Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
More like MSEP overstayed it's welcome (seriously the parade is currently 47 years old and half of the floats are missing). Suddenly the "Farewell Merchandise" for 2000 and 2016 is completely pointless now. Keep in mind that Spectro was 19 years old when it left in 2010 while MSEP was 38 that year.
Wait until you find out the dates are set for the parade's arrival and removal. Merch team is already working on designs.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes, it did. I had a report on my desk in 2016 reporting crowd levels during MSEP and Spectro and MSEP greatly overshadowed. That day was when the decision to bring it back for the 50th was made.

I get the feeling they will find out its a big mistake.
Might as well save the bit of money and not have a nighttime parade if its gonna be the same old same old boring MSEP.

brb1006

Yes, it did. I had a report on my desk in 2016 reporting crowd levels during MSEP and Spectro and MSEP greatly overshadowed. That day was when the decision to bring it back for the 50th was made.
Are you telling us that we won't get a brand new electrical parade in 2021?

brb1006

With the lack luster D23 it seemed like there were problems behind the scenes, always love the Main Street Electric Parade though... will these "new fireworks" be replacing the current "Happily Ever After" show? which is more projections than fireworks
MSEP was good but it's already showing it's age.

CJR

This is disappointing to hear. Personally speaking, I have little interest in MSEP coming back to WDW.

I love the parade, but WDW took very poor care of it last time. Also, I would rather them get a new parade with some floats dedicated to movies that came out in the last thirty years.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
I get the feeling they will find out its a big mistake.
Might as well save the bit of money and not have a nighttime parade if its gonna be the same old same old boring MSEP.
This is disappointing to hear. Personally speaking, I have little interest in MSEP coming back to WDW.

I love the parade, but WDW took very poor care of it last time. Also, I would rather them get a new parade with some floats dedicated to movies that came out in the last thirty years.
Something new to give it a little more life is brewing over at imagineering. So it wont be "same old". You'll be getting at least 2 new things.

Figments Friend

I find this news odd when comparing notes with info i was given, but things change all the time.

I was told two / three years ago by a source who works for TDA that the MSEP is staying in Anaheim, and that there was a real intent by management to never allow TDO to get their grubby hands on it again due to their mistreatment of the parade units.
Orlando, i was told, did a lousy job of keeping those old floats in good condition and the neglect was strikingly apparent when the units were returned to Anaheim for the previous run.
It was particularly bad for a few units which were in such poor condition they had to be retired and have not been seen since.
Thus why the Parade is quite short...and has been for the last two runs at Disneyland Park, including this Summer.

Now things may have changed, but if this is indeed something that they plan on doing, i sure hope Orlando is ready to take care of those floats far better then last time around.
Regardless of individuals' personal opinions, those floats are historic artifacts and need to be preserved.
They also should remain in it's original 'home' Park, Disneyland.
As much as i love the MSEP, for it's preservation and care i would rather see it remain in California.

WDW needs to step up and invest in a ALL NEW spectacular night parade.
NO more 'recycling', regardless of the 'retro craze'.
It is LONG overdue...and the 50th Anniversary is the perfect excuse to create a new Parade to draw Guests to the Resort.
No more half measures...do it RIGHT and reap the financial / attendance spike benefits.

-

TrojanUSC

Alright. I'm gonna start this off by saying I've spent a wonderful 30 years with TDO, and know about nearly everything coming to WDW for the 50th and beyond I can't speak of. I am, however, going to share insider info to lay the MK 50th Anniversary parade rumors to rest. Disneyland is a ghost town and PTN is extremely expensive to operate. That sits in TDA's parade warehouse while the arguably more profitable and cheaper parade to run (MSEP) performed over the summer. Meanwhile, management in WDW is panicking attack right now. CM hours are being cut, deals are popping up, and as a 30 year vet of the company who has seen the ups and downs, I can say that it's a disaster. Management is looking for anything to draw back in crowds and nostalgia sells like nothing else. The new fireworks show is going to play similarly to Epcot Forever, but much better. This nostalgia factor is going to bring in crowds by the numbers. To match this, TDO is in the process of sending the MEP back to Orlando (pictures exist, I may post them). TDO is planning on spending the next year fixing and repairing it, and using it for the 50th anniversary. Management expects it to draw in crowds and genuinely please most. The 50th is going to be a celebration of the history of the Magic Kingdom. For that, Disney needs this nostalgia. Next year at Destination D you'll be alerted of the new Fireworks and MSEP's return, and you'll see the MSEP as early as spring 2021.

People still panicking about SWGE?

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
I find this news odd when comparing notes with info i was given, but things change all the time.

I was told two / three years ago by a source who works for TDA that the MSEP is staying in Anaheim, and that there was a real intent by management to never allow TDO to get their grubby hands on it again due to their mistreatment of the parade units.
Orlando, i was told, did a lousy job of keeping those old floats in good condition and the neglect was strikingly apparent when the units were returned to Anaheim for the previous run.
It was particularly bad for a few units which were in such poor condition they were not allowed to run.
So the Parade is quite short...and that run was repeated this past Summer.

Now things may have changed, but i sure hope Orlando is ready to take care of those floats far better then last time around.
Regardless of individuals' personal opinions, those floats are historic artifacts and need to be preserved.
As much as i love the MSEP, for it's preservation and care i would rather see it remain in California.

It is LONG overdue...and the 50th Anniversary is the perfect excuse to create a new Parade to draw Guests to the Resort.
No more half measures...do it RIGHT and reap the financial / attendance spike benefits.

-
PM me and I'll explain from one insider to another. TDA is begrudgingly agreeing to let it cross the country, but unfortunately TDA is not getting it back. It wont survive 2 cross country trips.

brb1006

It was particularly bad for a few units which were in such poor condition they had to be retired and have not been seen since.
Thus why the Parade is quite short...and has been for the last two runs at Disneyland Park, including this Summer.

Now things may have changed, but i sure hope Orlando is ready to take care of those floats far better then last time around.

-
giphy.gif

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Now things may have changed, but if this is indeed something that they plan on doing, i sure hope Orlando is ready to take care of those floats far better then last time around.

-

After your secret meeting please come back to this thread and post whether you think OP is credible.
No need to tell us what whast said just if you believe that MSEP is definitely coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom