Does the recent Skyliner accident change your mind about staying at a Skyliner resort?

Still willing to stay at a Skyliner resort?

• Yes

Votes: 125 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 30.5%
  • Yes but won’t use the Skyliner.

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Yes but only after the kinks have been worked out.

Votes: 28 10.8%

• Total voters

Dad 2 M & M

Just wondering if what happened yesterday is going to affect anyone’s plans regarding staying at a Skyliner resort. My family and I were going to stay at the Riviera in January due to the large discount but now we’ll stay at either the BC/YC or Boardwalk. I know that there will be buses available but the big draw was the convenience to EPCOT and DHS. The thought of being stuck on the thing for 3 hours is not appealing at all.
Shared busing for MK and AK is REALLY bad at the Epcot Blvd Resorts...... and the "loop" never changes....

Tanna Eros

I plan on camping at Fort Wilderness, but... now I'm wondering if I could book one night at a resort that has the Skyliner just so I could see everything.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I will make sure we have water before getting on it, but we will ride it. I tend to not fill up our bottles at the end of a park day because we're headed back to the hotel anyway. But I cannot imagine being stuck in the afternoon with no water. So we'll still ride them, but will definitely go in them better prepared.

ryguy

I am avoiding these resorts because they have inflated the prices by quite a lot. I can't in good conscience stay at CBR for $280 a night. This accident wouldn't effect my decision making though.

Disstevefan1

Problems are normal, most of us has been on attractions that broke down. I was evacuated from the monorail in pouring rain and lighting where they had to drive the stairs on the truck over to get us out, but this does not it the least stop me from using the monorail. Evacuation procedures for the monorail are obviously easier than the Skyliner.

I expected, and expect future problems on the Skyliner, and I want to use the Skyliner, *BUT* the thing that worries me is getting stuck in the middle of the day, in the Florida sun, for three hours, in that tiny cabin, with strangers!

Its a documented fact that as soon as the Skyliner cabin stops moving, its gets *REALLY HOT, REALLY FAST*

So its not the breakdowns that worry me, these will happen. Its the rescue/evacuation procedures for the Skyliner that worry me.

Maybe this one break down of the Skyliner is a blessing in disguise; a wake up call for Disney, and hopefully Disney will work with the Gondola manufacturer to work things out.

correcaminos

Can't vote. I am unsure of the skyliner due to my fear of heights. Nothing else. I need to ride it first to see if I am willing to stay in a resort that heavily relies on it.

bunnyman

Use chair lifts/gondolas all the time when skiing. I would still use the Skyliner, and I would hope that some lessons are learned here regarding operations and future safety upgrades (i.e. RFID tracking of individual cabins; learning why the cabins bunched up in the station, etc.).

Disneyfreak Jen

Yes, but not because I’m afraid to ride it, but because if it’s out of order it will increase the bus traffic at POP, my usual go-to.

The busses there are notoriously awful, I was looking forward to Skyliner relieving some of the congestion.

Minthorne

The Skyliner is now like the Disney Lottery - if you break down you win!

Attachments

• 1570548940613.png
    1570548940613.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 53

DisneyDreamer08

Yes, but not because I’m afraid to ride it, but because if it’s out of order it will increase the bus traffic at POP, my usual go-to.

The busses there are notoriously awful, I was looking forward to Skyliner relieving some of the congestion.

This was a question mark for us as well. I read that buses would still be provided for Epcot and DHS on a regular schedule but that they would always share with AoA now. We purposely did not choose Pop for our upcoming trip because there were just too many unknowns.

Disstevefan1

That "fact" is not always true. We rode it on opening day, in the heat of the afternoon, mid-90s air temp. The skyliner stopped twice - once in the route from Epcot, the other as we were arriving at HS.

During the first stop we noticed that there was still good airflow in the cabin - did not feel hot at all. Those of us in the cabin were commenting that we still felt the airflow even though we had expected it to warm up quickly, which it did not.

In the second stop there initially was no airflow, but then some air began to flow. It did warm up a bit, but still was cooler than the outside air. Don't ask me how... but that is what we felt. And, we had no problem sitting either in silence or chatting with other guests. It was my wife and I, a single rider, and another couple.

Well I guess not always. I sure hope no one is ever stopped in the sun when is 95 degrees out for three hours. I’de rather not test that theory...

Disneyfreak Jen

This was a question mark for us as well. I read that buses would still be provided for Epcot and DHS on a regular schedule but that they would always share with AoA now. We purposely did not choose Pop for our upcoming trip because there were just too many unknowns.
I’m done with POP too ☹️ Wow they’re going to share with AoA?! Like POP needs to share with anyone...their busses are awful. 🤯
I had a great bus experience at ASM last December...fast busses, only shared once or twice the whole trip and when it did it was so fast it made no difference.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We saw that line walking to the bus for POFQ. That length of line for the skyliner scares me - especially since it was an EMH night. I was expecting that the skyliner would be faster getting back to Pop when we visit in December. I hope that Tuesday was an anomaly. We shall see because we are planning to use the skyliner a lot in that visit.
How does the line move in relation to a similar line at a bus stop ?

wdwfan22

The only Skyliner Resort I would consider staying at would be Riviera as it’s the only Deluxe. However we never use Disney transport while we are there and have no desire to use the Skyliner.

Patcheslee

Not the incident itself but the price increase has me questioning whether a Skyliner resort is worth more "risk" until it's been running for a longer period. Sure could book at an increased $50/night at CBR, but until reliability is improved there's a larger risk of paying more and not being able to use at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom