Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, this is a brand new account so I know no one will take this post very serious. I do have another account on this forum that I have posted some verified things on, so if a forum moderator wants to PM me so I can let them know who I am for verification, feel free.

I hope you're using a ""VPN program"".

;)

While you're here, could you answer all the other questions asked, including the ones answered "it's a secret" by the person who came here to anonymously reveal secrets.

WDW Pro

This entire thread is a farce, it's filled with false information, there has never been a report on anyone's desk about crowd levels for Spectro versus MSEP, there was no 2016 decision to bring MSEP to TDO, bringing parades cross country doesn't damage them irreparably, etc, etc. I knew the language didn't reveal someone who had any experience within the company, but had to wait to verify all of this is bunk. Furthermore, the idea there is a clearance process for posting on forums is laughable.

realBobChapek

As Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman, I'm required to stay neutral. However, I do think this whole saga is similar to that hmmmmMmmmmm guy a few months back. Something smells fishy and it isn't that stale tuna the boss left in his office over the weekend.

Disneyson

This entire thread is a farce, it's filled with false information, there has never been a report on anyone's desk about crowd levels for Spectro versus MSEP, there was no 2016 decision to bring MSEP to TDO, bringing parades cross country doesn't damage them irreparably, etc, etc. I knew the language didn't reveal someone who had any experience within the company, but had to wait to verify all of this is bunk. Furthermore, the idea there is a clearance process for posting on forums is laughable.

But... I’m kinda having fun...! Also, this is kinda a snake-eating-it’s-own-tail thing, huh? Now people will want you to prove yourself... and it goes in a circle until this thread is trash. I wouldn’t want this thread to go to trash, it’s been one of the few fun and positive threads here.

LiterallyNobody

I hope you're using a ""VPN program"".

;)

While you're here, could you answer all the other questions asked, including the ones answered "it's a secret" by the person who came here to anonymously reveal secrets.

Unfortunately, no. As I mentioned before, I do not work for Disney. I work for a vendor that Disney uses for a lot of projects. So the only information I can give is on projects we are involved in or have bid on. That said, I do have close ties to quite a few people that do work at Disney. But they don't freely go around telling people of all the secret projects that are being worked on. I can explain exactly where the information I provided comes from.

Parade Floats - We directly bid on this two years ago. We did not win the bid, but I still have the autocad files on my computer for the new parade floats.

MK Theater - We were sent a request for bid on parts of this project. It was then withdrawn and we were told the project was cancelled. When I asked around I was told it was for logistical reasons and surveys indicated people were not too thrilled about the idea, especially of having to spend more for a show. I was told that while this will not happen in MK, the idea may be resurrected somewhere else on property.

Cruise ship projection - I am close friends with someone that works on the park projection mapping systems. He was on the cruise specifically for the testing. I met up with him yesterday at Epcot, he told me about it.

Adventurers Club - I am a huge fan of the Adventures Club (Kungaloosh!). I ask all the time, now more jokingly, to my friends that DO work for Disney when it's coming back. I have been told that is the only club from Pleasure Island that people really want to see come back.

wdwtopten

There's an update to Gran Fiesta but it's quite a few years down the line. No "new" dark rides besides Mary Poppins unfortunately. Had the AK addition gone the way 8 wanted it to it wouldve been a dark boat ride.

Who/what is "8"?

I agree... Disney Springs is now considered family friendly.. There is another "pink bird" area coming soon that is outside WDW proper coming soon... Lets see what happens...

What is "pink bird"?

Magic Feather

Whenever somebody talks about Flamingo Crossings being the next Disney Springs, I can’t help but cringe. It is going to be much more utilitarian. With the exception of DCP Transtar Buses of Doom, and any shuttles that 3rd party hotels in the area run, I would be shocked to see an official Disney bus, carrying resort guests, ever make its way to Flamingo Crossings.

TTA94

When will we get more news about Minnies Wonderful Christmastime?

Hopefully Minnies Wonderful Christmastime is really “Wonderful” and a worthy replacement to Holiday Wishes... especially soundtrack wise. Not So Spooky Spectaculars soundtrack sucks compared to Hallowishes.

Mickeyboof

I can actually answer this one.

Logistics wise, it was a terrible place for it. Cost wise, unless there was an upcharge it would lose money. Since upcharging after you pay a ton to get into the park is frowned upon in WDW (not so much in DL) it was cancelled.

The idea isn't TOTALLY dead, just not gonna happen in a park.

...what? Disneyland barley has uncharges...

WDW is a pay-to-play model.

That’s just nonsense that Disneyland has more uncharges, and WDW frowns upon uncharges.

The WDW dry cupcake parties cost about a ticket price.

You can barley be in a WDW park past 9pm without an upcharge.

MaximumEd

I’m using a VPN. Guess that means I know stuff. Will be at WDW in March. I’ll make a list of all these questions and ask every front line CM and bus driver I see and report back. I’ll also record Epcot Forever on my iPhone 6. I’m gunning for you Marni. 😂

wdwfan22

Whenever somebody talks about Flamingo Crossings being the next Disney Springs, I can’t help but cringe. It is going to be much more utilitarian. With the exception of DCP Transtar Buses of Doom, and any shuttles that 3rd party hotels in the area run, I would be shocked to see an official Disney bus, carrying resort guests, ever make its way to Flamingo Crossings.
You are so right. Flamingo crossing is like crossroads. Disney will never transport Guests there, that would be like providing busses to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom