Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

GusEzra

I think when they started pricing this time of year lower (or was it raise the prices the other times of the year, anyway) to increase attendance it increased the popularity of the party. Add on top of that the reputation of the parties being less crowded it increased their popularity, Sadly the party is a victim of itself. now dont get me wrong we have been 2 out of the last 3 years and we love the party, we actually are going down a few days early for our cruise so we can attend the party in the 20th.

KikoKea

One night, it was crowded and the treat lines were packed and disorganized, and ride lines were long, so we just sat in Philarmagic for a while and watched the old movies. We try to catch Ichabod Crane each party and often the skeleton dance short. What's amazing to us is how fast the lines move without FP messing them up. A SM line to the entrance just moves along, no problem. Pirates moved constantly, even with the line back to the CM spot.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Wait times after 9:30 aren't the problems. However, prior to the end of the first parade, you usually see 45 minutes and up for the Halloween overlay attractions. Me personally, I get kinda ticked off when POTC is 45 minutes for the party when during the day it's 20. I won't even get into 7DMT or Space.

After the fireworks it's is great because everything becomes a virtual walk on. I remember when it used to be like that at 7PM not 10PM.
I had great luck getting in line for Space at 6:45...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sadly, as long as a certain number of guests continue rate this highly, they will never change their approach - Higher prices with higher attendance caps. I expect 2020 to squeeze in an extra party or two above the number this year.

I can only imagine how popular some homes must be for Halloween if they bought a season pass and used it to accumulate Halloween candy to give out (I probably would ;) ). "A pound of candy for you, and a pound of candy for you, and a pound of candy for you..."

KikoKea

Sadly, as long as a certain number of guests continue rate this highly, they will never change their approach - Higher prices with higher attendance caps. I expect 2020 to squeeze in an extra party or two above the number this year.

I can only imagine how popular some homes must be for Halloween if they bought a season pass and used it to accumulate Halloween candy to give out (I probably would ;) ). "A pound of candy for you, and a pound of candy for you, and a pound of candy for you..."
Yeah, we culled out all the Skittles, Lifesaver Gummies, and Starbursts for Trunk or Treat this year.

Ok. So my family and I went to the party Thursday until 11 pm and the one tonight only for a short time. I have to say Thursday was the most crowded I have ever seen at the Halloween party and easily compared to crowds at the Christmas Party. The parade route was packed and most wait times were in excess of 25 minutes, which is not horrible but considering that is what I would consider the average wait time, it was much higher than we have ever experienced. The treat stations for the most part were busy but well organized. We went through several after 10 pm that had less than 10 people in line.

Now tonight was just as busy and we left early due to the crowd. The treat stations were packed but well organized and flowing smoothly but people were already lining up around 7:30 for the parade.

While this year was different than any other of the last 5 years, it was still fun and tolerable. I will definitely return next year just knowing the days of yesteryear are no more. I understand the complaints as this party used to not be too crowded but seems like every time we visit Disney the crowds are growing.

MotherOfBirds

Wait times at attractions are never really a problem, even on sold out nights. The biggest issue is crowding around parades, fireworks trick or treat stops and shows.

I find that they tend to yo-yo in time with the parade/fireworks. You get very reasonable times in comparison to the ones during regular hours when you're between shows, a huge dip during, and then an insane spike immediately afterwards. I wasn't exaggerating before: Space Mountain was 15 minutes, my friend went into the bathroom, the fireworks let out, and by the time he came out, it was 90-120 min. I attribute this to the app, but it was bonkers nonetheless.

MotherOfBirds

Only if you want to sit through a 16-min video.

Thank you for posting so I could bear witness to this cold day in Hell. Call me cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if pushback from the pixie-duster bloggers/influencers that make up Disney's free marketing team is what finally helps P&R see reason.

Seeing GE sitting on the "Meh" part of that spectrum was a surprise for me. Either the popular narrative has managed to penetrate their cocoon, or we're inching towards a general consensus.

docnabox

Well, we went to the party on October 10. I guess we were lucky based on some of the complaints I am seeing. We Arrived around 7 and Main Street was a nightmare but, we got through to Adventureland and POC which had a long wait. After that? We cruised through the party and rode almost everything in the park and did a couple of things twice. This was our first trip to WDW in 10 years after having gone over 50 times prior to 2009. Maybe we just lucked out but maybe we just planned well for the event.

Satans Hockey

Does anyone know if the photo pass photos for the Halloween party are included for those annual pass holders that have the photo pass already? Trying to find the answer but nothing is very clear.

Scrooged

Does anyone know if the photo pass photos for the Halloween party are included for those annual pass holders that have the photo pass already? Trying to find the answer but nothing is very clear.
They are available- but depending on where they are stationed it can be a hassle to get the photo passes you want done. Be prepared to wait twenty minutes or longer for anything in front of the castle, and 10-15 for Haunted MAnsion spot. Not that it's bad, but if you don't go to the party often then it may be a waste of precious ride/character meet and greet time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom