Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

For what it's worth, I believe this, I'm just not happy about it. I would rather continue having no parade at all, personally speaking. MK is doing just fine with HEA. A parade would be icing on the cake, but only if they do it right and MSEP isn't doing it right.

I am glad to hear that it'll at least receive an update if it all happens, but it still belongs in Anaheim, IMO.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
For what it's worth, I believe this, I'm just not happy about it. I would rather continue having no parade at all, personally speaking. MK is doing just fine with HEA. A parade would be icing on the cake, but only if they do it right and MSEP isn't doing it right.

I am glad to hear that it'll at least receive an update if it all happens, but it still belongs in Anaheim, IMO.
The floats that are on their way now are set to he updated in February.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I find this decision to be very disappointing. Tokyo's Dreamlights parade should be the example parade for each park to emulate/build upon. It mixes both old and new technology while having great music.

Nostalgia is great but a brand new cutting edge parade with nods to history (maybe even a few re-created updated Spectro floats) should have been a no-brainer for the 50th budget be dammed.
That parade looks awesome!!! I wish WDW had the budget. Hope they're able to sprinkle a bit of this in.

Reactions: CJR

brb1006

I love Jiminy Cricket!

that's the end of my contribution
Even better was back when Spectromagic and Wishes were still running at MK. Jiminy was able to host the parade and Wishes each night. As a result, Jiminy Cricket felt like the nighttime host for the entire park.

The "10 Minute Announcement" for Spectromagic

The "Preshow Announcement" and "5 Minute Announcement" for Wishes.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
That parade looks awesome!!! I wish WDW had the budget. Hope they're able to sprinkle a bit of this in.
Oh we kinda sorta have it in the budget if we REALLY WANTED TO, it's just that the boss is HIGHLY selective on what he spends. He's very much "the less money we spend the more we save" rather than "If we spend money on something that will draw people in it will earn us money."

Figments Friend

Oh we kinda sorta have it in the budget if we REALLY WANTED TO, it's just that the boss is HIGHLY selective on what he spends. He's very much "the less money we spend the more we save" rather than "If we spend money on something that will draw people in it will earn us money."

He needs to have his mind changed to the second option.
Something needs to happen to convince him....before it's too late.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom