News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am pretty sure we saw the three bullwheel configuration at this station that you also see at turn stations.

It has 2 wheels with one inbetween.. I don't know if we ever got a conclusion on the cable routing.

riviera station.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Remember way back when we were told the only POSSIBLE ISSUE would be a power outage and that Disney would have already accounted for it and the Gondolas were way easier and faster to evacuate than a single Monorail... boy were we naive...

Maybe you read some other thread... because that's not the conclusion of this one.

joelkfla

halltd

That was my first assumption as well... but the position of the middle wheel still looked challenging from the angles we have. This was the kind of stuff I was hoping @Lift Blog was gonna dig into while he was there ;)
I’m also curious if this station made the line so complex (regardless of the incident) why they just didn’t make it a terminus station. Then they could’ve put ADA spurs on there, too. No line stoppages. I think @Lift Blog even said during his visit that the Epcot line was one of the most complex ever made.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m also curious if this station made the line so complex (regardless of the incident) why they just didn’t make it a terminus station. Then they could’ve put ADA spurs on there, too. No line stoppages. I think @Lift Blog even said during his visit that the Epcot line was one of the most complex ever made.

The problem with making it a terminus adds another transfer to the route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom