News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

joelkfla

How long will it be before we start seeing chunks of missing wood / splinters on the benches?
I saw a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle removed from service after an out-of-control ecv knocked loose a piece of plastic by the door frame. A Doppelmayr tech came to look at it in CBR. The cabin was left on line going to DHS without passengers. When it got back to CBR, the tech was waiting with a replacement part.

And has anyone verified that the seats are made of real wood? Wood requires regular maintenance. A plastic simulation of wood, like the park benches, would be lighter and practically indestructible. The windows are not real glass.

trainplane3

And has anyone verified that the seats are made of real wood? Wood requires regular maintenance. A plastic simulation of wood, like the park benches, would be lighter and practically indestructible. The windows are not real glass.
I'd guess they are probably some kind of imitation wood.

As I was doing the IG-CBR loop yesterday I was just firing off pictures in every direction. I noticed today the Skyliner had one fluffy barky boi on board:
feZHt4Z.jpg

(not news, just a fun little observation)

Sidenote, I really hate the wraps. Everyone in my cabin (2 strangers and 2 friends) agreed it ruined views without me even mentioning the wraps.

joelkfla

I'd guess they are probably some kind of imitation wood.

As I was doing the IG-CBR loop yesterday I was just firing off pictures in every direction. I noticed today the Skyliner had one fluffy barky boi on board:
feZHt4Z.jpg

(not news, just a fun little observation)

Sidenote, I really hate the wraps. Everyone in my cabin (2 strangers and 2 friends) agreed it ruined views without me even mentioning the wraps.
Yeah, I also saw a party with not 1, but 2, "Service Dogs in Training" in the WAV queue at IG the other day. I asked the humans if the dogs had been on before, but they said no.

Mjt5126

We had just left Epcot to go over to Hollywood studios and they had closed the line. Thank god we were not on it. People have been up there for over an hour. They are running buses from boardwalk back to Caribbean beach, Art of Animation, and pop century

Hopefully no injuries in the accident. We have been saying all week the cars come into the station really fast.

NearTheEars

We had just left Epcot to go over to Hollywood studios and they had closed the line. Thank god we were not on it. People have been up there for over an hour. They are running buses from boardwalk back to Caribbean beach, Art of Animation, and pop century

Hopefully no injuries in the accident. We have been saying all week the cars come into the station really fast.

We just finally made it back to the Studios from Epcot via Friendship boat. We had just rode from Studios to Caribbean Beach to Epcot to swipe our bands (Need those coasters). We were about to board when the line shut down.

We waited about another half hour to get on a boat and folks were still up in the Skyliner. Not sure if it was related, but an EMT crew with a stretcher we're heading up the ramp a few minutes after everyone cleared out of the queue.

Ojo4

The evacuation SOP for this is actually the most ridiculous part of this whole thing. I don't know how anyone looked at the procedure and said "This would be a good investment". The cabins have on board power and a call box, but for some reason have no onboard emergency lights (unless you can make 2 glowsticks last 3 hours) so you're sitting in complete darkness, now Disney has to call in everyone certified to handle the multiple evacuation methods depending on the location of each cabin. From shutdown to full evacuation takes at least 2 hours and thats on top of the 90 minutes wasted before the order was given. The evacuation methods are the sole reason why this project should have never been approved. If this happened in the middle of the day then there would be serious medical emergencies if they took 3 hours for the last guest to disembark.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The evacuation SOP for this is actually the most ridiculous part of this whole thing. I don't know how anyone looked at the procedure and said "This would be a good investment". The cabins have on board power and a call box, but for some reason have no onboard emergency lights (unless you can make 2 glowsticks last 3 hours) so you're sitting in complete darkness, now Disney has to call in everyone certified to handle the multiple evacuation methods depending on the location of each cabin. From shutdown to full evacuation takes at least 2 hours and thats on top of the 90 minutes wasted before the evacuation order was given. The evacuation methods are the sole reason why this project should have never been approved.

Disney should have never opted for the cheapest approach and built these. They need to build some
Type of peoplemover or airport or big city Tram system mostly at ground level. But that would cost too much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom