News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

Marsha Mallow

Sad how? Sad as in you over paid, or underpaid?

I did this for our 2018 trip and we pretty much broke even, and maybe came out a tiny bit ahead of Disney including the snack credits.
For our trip in early 2019 we also paid out of pocket for all, a family of five, and I think we ended up saving maybe $50, maybe. As long as we do character dining I think there's no way to save $$. For that trip two of my kiddos were just out of child pricing, now all three of them are. But two of my kids were in foster-care for years and are really small, like 3-5% weight and height percentile and they. won't. eat. any. adult. food. So the adult pricing just kills me.

We actually asked our server at BOG for dinner to please let us order our 10 yo a kid's meal and she got permission.... BTW, does anyone know if WDW does anything for adoptive families? Prolly not but I can ask can't I? ;)

Marsha Mallow

Us too.. I don't know how people can justify more than $250 a night on a hotel room... in my head, I have a hard time justifying over $150~
You would be surprised what resorts aren't available at all if you're trying to sleep 5. I know I sure was! Finally after two trips I realized that the resorts weren't totally booked, they just weren't showing me all of them b/c we couldn't book a room there. I splurged once to stay at Contemporary while my kids were all still child pricing, the rest of the time Moderates.

Donal Duck

Is there any basis for these price increases -has the inflation rate sky rocketed, has the cost of production increased, has the cost of raw materials increased, labor costs up? I suspect it is simply a case of we are Disney and we can and the lemmings will not even notice.

No basis. These price increases are automatic now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's more than my wife makes as a 14 year teacher. Now we can argue neither is paid their value, but comparatively, yes that is enough.

I would ask where you live...but I think I just figured out the 16 states I can eliminate.

Your wife is underpaid...who knows by how much?

But that isn’t a lot. The “true poverty line” is somewhere around $37,000

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I realized that after I typed it.

Then you know central Florida is not well paid.

Two things:
1. Tourism economies aren’t generally wage friendly (not much can do about that)
2. Florida has enacted policies that lure individual and corporate money to the state...but receive no guarantees they will contribute to the economic advantages of the citizens (their fault)

It has allowed for an amazing run of success for the Olive Garden...however🍜

MissM

We were Florida resident passholders for many years in a row. We let them lapse almost two years ago after rising costs and overcrowded parks just took the fun out of it for us. We needed a break. But it wasn't so long ago, we'd pop over to the parks and if we grabbed quick service lunch while there (couple burgers and fries) it was like $20 for both of us. Then it was like $25. Now it's like $35. For the same thing. I mean, we're talking two pretty low-standard burgers and fries and a couple cokes! It's one of those things where it goes from a easy, low stress day to actually needing to plan out your day and the costs of everything. If I suddenly need a $100 just to get a lunch, a few drinks and maybe a snack or two for the day, that's a much bigger investment and not something I am going to want to do as often. I know $1 here and $2 there doesn't seem like much but it's a very cumulative thing. I just looked and found a 1/4 lb burger and fries combo at Cosmic Rays was $6.69 in 2011. A 1/3 lb burger and fries is now $12.29. That's a pretty steep increase. And I'm just going for a day! People who are there for a week - well, it adds up even faster.

tissandtully

We were Florida resident passholders for many years in a row. We let them lapse almost two years ago after rising costs and overcrowded parks just took the fun out of it for us. We needed a break. But it wasn't so long ago, we'd pop over to the parks and if we grabbed quick service lunch while there (couple burgers and fries) it was like $20 for both of us. Then it was like $25. Now it's like $35. For the same thing. I mean, we're talking two pretty low-standard burgers and fries and a couple cokes! It's one of those things where it goes from a easy, low stress day to actually needing to plan out your day and the costs of everything. If I suddenly need a $100 just to get a lunch, a few drinks and maybe a snack or two for the day, that's a much bigger investment and not something I am going to want to do as often. I know $1 here and $2 there doesn't seem like much but it's a very cumulative thing. I just looked and found a 1/4 lb burger and fries combo at Cosmic Rays was $6.69 in 2011. A 1/3 lb burger and fries is now $12.29. That's a pretty steep increase. And I'm just going for a day! People who are there for a week - well, it adds up even faster.
Yep, but most are on dining plan and high menu prices add to the perceived value of that.

Ricky Spanish

That's it, I'm canceling my vacation and going to Wally World instead.
image.jpeg

Sparksfly

Does anyone know what the increases are ? We have a bunch of dining reservations scheduled for next month and I've had to budget this year down to the penny due to some unexpected emergencies that came up in the past couple months and needed disney money allocated to. I don't want to show up and be blind sided by higher costs on our meals. Granted...they say the price is subject to change...but ive grown familiar with their meal charges over the years and usually have a good grasp on what to expect when we get there....now not so much.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Does anyone know what the increases are ? We have a bunch of dining reservations scheduled for next month and I've had to budget this year down to the penny due to some unexpected emergencies that came up in the past couple months and needed disney money allocated to. I don't want to show up and be blind sided by higher costs on our meals. Granted...they say the price is subject to change...but ive grown familiar with their meal charges over the years and usually have a good grasp on what to expect when we get there....now not so much.

Have you tried the Walt Disney World web site? I just glanced at that, and if you select a restaurant, it gives you a "range" of prices -- but also you can click on "view menu". There, you will see the full menu options and all prices are listed for each item.

Sparksfly

Have you tried the Walt Disney World web site? I just glanced at that, and if you select a restaurant, it gives you a "range" of prices -- but also you can click on "view menu". There, you will see the full menu options and all prices are listed for each item.
Yes I've see the costs for the regular table services and quick services, but we do a lot of buffets so thats my main point of interest with these increases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom