Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
i am talking about the main entrance of Oga's that is wide open.

Is it like this?

Tom Morrow

You dont find the forest of industrial fans wierd? I agree with you on the timeline bit and i also agree with you on your location logic. My entire opinion is essentially HP lends itself FAR better to "a land" or what have you. Star wars is far harder to do right. But i think they could have done a smaller planet from movies. (I also agree with your city scape view) too flashy and ill suited. But endor or tatoonie or whatever the new movie planets are called could work? But than again i never knocked the look of the place. Its just the feel the giant fans drowning out any sounds that might be playing. (It seems ROTR que plays some comms audio) and thats better than the sound of fans. They really should suck it up and just play star wars music at entry even if they want to keep land void for some reason. Whatever music subtlety plays there now is just not powerful. On an Operational level they really made some mistakes too but thats a whole different angle.
My first visit was a day after opening day and I actually had the same complaint about the industrial fans everywhere and them drowning out all other noise. However, I believe most of them were there for the anticipated opening crowds and most have been removed or are not on. Since then, I have not noticed any noise from them and the ambient audio levels have been significantly increased.
you can easily make a land out of tatooine which i have described in detail ad nausem on this board many times so you are wrong.
oh ok

Joesixtoe

no where in galaxy's edge do you walk through a door that opens for you like it does in the movies. all the stores in galaxy's edge have open doors except Savi's because a cast member has to let you in and the falcon does does not count because it has for some reason a second door in the hallway that leads to the cockpitt. in the movies its the hallway then the cockpitt door not a second door then the cockpitt door. no where in the land do you walk up to a closed door and it opens up for you instantly just because you want to enter the building like mall doors do with a sensor. any closed door opens because of a cast member.
You said all of that with such confidence, I would have assumed you were right... IF you were right....

Mike S

um no. disney chose to set the land in their sequel trilogy era by choice. how dare you blame Mr. Ford.
I wasn’t talking about choice of timeline, I was talking about having Han in the ride. He was still alive during a point in the sequels. You really think Disney would’ve said no if he actually wanted to be part of anything to do with Star Wars?

Marc Davis Fan

I’ve had the opportunity to spend a good deal of time in GE recently, and have come to the following conclusions:

(1) The quality of the land’s design is among the very best at any theme park, anywhere. (I was lucky enough to visit DisneySea a few years ago, and this is right up there with those lands). They’ve taken everything they’ve learned/improved over the years and put it together - architecture, theatrical aging of exteriors, interior design, landscaping, rockwork...

(2) The emotional appeal of the land differs from most Disney environments. Generally, Disney considers emotional comfort/reassurance prominently in land design. This results in “human-scale” doors and windows, etc. They didn’t do so here, instead going in the opposite direction by making things oversized and foreboding, so it doesn’t have the ethereal sense of “Disney” that we have come to expect. I think this is the main reason it doesn’t “feel” right. Nonetheless, the quality is so incredible that it’s difficult to fault them for trying this new direction.

(3) THE attraction isn’t open. RotR was meant to be THE REASON to visit the land. Everything else was basically a supporting role. As has been said before, this is somewhat like opening Pandora without FoP, Cars Land without RSR, or Hogsmeade without FJ. We’re past the bygone era of theme parks being such a new concept that lands without their anchor attractions would be well-received on their own (e.g., NOS). This is undoubtedly the main issue with the land, and honestly the significance of opening the land without the main reason to visit the land cannot be overstated. They absolutely should have called the opening a “sneak preview.”

(4) The drones would have been amazing, and added the kinetic energy that’s currently lacking. It would have felt like a real spaceport, and the experience of standing in it all would have been truly unique in the theme park world. Let’s hope Disney adds this in before somebody else does it first. Hopefully the insiders can keep us posted on whether this is part of what they’re considering to add back in...

pdude81

Of course you can. And anyone who is not being a Disney apologist should be able to see that too. It really isn't as hard as some seem to want to make it out to be.
There is one major problem with Tatooine and that is it rains a LOT in Florida. If they weren't so stuck on making them nearly identical and you could have worked in Tatooine out west and the Forest Moon of Endor in Florida. Or if they absolutely had to put them in the newest Trilogy then Jaaku and Ahch-To but then the rides AND locations might have to be different. The horror!

Piebald

I’ve had the opportunity to spend a good deal of time in GE recently, and have come to the following conclusions:

(4) The drones would have been amazing, and added the kinetic energy that’s currently lacking. It would have felt like a real spaceport, and the experience of standing in it all would have been truly unique in the theme park world. Let’s hope Disney adds this in before somebody else does it first. Hopefully the insiders can keep us posted on whether this is part of what they’re considering to add back in...

In regards to this I dont like the idea of settling, however, I can buy the argument that this was a very bold idea even for Disney but the fact that the average guest at WDW is just short of neanderthal prevents them from really executing it.

However, the fact they cant just add jawas or some other aliens in lieu of droids is mind boggling and just shows them being cheap and careless.

While the characters currently available are cool, I think they need more than just 4 stormtroopers roaming around.

erasure fan1

There is one major problem with Tatooine and that is it rains a LOT in Florida. If they weren't so stuck on making them nearly identical and you could have worked in Tatooine out west and the Forest Moon of Endor in Florida. Or if they absolutely had to put them in the newest Trilogy then Jaaku and Ahch-To but then the rides AND locations might have to be different. The horror!
I get the rain aspect, but at some point common sense needs to take over. No one actually believes they went to space and aren't in Florida. I get the immersion aspect, but when push comes to shove, we are still in a theme park. The forest moon would have been good too. Bright tree village could have been part as well as a new first order base and resistance outpost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom