Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcot_Imagineer

"Sorry about all of those previous posts where I pretended to be clueless, I had to throw them off my trail."
"Regardless of that, here is my age, my previous jobs, where I'm headed after work tonight, and my entire resume."

🤨

I mean... I'm not saying this doesn't check out but... that and the odd VPN comment aren't really jivin' here.

Trekkie101

Are you a ‘Buzz Member’ or whatever the team is for cast with ability to post?

The main question here is about whether theres to be a night parade, it seems likely given its ended its run in Anaheim, other than PTN all are spoken for.

I‘m a bit sceptical higher anaheim management would care if WDW wreck MSEP, it would basically unshackle them a bit to run more PTN.

That said, i’m not sure why a cavalcade in the short Paris style hasnt ever been considered, running multiple times (3/4) would massively reduce Opex cost and stop the whole crowding issue. Basically 4 floats and some dancers do a dash through parade route, un roped, multiple times a session.

bubbles1812

"Sorry about all of those previous posts where I pretended to be clueless, I had to throw them off my trail."
"Regardless of that, here is my age, my previous jobs, where I'm headed after work tonight, and my entire resume."

🤨

I mean... I'm not saying this doesn't check out but... that and the odd VPN comment aren't really jivin' here.

Yeah... doesn’t make much sense to me either. I’m hoping @wdwmagic comment’s on the legitimacy of the poster.

What I really don’t understand is the possibility of them axing HEA, as mentioned on one of the earlier pages.

By all accounts, it’s been well received (whether liked on here or not). Them adding something extra for the 50th makes sense to me but doing away with it for something new? After 3ish years? I mean frick, Wishes ran for how long? Illuminations just finished a 20 year run. And look at Fantasmic... Still chuggin’. It doesn’t fit TWDC M.O. at all. Not to mention, why get rid of a successful show so soon?

So something isn’t exactly matching up here yet for me.

Last edited:

PaisleyMF

Yeah... doesn’t make much sense to me either. I’m hoping @wdwmagic comment’s on the legitimacy of the poster.

What I really don’t understand is the possibility of them axing HEA, as mentioned on one of the earlier pages.

By all accounts, it’s been well received (whether liked on here or not). Them adding something extra for the 50th makes sense to me but doing away with it for something new? After 3ish years? I mean frick, Wishes ran for how long? Illuminations just finished a 20 year run. And look at Fantasmic... Still chuggin’. It doesn’t fit TWDC M.O. at all. Not to mention, why get rid of a successful show so soon?

So something isn’t exactly matching up here yet for me.
How long where the previous mapping shows cycles? Yes, technically is a Fireworks show, but is also a mapping show that needs to be revamped often before it turns stagnant.

bubbles1812

How long where the previous mapping shows cycles? Yes, technically is a Fireworks show, but is also a mapping show that needs to be revamped often before it turns stagnant.

No idea on the answer to your question but letting things become stagnant is very in TWCD’s M.O. ;) It’s not like they’ve changed up A Galactic Spectacular or even Jingle Bell Jingle Bam either and those shows are mostly projection too. Look how long it took them to roll over the Christmas and Halloween shows.

Like I said, I mainly just find the possibility insinuated by the OP confusing. If they revamp it some or change it up some... that’s what makes the most sense to me and more in keeping with the pattern, not doing away with it entirely.

DDLand

I’m of the mindset the information is correct, but the story of working at TDO is wrong. He’s already revealed enough details for any press person to find out who he is. He’s a cast member who has a history at the GMR and has worked at two other parks. That narrows it down significantly. Then he’s openly stated his age. Now the pr team would be looking for a 49 year-old who worked front lines and worked up the ranks to management. With specific attractions listed, it makes the task far more palatable. He mentions that he requested the right to post on message boards/social media in the last year. That would be on file. He has referenced that he is currently helping to bring the MSEP parade to Florida. That’s another identifier- only a handful of people would be on that team. He’s also mentioned walking out of specific meetings- meetings that most likely had a roster. While I don’t think Disney employs a detective agency, it would take someone 15 minutes to parse through some databases to find out who this guy is. Unless we’re at a point where Disney is not actively trying to plug leads...

That said, I’m actually inclined to believe the veracity of these posts. The information is oddly specific and believable. He’s not being honest with where he’s getting it from, but I think it’s pretty darn solid nonetheless. I will say that I think @CircusPeanuts is legit. Looking at his posting history and confidence, I would be shocked if he wasn’t who he said he was.

I know a lot of you are skeptical of @Disnerd2003, but I’m going to take his stuff pretty much at face value for the time being. If he’s proven wrong he’s proven wrong. He’s got a spirit about him that makes me think that all’s well.

So in that spirit, @Disnerd2003 could you go into a little detail on Disney’s Animal Kingdom? That “journey” has me interested/worried. Part of me is worried about whatever is going to be approved. The other part of me realizes that Joe is fast approaching retirement age. It’s now or never.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Animal Kingdom and journey... Disney is kind of clone obsessed atm so journey to the center of the earth?

Much as I would love for that to happen I doubt TDO would build an exact clone of "...Center of the Earth", even without the full volcano.

Maybe the same ride system/track layout, but based on some other IP.

KaliSplash

I shall now do my traditional parade post. I hope this is true. MSEP is the Greatest Parade ever. (Not that that means there can't be a better one in the future if someone would spend the money). It is FAR superior to Spectro. Why? Because of the music. Spectro's music is a WALTZ. That is Not parade music. MSEP is more peppy and more appropriate for a parade. I am glad we are getting any parade at this point, having gone without for a while. And as I have stated before, which parade you prefer probably depends on which one you saw first. For me, that's MSEP. For many of you younger folks, that was Spectro. If they are looking for the nostalgia crowd, MSEP works for me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This looks like the circus rolled into town and everyone is taking investment advice from the bearded lady

If anyone will still listen to you, tell 'em to cut prices back to 2010 levels.

And here it is. They’ve managed to find their price ceilings in the current structure/environment. An adjustment is due and necessary. Let’s watch and see how many fake tears Bob Sheds when he bails...if the tanning bed hasn’t completely killed his tear ducts

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's why I asked to post on an "internet website" about my Park experiences. They didn't know it was this site and my IP is hidden so all I have to do is deny it. The cant physically prove it.

🤨

If you're being truthful about your work experience, age, and the time you clocked out, they have you if they want you.

TOCPE82

So in that spirit, @Disnerd2003 could go into a little detail on Disney’s Animal Kingdom? That “journey” has me interested/worried. Part of me is worried about whatever is going to be approved. The other part of me realizes that Joe is fast approaching retirement age. It’s now or never.
I'm guessing there are multiple levels of truth and subterfuge here. The unimportant details could be wrong without changing the overall narrative.

That said, at least it's **interesting**.

My biggest question is why they would let Spectromagic get destroyed in the first place? I've been back in the boneyard behind MK, and with just the stuff *I* saw back there, you'd think they'd have found somewhere to keep it in at least reparable condition.

TTA94

@Disnerd2003 Can you tell us what to expect with about Harmonius? When we can expect it to debut? What we will see visually? Fountains? Drones?

Also will fountains be added at MK as part of HEAs replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom