Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're most cetainly welcome. From January 1st 2021 to December 31st 2022

Glad to see they're moving up the timeline...

I heard May 2021 to 12/31/22 was considered. I’m sure there are many complexities to nailing down a date. But the announced projects can all complete by then. I expect the announced projects with one more at Epcot, an impressive entertainment package at all four parks, and a surprising number of significant ride refurbishments. What more could one ask for?

Thanks for letting us know that WDW really has its act together WRT the 50th!!

Last edited:

realBobChapek

You aren't aware of yourself? :hilarious:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
TO CLEAR THE AIR
Who says all of my history is true? Getting away with this is about deceit and disguise. It is true I've had ties to GMR. I've lied about the majority of my past to throw them off. All that you need to know is I'm in leadership here and I'm pretty much a veteran (around 30 years I'm not going to be specific). Keeping the backstory changing is part of the confusion

Found your employee ID photo...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Also my past post history was created by me setting up for this. I wanted to create a "misinformed CM" feel.

You're a genius! These fake "just a CM" and "clueless" posts are truly monumental tributes to what a clueless CM is all about. You had us fooled for weeks and weeks!!!

At this point we need Magic Kingdom 2 because we're running out of space to put things in. Save the last few expansion lots in MK for truly special, original experiences that made Disney famous, (PoTC, Peter Pan, stuff like that), then stuff like Tron could go in the 5th gate (MK2). The imagineers could craft a semi decent story and Bob Iger/Chapek's IP driven desires would be fullfilled.
Hey! I'm a CM who just transferred back to MK to work the Halloween Parties. The last time I did this was 2003. Back then, the Headless Horseman used to fly down main street and the rest of the parade route so fast the horseshoes would spark. Such a spectacle to see. When I got back to working it last night, I saw that hes going SUPER slow now. Why? Upon further investigation all videos I find after 2003 have him slowed down. Why did they calm him down?

Disneyson

First off - if I was to become suspicious of any accounts, the people I’d watch out for are those attacking @Disnerd2003 . If our soure gives out too much inappropriately specific info, they would be instantly shut down. I think a very smart tactic a Disney PR person could use would be to try and discredit our source, and then absolutely FLOOD three or four pages with detritus proving their veracity. That would make a lot of people less eager to follow the thread, which is probably what some of the higher-up people would want.

My suggestion? Disnerd is literally asking us if we have any questions. I would take advantage. Even if we have our doubts, this is where our message board gets exciting, and becomes less about the sad new developments about dumbing down SW:GE food, flame wars about Marvel theme park rights, and armchair imagineering.

So... let’s see what we’ve learned so far...

Disney Business

Bob Chapek seems to be Iger’s successor...
The 50th Celebration:

• Will be focused on nostalgia, as it is cheaper to renew the old rather than create new experiences.
Magic Kingdom

50th Anniversary Light Parade:

• As PTN is so expensive and TDO isn’t getting returns on SWL, the plan is to refresh MSEP with two new floats: one with a Classics (50s-60s) theme, the other with a Renaissance/Modern theme (1990-Present). Will be announced at Destination D. Could arrive by Spring 2021.
50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular:

• Will be heavily influenced by Disneyland Forever’s opening sequence and it’s use on projection surfaces throughout the park. Expect projection on buildings seen from the HUB, as well as a motif that is scientifically designed to make fanbois cry (i.e. “The place that you’re standing right now used to be an expanse of swampland, a location many thought couldn’t be used for anything. It was with the dreams and the drive of one man that six magical realms appeared....”), followed by a medley of modern and classic Disney segments, with a little bit of “Wishes” and “HEA” connective tissue thrown in to make it extra-sappy.
50th Daytime Parade:

• People love FoF, it won’t go away, but depending on new releases it may get some new characters.
Space Mountain:

• 2-year refurb after Tron opens to sop up the coaster junkies. Will be a total refurb.
BTMRR:

• High possibility of an “Explosive” finale, as well as a full track replacement.
Spectromagic Return:

• Slim margin of possibility, with a possible Figment overlay.
Epcot

HarmoniUS:

• Will be similar in tone to Epcot Forever, weaving IP in with Classic Epcot. Segments focusing on different Showcase Countries, as well as fountains, kites, fire, drones and “a lot more”.
Imagination!:

• There’s something good on the horizon...
World Showcase Characters:

• Marie returns!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Parade:

• Could there possibly be a Toy Story/Pixar/Hollywood Studios IP-based parade coming soon? Based on an offhand comment about a Toy Story Parade.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

New Attraction....?!

QUESTIONS:
  • If the 50th will focus on nostalgia, should we expect updates for other nostalgic attractions? Let me throw some specifics out there: Updates to the finale of CoP, Hatbox, characters in IASW? Will this extend to other parks - I.e. Figment update, American Adventure history update, updates to Living With The Land, Tower of Terror Drop Sequences, RnRC retheme, etc...

• Does BTMRR count as a 50th item?

• Will there be “50 Magical Enhancements” for the 50th Anniversary, or 40 if you take away food and retail experiences? In other words, is this still the concept?

• Are the two new units Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent Synergy, ability to use the Aurora dress tech from Magic Happens) and a Little Mermaid/Moana Mashup (Both have live action/sequels, can be mashed onto a single float)?

• Will the remaining 3 parks be receiving a daytime parade, seeing that FoF will be staying? And does this have anything to do with a Spector return or the referenced “Toy Story” parade?

• Will Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Eric’s Castle be used as projection surfaces for the fireworks spectacular? Or will there be focus on the gateways to each land? How will the area clear around areas like Splash between MSEP and Fireworks viewing?

• If Spectromagic returned, would it be in the re-created World Celebration area of Epcot, hosted by Figment?

• Do you know anything specific about how HarmoniUS will be divided? By country, theme, or something else? And, if Spectro goes to Epcot, will Figment host this show too ala Jiminy Cricket?

• While it is obvious that the the new “Journey” in Animal Kingdom will be based on an existing IP, where will the expansion take place? Africa (Wakanda, Tarzan), Asia (The Jungle Book, Zootopia), or Dinoland (Indy, South America)...? Or perhaps Pandora’s getting their coaster?

Last edited:

TTA94

The idea of SpectroMagic at Epcot or any other nighttime light parade there sounds absolutely absurd. Plus our source @marni1971 already said Tapestry of Nations can not return due to the state of World Showcase.

Now a light parade at DHS? That I would believe. PTN would be a great fit for there as it is for DCA.
Especially if anything were to happen to F!.... one can only hope that’s next for a major overhaul.

Last edited:

Mrtko

I don't know the cost of fixing the Yeti but a working or revamped Yeti would absolutely drive AK attendance. When I rode EE when it was over I said "What Yeti?" This is just my opinion not based in fact but fixing something should be cheaper than building something new and this fix would be a huge positive move. I really don't get the resistance to making this happen.

Also @Disnerd2003 will the new splash mountain remove all references to Song of the South?

GymLeaderPhil

I’d like to throw my hat into the ring and recommend consuming a lot of sodium heavy foods before taking what the OP has claimed to heart.

There’s no “clearance policy” at TWDC unless we’re talking broad terms of being terminated or still employed. Huge red flag.

Very few are well versed in the characters in the fan community, much less name dropping someone like Tom Corless. Unless it’s your job to manage the influencers, someone in a high position at TWDC wouldn’t invest the time to give a damn about a super small subsection of fans. Fewer still spend their free time talking about work.

In my opinion your openness overall that you “wOrK fOr dIsNeY” and have been fighting for approvals to “the boss” screams that you want us to validate you as someone with authority. TWDC doesn’t operate that way. The veracity and frequency of your posts is super sketchy.

TeriofTerror

I don't know the cost of fixing the Yeti but a working or revamped Yeti would absolutely drive AK attendance. When I rode EE when it was over I said "What Yeti?" This is just my opinion not based in fact but fixing something should be cheaper than building something new and this fix would be a huge positive move. I really don't get the resistance to making this happen.

Also @Disnerd2003 will the new splash mountain remove all references to Song of the South?
This reminds me: the podcast "You Must Remember This" is about to launch a series on Song of the South. This could be very interesting as I generally find her information to be informative and well researched, but she has also seemed to have an axe to grind regarding Walt Disney.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Very few are well versed in the characters in the fan community, much less name dropping someone like Tom Corless. Unless it’s your job to manage the influencers, someone in a high position at TWDC wouldn’t invest the time to give a damn about a super small subsection of fans.
How do you think we find out about what people are on to? We monitor W D W N T (I dont know why it was blurred) heavily and PR had a meltdown over that "who we are at W D W N T". Manaagement knows of him. Pretty much everyone in the Disney Company in the parks division knows about him.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
This reminds me: the podcast "You Must Remember This" is about to launch a series on Song of the South. This could be very interesting as I generally find her information to be informative and well researched, but she has also seemed to have an axe to grind regarding Walt Disney.
No new Splash Mountain.
I would like to ask if we should expect any more "rethemes" at Disneyland or WDW in the next decade or so. Example being Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT!®
If it's up to me, no. If it's up to you, then I'd count on it. You didn't listen to me yesterday so let's see how today goes.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
You're a genius! These fake "just a CM" and "clueless" posts are truly monumental tributes to what a clueless CM is all about. You had us fooled for weeks and weeks!!!
The one about the 2nd Magic Kingdom was really me insulting and mocking Bob if you read it carefully. The Halloween one actually had cryptic meaning. I was trying to pretend to be a clueless CM, when in reality, I knew the answer and was curious to see what the public thought. Halloween, costumes, headless (no identity), etc. You see?

Last edited:

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
First off - if I was to become suspicious of any accounts, the people I’d watch out for are those attacking @Disnerd2003 . If our soure gives out too much inappropriately specific info, they would be instantly shut down. I think a very smart tactic a Disney PR person could use would be to try and discredit our source, and then absolutely FLOOD three or four pages with detritus proving their veracity. That would make a lot of people less eager to follow the thread, which is probably what some of the higher-up people would want.

My suggestion? Disnerd is literally asking us if we have any questions. I would take advantage. Even if we have our doubts, this is where our message board gets exciting, and becomes less about the sad new developments about dumbing down SW:GE food, flame wars about Marvel theme park rights, and armchair imagineering.

So... let’s see what we’ve learned so far...

Disney Business

Bob Chapek seems to be Iger’s successor...
The 50th Celebration:

• Will be focused on nostalgia, as it is cheaper to renew the old rather than create new experiences.
Magic Kingdom

50th Anniversary Light Parade:

• As PTN is so expensive and TDO isn’t getting returns on SWL, the plan is to refresh MSEP with two new floats: one with a Classics (50s-60s) theme, the other with a Renaissance/Modern theme (1990-Present). Will be announced at Destination D. Could arrive by Spring 2021.
50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular:

• Will be heavily influenced by Disneyland Forever’s opening sequence and it’s use on projection surfaces throughout the park. Expect projection on buildings seen from the HUB, as well as a motif that is scientifically designed to make fanbois cry (i.e. “The place that you’re standing right now used to be an expanse of swampland, a location many thought couldn’t be used for anything. It was with the dreams and the drive of one man that six magical realms appeared....”), followed by a medley of modern and classic Disney segments, with a little bit of “Wishes” and “HEA” connective tissue thrown in to make it extra-sappy.
50th Daytime Parade:

• People love FoF, it won’t go away, but depending on new releases it may get some new characters.
Space Mountain:

• 2-year refurb after Tron opens to sop up the coaster junkies. Will be a total refurb.
BTMRR:

• High possibility of an “Explosive” finale, as well as a full track replacement.
Spectromagic Return:

• Slim margin of possibility, with a possible Figment overlay.
Epcot

HarmoniUS:

• Will be similar in tone to Epcot Forever, weaving IP in with Classic Epcot. Segments focusing on different Showcase Countries, as well as fountains, kites, fire, drones and “a lot more”.
Imagination!:

• There’s something good on the horizon...
World Showcase Characters:

• Marie returns!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Parade:

• Could there possibly be a Toy Story/Pixar/Hollywood Studios IP-based parade coming soon? Based on an offhand comment about a Toy Story Parade.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

New Attraction....?!

QUESTIONS:
  • If the 50th will focus on nostalgia, should we expect updates for other nostalgic attractions? Let me throw some specifics out there: Updates to the finale of CoP, Hatbox, characters in IASW? Will this extend to other parks - I.e. Figment update, American Adventure history update, updates to Living With The Land, Tower of Terror Drop Sequences, RnRC retheme, etc...

• Does BTMRR count as a 50th item?

• Will there be “50 Magical Enhancements” for the 50th Anniversary, or 40 if you take away food and retail experiences? In other words, is this still the concept?

• Are the two new units Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent Synergy, ability to use the Aurora dress tech from Magic Happens) and a Little Mermaid/Moana Mashup (Both have live action/sequels, can be mashed onto a single float)?

• Will the remaining 3 parks be receiving a daytime parade, seeing that FoF will be staying? And does this have anything to do with a Spector return or the referenced “Toy Story” parade?

• Will Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Eric’s Castle be used as projection surfaces for the fireworks spectacular? Or will there be focus on the gateways to each land? How will the area clear around areas like Splash between MSEP and Fireworks viewing?

• If Spectromagic returned, would it be in the re-created World Celebration area of Epcot, hosted by Figment?

• Do you know anything specific about how HarmoniUS will be divided? By country, theme, or something else? And, if Spectro goes to Epcot, will Figment host this show too ala Jiminy Cricket?
THIS! Also I do not want you around me @realBobChapek or I may do something that will send me to jail.

Updates to the finale of CoP-YES

Hatbox- Unsure

characters in IASW-No

I.e. Figment update, American Adventure history update, updates to Living With The Land, Tower of Terror Drop Sequences, RnRC retheme, etc...-Later but not for the 50th.

Does BTMRR count as a 50th item?- Sort of

Will there be “50 Magical Enhancements” for the 50th Anniversary, or 40 if you take away food and retail experiences? In other words, is this still the concept?- A sort of messed up version of this idea thanks to @realBobChapek .

Are the two new units Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent Synergy, ability to use the Aurora dress tech from Magic Happens) and a Little Mermaid/Moana Mashup (Both have live action/sequels, can be mashed onto a single float)? - No Comment

Will the remaining 3 parks be receiving a daytime parade, seeing that FoF will be staying? And does this have anything to do with a Spector return or the referenced “Toy Story” parade?- Possibly. It's been thrown out there.

Do you know anything specific about how HarmoniUS will be divided? By country, theme, or something else? - Yes, by country and their respective Disney movie.

if Spectro goes to Epcot, will Figment host this show too ala Jiminy Cricket?- Spectro isnt going to epcot.

Last edited:

Jwhee

THIS! Also I do not want you around me @realBobChapek or I may do something that will send me to jail.

Updates to the finale of CoP-YES

Hatbox- Unsure

characters in IASW-No

I.e. Figment update, American Adventure history update, updates to Living With The Land, Tower of Terror Drop Sequences, RnRC retheme, etc...-Later but not for the 50th.

Does BTMRR count as a 50th item?- Sort of

Will there be “50 Magical Enhancements” for the 50th Anniversary, or 40 if you take away food and retail experiences? In other words, is this still the concept?- A sort of messed up version of this idea thanks to @realBobChapek .

Are the two new units Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent Synergy, ability to use the Aurora dress tech from Magic Happens) and a Little Mermaid/Moana Mashup (Both have live action/sequels, can be mashed onto a single float)? - No Comment

Will the remaining 3 parks be receiving a daytime parade, seeing that FoF will be staying? And does this have anything to do with a Spector return or the referenced “Toy Story” parade?- Possibly. It's been thrown out there.

Do you know anything specific about how HarmoniUS will be divided? By country, theme, or something else? - Yes, by country and their respective Disney movie.

if Spectro goes to Epcot, will Figment host this show too ala Jiminy Cricket?- Spectro isnt going to epcot.

Do the other 3 parks still have backstage facilities capable of housing parades? I’d assume DHS and DAK do, but it’s been a long time since the best parade ever created was performed at Epcot..

would love for a Tapestry return

ToTBellHop

They want nearly 2 full years. Starting it on the beginning of the year was @realBobChapek 's idea.
He’s full of....great ideas. I’m sure by day 731 of the Most-Biggerest Celebration on Earth, it won’t have lost its impact on the public. He better start welding TRON together himself so they can magically close Space Mtn for the entire celebration. Nothing is more nostalgic than a closed 46-year old ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom