Eliminating some Florida resident annual passes?

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I did a quick search and didn’t find this posted, but I heard that Disney will be eliminating some of the options for Florida resident annual passes in February. Does anyone have any insight? Also, this is something I saw on Facebook, so take that for what it is.

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Can you please provide some context, maybe the original Facebook post?
25517A16-656A-406E-BB1B-04AD1ED0F53F.png
4B820698-DAC8-4671-8462-74320A6BC8EE.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Florida residents available passes are: Gold, Silver, Theme Park Select, weekday select and Epcot after 4.

If they are eliminating one, my money would be on silver.

I do know that if they raise prices again they might as well pack it in, they’re already suffering from significant decreases in renewals.

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

I do know that if they raise prices again they might as well pack it in, they’re already suffering from significant decreases in renewals.
I am mainly concerned about the weekday select because that's what I have, and if they get rid of that one, I won't be able to keep a pass any more.

Fallingends

Florida residents available passes are: Gold, Silver, Theme Park Select, weekday select and Epcot after 4.

Yeah, silver is mostly likely going to get get the cut from the list and theme park select taking its place fully.

Joesixtoe

I was already thinking of trying universal out for a year and then hopefully come back for the 50 anniversary.. by then the prices might be to high.. eh decisions

Rob562

I was already thinking of trying universal out for a year and then hopefully come back for the 50 anniversary.. by then the prices might be to high.. eh decisions

That's actually what we've been doing since 2017.

We decided to take a Disney break (though not specifically linked to the anniversary), so in 2017 we did an "everything but Disney" trip. Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens. For that we bought Seasonal APs for Universal. At just over $300 they were a steal, and the blackout dates were all times we wouldn't want to go anyway.

We then discovered the joys of running off to Orlando for a few nights every 3 or 4 months when we could get cheap airfare and a good Passholder hotel rate. Great way to escape and recharge. (My bf refers to it as his "quarterly therapy session") We renewed when it came time, upgrading to a 3-park Seasonal which was barely more than our original APs cost us, thanks to the renewal discount.

It's now been three years since our last WDW trip, and we're going back to Disney this December. We're not buying APs though. We'll see after our trip what our desire level is to return again quickly.

-Rob

giantgolfer

I’m sure I’ll get a ton of backlash for this question, but whatever....I’m genuinely curious about this.

I’ve always wondered...why is there a Florida resident AP at all? I’d think a discounted daily/multi-day option would serve Disney better to fill slower times of the year (if there are any of those anymore).

SSH

We decided to take a Disney break (though not specifically linked to the anniversary), so in 2017 we did an "everything but Disney" trip. Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens. For that we bought Seasonal APs for Universal. At just over $300 they were a steal, and the blackout dates were all times we wouldn't want to go anyway.

We then discovered the joys of running off to Orlando for a few nights every 3 or 4 months when we could get cheap airfare and a good Passholder hotel rate. Great way to escape and recharge. (My bf refers to it as his "quarterly therapy session") We renewed when it came time, upgrading to a 3-park Seasonal which was barely more than our original APs cost us, thanks to the renewal discount.

It's now been three years since our last WDW trip, and we're going back to Disney this December. We're not buying APs though. We'll see after our trip what our desire level is to return again quickly.

-Rob

UO is an even better deal when they run their "6 months free" passholder promo. If you're in the renewal period or buying a new one, you get 3 months off the lower ones like seasonal and 6 months off the upper ones.

Rob562

UO is an even better deal when they run their "6 months free" passholder promo. If you're in the renewal period or buying a new one, you get 3 months off the lower ones like seasonal and 6 months off the upper ones.

We got 3 months free with our renewal. (I left that part out in my post) I'm not entirely sure if that offer is still going on.

-Rob

Steph15251

-Rob
Was that 300 per ticket ,that is still expensive for me ,but I am trying to save up for an AP pass,I do not need one for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom