Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well thanks to Pengy and MaxEd...I just wasted a decent amount of time I won’t get back...great Garak pic though, Penguin...😂

I made it to page 21 before I had to stop...these stuck out to me:
No I got clearance to join the forum. They dont know this acct is mine though so I can post this. If they find out I'm for sure fired.
I've covered my tracks well
49*. Turning 50 soon. I made it clear earlier in the thread. I started as a custodian at 18, I moved to MK then to Epcot then to DHS as a ride operator, then to GMR tourguide, other roles, and eventually to leadership.
As stated before I'm using software called a VPN to disguise my IP address. They know I made an account they just don't know which one is mine. That's how I'm getting away with all of this.
I dont want anyone to worry. I wouldn't be doing this is I wasn't confident in my ability to hide it well enough to keep my job. Focus on sending your questions my way.
I cant answer that because if a boss is lurking they'll know. We have to ask to make ANY accounts to make sure stuff doesnt leak. I asked to use another site as cover.
@MisterPenguin Here you go.

What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
A new experience that is NOT a ride, but a show similar to what was before. The possible IP's being viewed are Wreck it Wrallh (almost scrapped by now), and newer ones based on the future. This project hasn't been entertained since early May.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
A show that will occur a few times a day.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
Not part of my decision making, not sure.

When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
Part of the 50th.

What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
An attraction similar to Peter Pan.

What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
Next spring/summer, no concrete date yet.

When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
Late Febuary

What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
Based on Batuu and Episode 9.

When will Space 220 open?
Next spring/summer, most likely May

What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
More Gondolas, but most likely not until 2024 or beyond.

What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
Based on past, present, and future technology and movies.

What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
No changes, upgraded technology.

What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"?
Not one on the horizon for many years, budget is going to Grand Floridian's refurb.

When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Most likely 2026. Between MK and GF as the ground isnt stable between Contempo and TTC.

Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
General upkeep around MK. It was a flawed idea from the start. I actually was part of the group that had it cancelled.

Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
Retheme is a no, electric vehicles is a maybe.

When is CoPs update going to start?
Before the 50th, most likely late next year.

Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
This was made up by fans and hasn't been mentioned to anyone here.

Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
No. MMRR is opening first. Ratatouille is later in the summer.

Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
VOTLM

Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
Rivers of Light is deemed to be fine as is.

When will Disney buy new monorails?
Quite a few years away, maybe a decade.

What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Classic Disney animation, like Tangled, Cinderella, Etc.

Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Not incredibles but expect an update.

Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
No.

When will they start building the SWL TSR?
Are you talking about Galactic Star Cruiser? Work has already begun.

What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
Not my dept. so I have no idea.

When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?
WDW's film is being upgraded to digital. Not for a few years.

None of these make sense...at all. There’s enough holes and missteps here to make a fine Swiss cheese.

But it’s a discussion board...nobody says you can’t be a nut.

But the ones who need to reconsider their place in life are those that are asking questions about things that don’t exist...grasping for new stuff to self soothe the money they’ve already decided they’ll dump in the swamp for years to come.

Shame.

Follow along here: Iger is going to run the place to cash out...not pay for “neat” stuff for the fans. Chapek is his hatchet man. Let this sink in.

So we had all the pre-disneycon hope...it mostly died. Now we are re-lighting that fire? “For the 50th”? Again?

Let’s not ask what’s “secretly” gonna be built for us? Let’s look at what we’re buying...right now.

Should have been doing this for years...it will work out better in the long run...I promise.

Last edited:

realBobChapek

Dear Santa Claus, I’ve been very good this year, can you please tell me about the massive price increases headed our way because of the dismal Q4 numbers. Also I want a pony.
You're on Chapek Claus' nice list this year, so I think I can make those price increases happen. But the pony will have to wait, it's not in the budget this year.

tl77

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, only because Disney has had some massive blunders this year... Disappointment23 like you said, Galaxy's Edge being kind of under whelming, Runaway Railway being delayed, The dust up with ***** over Tiki Room and Country Bears, Epcot Forever annoying the people it's supposed to appeal to, and then the Skyliner crashes 6 day in?

I can completely believe that someone who works for the Disney Company, and keeps a eye on these boards, felt the need to jump in and do some "Good P.R." right about now, and I really hope for their sake "Frozen 2", "Star Wars 9", and Disney+ go over well, because "Maleficent 2" bombed this weekend
Haha! Why was censored in my post? ...You people are crazy on this site, you only trust information that comes from some dude who edits home movies together and never knows anything "for sure" until a few days before it's announced by the Disney... that's because nobody knows anything "for sure" including Disney, until a few days before it's "announced" ...that's the whole point of making an announcement, they're telling people "we've finally come to a decision, and this is what that decision is..."

Entertainment Companies "leak" info online to see how people "react" to it... then make a decision based off the crowd reactions... it's the same reason they conduct surveys in the parks from time to time, to see how people react to "proposed ideas that they are trying to make a decision on"

If I was the Walt Disney company I wouldn't waste my time catering to the opinions of a bunch of obsessive compulsive, "know it alls" who want to try and feel superior by "shooting the messenger" and ignoring the message ...treat rumors like this as if they're surveys, don't waste your time playing Sherlock Holmes trying find the identity of the OP, because if it is a fake you just giving that person attention

If you want to see The Disneyland Main Street Electric Parade come back again for WDW's 50th, say "yes" or "no", "why" or "why not" ...and then go about you life

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Haha! Why was ************** censored in my post? ...You people are crazy on this site, you only trust information that comes from some dude who edits home movies together and never knows anything "for sure" until a few days before it's announced by the Disney... that's because nobody knows anything "for sure" including Disney, until a few days before it's "announced" ...that's the whole point of making an announcement, they're telling people "we've finally come to a decision, and this is what that decision is..."

Entertainment Companies "leak" info online to see how people "react" to it... then make a decision based off the crowd reactions... it's the same reason they conduct surveys in the parks from time to time, to see how people react to "proposed ideas that they are trying to make a decision on"

If I was the Walt Disney company I wouldn't waste my time catering to the opinions of a bunch of obsessive compulsive, "know it alls" who want to try and feel superior by "shooting the messenger" and ignoring the message ...treat rumors like this as if they're surveys, don't waste your time playing Sherlock Holmes trying find the identity of the OP, because if it is a fake you just giving that person attention

If you want to see The Disneyland Main Street Electric Parade come back again for WDW's 50th, say "yes" or "no", "why" or "why not" ...and then go about you life

Perhaps it would be better if you censored yourself a bit more.

IMDREW

For me the 50th will only be worth a special, long and expensive visit if there would be a brand new nighttime parade. For all the other rumoured offerings I could postpone a trip a few years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Haha! Why was ************** censored in my post? ...You people are crazy on this site, you only trust information that comes from some dude who edits home movies together and never knows anything "for sure" until a few days before it's announced by the Disney... that's because nobody knows anything "for sure" including Disney, until a few days before it's "announced" ...that's the whole point of making an announcement, they're telling people "we've finally come to a decision, and this is what that decision is..."

Ouch, Baby...
There’s a lot to take in here...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can I start another thread and just answer people's questions using only information from @MisterPenguin 's rumor tracker?
didn’t we get that rehashed here already? Mixed in with a bunch of hunches that will never be remembered?
Tom's page in banned here. Tom's a gaslighter, liar and a complete tool among other reasons.
As opposed to Encyclopedia Brittanica types that dance the nuance line here, Dis and a dozen other places?

To each their own...some like blackjack, some craps.

_caleb

Things I’ve learned from this thread:
–Folks here are desperate for “insider“ info about Disney parks
–It doesn’t take much to convince people you’re an insider
–Some posters here seem to have dual personalities
–Some people really love parades and firework shows
–Jargon and acronyms are key to Disney fandom
–This sort of AMA is exactly what Disney should have been doing for the last 10 years

DreamfinderGuy

Something I’ve heard many conflicting reports about; What is the future of Cranium Command? I’ve heard so many different stories about what they intend to do with the space that I can’t draw a concise rumor. Clearly it isn’t reopening or something absurd like that, but is it staying abandoned? Being utilized for Play? Being utilized for other things? Anything at all?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something I’ve heard many conflicting reports about; What is the future of Cranium Command? I’ve heard so many different stories about what they intend to do with the space that I can’t draw a concise rumor. Clearly it isn’t reopening or something absurd like that, but is it staying abandoned? Being utilized for Play? Being utilized for other things? Anything at all?
It’s gone...that pavilion has been used as convention space for years

shernernum

OFF TOPIC STORY ALERT:
I had friends who had a cousin who wanted their ashes spread on Disney property, but those entrusted with the ashes were not too familiar with the ins and outs of WDW. They knew that the person had liked to stay at Wilderness Lodge and when they were in the lobby, they saw the nice "stream" that ran through the facility. They decided that would be a good place to surreptitiously dump the ashes. Imagine their surprise when they left to go to the boat dock and realized that the "stream" ran into what was, at the time, a very crowded resort pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom