News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

No it is a single cable going all the way from CBR to Epcot.
I'm pretty sure its 2 different cables at riviera, 1 bull wheel/cable goes to CBR the other bull wheel/cable goes to the Epcot turn station. The cables only go in straight lines so the cabins detach at the Riviera Turn station and then reconnect to the other line on the way out.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
My wife and I took the Skyliner for the first time today and loved it. This is shocking. I hope there will be no injuries and that everyone will be okay.

We were in China last month and took quite a few cable cars in the mountains. The one we took at Tianmen Mountain is the longest in the world. I did not think something like this, with the cars piling up, would be physically possible. If this were to happen high up on a mountain there is no way you can get people out.

trainplane3

This is definitely a black eye. The cabins appear to already have been separated. These things happen at ski areas sometimes and rarely make the news. I hope there are no injuries.
It's Disney, it's going to make the news 200%.

Shame, I loved my 1 round trip on it.

I can't wait to hear the people that hate the system come out of the wood work now and scream how "it was a death trap from day 1".

EvilChameleon

Or it could just be a freak one of a kind accident as a result of several small factors leading up to a unforeseeable accident.

"Disasters just don't happen. They are triggered by a chain of critical events. Unravel the fateful decisions in those final... seconds from disaster."
hqdefault.jpg

KYmickey

I never thought about this. Is there any lighting inside the cabins, emergency or not?
Even if there were lights in the cabins they would be battery-powered in the batteries would last any longer than the glow sticks, quite possibly let's. There is no easy way, possibly no way at all, to have continuous power in the cabins.

Movielover

"Disasters just don't happen. They are triggered by a chain of critical events. Unravel the fateful decisions in those final... seconds from disaster."
hqdefault.jpg
Yeah! read my post again please!

"Or it could just be a freak one of a kind accident as a result of several small factors leading up to a unforeseeable accident."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure its 2 different cables at riviera, 1 bull wheel/cable goes to CBR the other bull wheel/cable goes to the Epcot turn station. The cables only go in straight lines so the cabins detach at the Riviera Turn station and then reconnect to the other line on the way out.

I am pretty sure we saw the three bullwheel configuration at this station that you also see at turn stations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom