Star Wars with different lands and a number of new rides and attractions.
The area that is Star Wars land should have been used for some Marvel based rides that do not compromise the Marvel agreement with Universal. The Guardians of the Galaxy coaster would have fit there better that at Epcot.

But then again that would require a larger budget and it appears that Iger is more concerned with building parking garages and hotels for DVC members than he is improving the entertainment at the parks. Then they raise prices at the parks.
That is one of the many reasons the parks are losing money.

I agree with your first and last paragraphs - not so much your second.
But, yeah I & III certainly.

Minthorne

I tried the dish formerly called braised shaak roast when I was there in September. I was good, albeit a bit salty, but the portion size was disappointing. Maybe 6 pieces of pasta and a very small serving of meat.

Just look at the variety of images online. All the while the price most likely increased...

becomes this

and then down further to this

Monorail_Orange

Go read their quarterly earnings report
I did, and I recall their being quite a sizable profit from the DPEP divison, not a loss. Granted, attendance was down a bit, but was offset by an increase in per guest spending, the net result being lower-than-projected profits...but profits nonetheless. Hence they are not operating at a loss, as your statement that the parks are losing money implies.

BromBones

I did, and I recall their being quite a sizable profit from the DPEP divison, not a loss. Granted, attendance was down a bit, but was offset by an increase in per guest spending, the net result being lower-than-projected profits...but profits nonetheless. Hence they are not operating at a loss, as your statement that the parks are losing money implies.

Well, If they project certain profits and make less than projected that means they are losing money doesn't it.
Yes it does. I didn't say they were going bankrupt...but they are losing money.

RSoxNo1

If only there was some sort of menu that could show both the on world and off world names. Can anyone think of a way to display both? I'm baffled but I'm sure Disney will come up with some sort of way to cycle through multiple images or pieces of text.

Can one of those NVIDIA graphics cards handle that tech?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom