Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

And I love how I'm part of the team who unfortunately had to bring it back so I cant wait for the insults on me @brb1006 . Guilty by association I guess haha.
I'm not insulting you, just still mourning over the fate of Spectromagic. Yes it's been almost 10 years since it's departure but that parade had so much charm and a wonderful parade score. Not to mention the creative designs for the parade floats. Especially the opening floats and the finale featuring various Disney characters who costumes and floats change colors.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
No... no WE really don’t.
PM me at let me know what internal communication you use and what you use as an alternative. I just left my office. Sent an email with TDO as part of the subject... Last time I checked all of US in my department knew that...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
PM me at let me know what internal communication you use and what you use as an alternative. I just left my office. Sent an email with TDO as part of the subject... Last time I checked all of US in my department knew that...
Whoa so you were at work this whole time and typing on here? There is no way you are getting away with bashing the boss.

CircusPeanuts

Nah. I’m good. I’ve been with the company in leadership roles for 25+ years including working at Team Disney and have never seen anyone use TDO except fanboys on the internet. TDA, sure.

carolina_yankee

Spectro isnt really "Gone forever". As I said earlier here at TDO there's "One little spark" of hope. We've brought it up but the boss isn't budging. But as stated before, boss doesnt want to dish out the money and wants to capitalize on MSEP's nostalgia. And a new parade wouldnt be done in time at our unfortunately slow turnover rate.

That’s both hopeful and sad at the same time! It’s the 50th! And Iger’s own book talks about how leadership is about the future, not the past. Oh well.

Maybe if the spiffy up MSEP to its fullest and include the little whirling bumblebees and such I’ll give it a try and enjoy it.

Dirk

montyz81

management in WDW is panicking attack right now.. Management is looking for anything to draw back in crowds and nostalgia sells like nothing else. The new fireworks show is going to play similarly to Epcot Forever, but much better.
Are they panicking because Epcot Forecer is so bad? If they want to sell Nostalgia, they shouldn’t have gotten rid of RoE. But, it’s too late now the earth globe is already destroyed.
Just as an aside, I think they should have put the earth globe in the center of the cut off section of the Disney Springs lake and run some abbreviated version of RoE.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That’s both hopeful and sad at the same time! It’s the 50th! And Iger’s own book talks about how leadership is about the future, not the past (except when it comes to making money, then everything is fair game). Oh well.

Maybe if the spiffy up MSEP to its fullest and include the little whirling bumblebees and such I’ll give it a try and enjoy it.

Dirk

Fixed that. :)

VaderTron

Spectromagic would be a multimillion dollar effort and take more than a year and a half to build correctly. Patching MSEP and letting it run the rest of it's life here will raise more merch revenue, be more economical/efficient for TDO.
Translation:

Chapek: "Is that the cheapest parade option?"

Board member: "Yes, any of the other parades would be much more costly to reproduce."

Chapek: "Well, try to use what we have in storage. And tell the CM's who are doing the referbs to get the store brand paint this time. None of that name brand stuff...(Personal assistant walks in) Oh thank you...Wait, what is this? I said the sturgeon royal white caviar! This is BELUGA caviar!"

EPCOT View

Even better was back when Spectromagic and Wishes were still running at MK. Jiminy was able to host the parade and Wishes each night. As a result, Jiminy Cricket felt like the nighttime host for the entire park.

The "10 Minute Announcement" for Spectromagic

The "Preshow Announcement" and "5 Minute Announcement" for Wishes.

Way back when they used to have 9pm parade, 10pm fireworks and 11pm parade and stayed open till midnight or later. Let alone extra magic hours, special event nights such as the open 24 hour events or the Pirates and Princesses event in 2008.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Translation:

Chapek: "Is that the cheapest parade option?"

Board member: "Yes, any of the other parades would be much more costly to reproduce."

Chapek: "Well, try to use what we have in storage. And tell the CM's who are doing the referbs to get the store brand paint this time. None of that name brand stuff...(Personal assistant walks in) Oh thank you...Wait, what is this? I said the sturgeon royal white caviar! This is BELUGA caviar!"
Didnt realize board members would be involved to the extent they had cost info on parade options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom