Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

If this guy has some hidden agenda, I think there's better ways to go about being sneaky in an online forum than "I work in leadership at TDO, AMA"
And if this guy's agenda is to create more ill will toward Chapek (which he has openly already dissed a few times) then more power to him.
The guy is talking up parade floats and you're concerned. Seems silly, but that's just me

Well to be fair wdwmagic is the premier audiance. Not of us normies but this site has some of the most powerful and knowledgeable insiders across the board. If you wanted to reach out in the fan community this is the creme.

matt9112

Theres a highly likely chance. The track is most likely being replaced too.

What about that space mountain track? You guys going to ever get around to that. You all "meaning all of you leadership types" understand your a multi billion dollar company right?

brb1006

I shall now do my traditional parade post. I hope this is true. MSEP is the Greatest Parade ever. (Not that that means there can't be a better one in the future if someone would spend the money). It is FAR superior to Spectro. Why? Because of the music. Spectro's music is a WALTZ. That is Not parade music. MSEP is more peppy and more appropriate for a parade. I am glad we are getting any parade at this point, having gone without for a while. And as I have stated before, which parade you prefer probably depends on which one you saw first. For me, that's MSEP. For many of you younger folks, that was Spectro. If they are looking for the nostalgia crowd, MSEP works for me.
But MSEP is almost 50 years old and should stay at DL where it belongs.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
50th anniversary blah blah blah, dish it OUT about Figment PLEASE
Soon. It's going to be quite the announcement.
I'm guessing there are multiple levels of truth and subterfuge here. The unimportant details could be wrong without changing the overall narrative.

That said, at least it's **interesting**.

My biggest question is why they would let Spectromagic get destroyed in the first place? I've been back in the boneyard behind MK, and with just the stuff *I* saw back there, you'd think they'd have found somewhere to keep it in at least reparable condition.
It rotted in the sun under small walmart beach tents. It was bad. We had 5 other parades housed here at the time and it wasnt given priority. For what reason I will never understand.
@Disnerd2003 Can you tell us what to expect with about Harmonius? When we can expect it to debut? What we will see visually? Fountains? Drones?

Also will fountains be added at MK as part of HEAs replacement?
Imagine Epcot forever mixed with IP's and the countries. Sounds like a wreck but it will work. Kites, fountains, fire, drones, and a lot more to be revealed soon.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
What about that space mountain track? You guys going to ever get around to that. You all "meaning all of you leadership types" understand your a multi billion dollar company right?
Yes. We all go to the boss with ideas and he decides what order they get approved or dropped in. It will be after Tron opens. A 2 year refurbishment will update EVERY SQUARE INCH of the ride. I'm proud to say this was partially thanks to me.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
I’m of the mindset the information is correct, but the story of working at TDO is wrong. He’s already revealed enough details for any press person to find out who he is. He’s a cast member who has a history at the GMR and has worked at two other parks. That narrows it down significantly. Then he’s openly stated his age. Now the pr team would be looking for a 49 year-old who worked front lines and worked up the ranks to management. With specific attractions listed, it makes the task far more palatable. He mentions that he requested the right to post on message boards/social media in the last year. That would be on file. He has referenced that he is currently helping to bring the MSEP parade to Florida. That’s another identifier- only a handful of people would be on that team. He’s also mentioned walking out of specific meetings- meetings that most likely had a roster. While I don’t think Disney employs a detective agency, it would take someone 15 minutes to parse through some databases to find out who this guy is.
TO CLEAR THE AIR
Who says all of my history is true? Getting away with this is about deceit and disguise. It is true I've had ties to GMR. I've lied about the majority of my past to throw them off. All that you need to know is I'm in leadership here and I'm pretty much a veteran (around 30 years I'm not going to be specific). Keeping the backstory changing is part of the confusion. Also my past post history was created by me setting up for this. I wanted to create a "misinformed CM" feel. I asked to post on a site that may or may not have been this. My age could he a bit different than i stated (higher or lower). Also the team responsible for MSEP is pretty much the entire 200+ person parks management department in Florida alone. Anaheim also has a 300+ person parks team. It's all about covering your tracks and I've done it well.

Last edited:

TOCPE82

It rotted in the sun under small walmart beach tents. It was bad. We had 5 other parades housed here at the time and it wasnt given priority. For what reason I will never understand.

This still makes me ill. $4 for a soda and the best they can do is cheap tents? For a valuable asset?

What other parades were housed there at the time?

TO CLEAR THE AIR
Who says all of my history is true? Getting away with this is about deceit and disguise. It is true I've had ties to GMR. I've lied about the majority of my past to throw them off. All that you need to know is I'm in leadership here and I'm pretty much a veteran (around 30 years I'm not going to be specific). Keeping the backstory changing is part of the confusion. Also my past post history was created by me setting up for this. I wanted to create a "misinformed CM" feel. I asked to post on a site that may or may not have been this. My age could he a bit different than i stated (higher or lower). Also the team responsible for MSEP is pretty much the entire 200+ person parks management department in Florida alone. Anaheim also has a 300+ person parks team. It's all about covering your tracks and I've done it well.
Bingo. Very smart.

DDLand

Animal Kingdom and journey... Disney is kind of clone obsessed atm so journey to the center of the earth?
If Joe Rohde and the DAK team manage to finesse Journey to the Center of the Earth... I almost don’t want to dream of that. That attraction would be a beautiful thematic addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The hubris of man cutting into the Earth to harness its power. The Earth literally striking back with anger and energy. Captain Nemo represents reason and order. His methodical way of approaching exploration and science is turned terribly terribly wrong as the Earth‘s natural unpredictability puts everything into jeopardy.

While it has thrill elements, JCE is not a thrill ride. It’s a psychological thriller. Little by little it’s revealed that something is not right. Then everything falls apart in the climax!

A slightly modified subs attraction would be a great indoor addition and family ride. If only! I would be a little sad if this didn’t include more wildlife. DAK always can use more animals!

My immediate response was to search Disney movies with the word “journey” in the title. That didn’t turn up much, but I remain skeptical Disney would approve such a tasteful thing.
Who says all of my history is true? Getting away with this is about deceit and disguise. It is true I've had ties to GMR. I've lied about the majority of my past to throw them off. All that you need to know is I'm in leadership here and I'm pretty much a veteran (around 30 years I'm not going to be specific). Also, my age could he a bit different than i stated (higher or lower). Also the team responsible for MSEP is pretty much the entire 200+ person parks management department in Florida alone. Anaheim also has a 300+ person parks team.
Precisely. All the information you’ve provided about your identity is hit or miss. You’re not an idiot, and thus you’ve taken proper precautions.

In spite of that, I remain fairly certain that the info you’re sharing is true. The delivery is much less important than the information itself. You seem to be doing this in good spirit, and I feel comfortable listening to what you have to say.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Posting this again so it doesnt get lost

TO CLEAR THE AIR

TTA94

Imagine Epcot forever mixed with IP's and the countries. Sounds like a wreck but it will work. Kites, fountains, fire, drones, and a lot more to be revealed soon.

That’s exciting to hear about fire, drones and the kites in Harmonius. When it comes to the fountains will there be a similar amount as RoE on the 4 barges?

bubbles1812

Posting this again so it doesnt get lost

TO CLEAR THE AIR

Should we start playing the Mission Impossible theme for you? Will you be with Ethan Hunt or against Ethan Hunt? ;)

realBobChapek

Hes set to be the next CEO after Iger so get ready.
This is news to me! 😲
For a hot minute it did but Iger and Chapek have a weird relationship. The role is back in Chapek's hands.
#bromance
He’s got a spirit about him that makes me think that all’s well.

So in that spirit, @Disnerd2003
You seem to be doing this in good spirit, and I feel comfortable listening to what you have to say.
🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom