News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Timothy_Q

When rat opens around May, do you think we will get another big announcement, either for Mexico, imagination, or even Brazil? The reason I’m saying this is because of the Epcot experience 360 show, and eventually they will need another video segment to replace the rat segment.
They can just remove a segment.

That's not really a reason to announce something

Magic Feather

I noticed that the clips of the ride played in EE were all from the bilingual French version. Do we expect the ride to stay bilingual here, or can we expect it to entirely be in English?

Timothy_Q

I noticed that the clips of the ride played in EE were all from the bilingual French version. Do we expect the ride to stay bilingual here, or can we expect it to entirely be in English?
I'd much prefer if it stayed bilingual.

Also would enjoy if at least one song in FEA was sang in norwegian.
We all know what they're singing about already, we wouldn't miss anything by making it in norwegian

aladdin2007

I'd much prefer if it stayed bilingual.

Also would enjoy if at least one song in FEA was sang in norwegian.
We all know what they're singing about already, we wouldn't miss anything by making it in norwegian

they could have done something in Norwegian thats for sure but no they made sure to stay away from anything authentic, its not like its in the Norway pavilion or anything. oh wait......:banghead:

SplashJacket

I'm running on nothing except what my own brain has generated.

However, I'd assume using the bilingual French version was done as the final fully English version is not finalized, contractual elements regarding the voice actors, or as an artistic element for EE as it adds a sense of immersion to the French pavilion, but if that philosophy is true the bilingual version would appear in the ride.

In conclusion, *visible confusion* 🤷‍♂️

Den Carter

Had to giggle to myself visiting the Epcot Experience this week (which is great, btw). If the VT in the 360 film is anything to go by, the Rat ride is a 100% carbon copy of the DLP version us DLP fans have been enjoying for years. No bad thing, to be honest, but I'd like it to have some differences. Nothing major, but I like the fact that each worldwide version of Tower of Terror, Slash Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion is basically the same but different. Fingers crossed for some international 'quirks'. By the time the Epcot version opens it'll have been six years since the DLP version debuted, so there must be technology enhancements, surely?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Had to giggle to myself visiting the Epcot Experience this week (which is great, btw). If the VT in the 360 film is anything to go by, the Rat ride is a 100% carbon copy of the DLP version us DLP fans have been enjoying for years. No bad thing, to be honest, but I'd like it to have some differences. Nothing major, but I like the fact that each worldwide version of Tower of Terror, Slash Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion is basically the same but different. Fingers crossed for some international 'quirks'. By the time the Epcot version opens it'll have been six years since the DLP version debuted, so there must be technology enhancements, surely?
This is pitched for the 99% of people who’ve never been to WDSP though.

And clones are cheaper.

lazyboy97o

They’ll buy new projectors but the intent has always been for it to be an identical show.

This is pitched for the 99% of people who’ve never been to WDSP though.

And clones are cheaper.
This thing is proving to be neither cheaper or easier.

Mike S

Indeed, next they'll be employing French people to work there :mad:
And what language do they speak most of the time when people go up to ask something?

This is a common sense thing. It’s going to be changed to full English. No other ride on property has a mix of languages unless there’s individual choice like on Spaceship Earth or a small safety spiel. Gran Fiesta does a bit but only common phrases most people know anyway and of course Small World but that’s it. Don’t know why people are taking my comment this way but whatever.

Last edited:

mergatroid

And what language do they speak most of the time when people go up to ask something?

This is a common sense thing. It’s going to be changed to full English. No other ride on property has a mix of languages unless there’s individual choice like on Spaceship Earth or a safety spiel. Gran Fiesta does a bit but only common phrases most people know anyway. Don’t know why people are taking my comment this way but whatever.

I believe it's just called having fun ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom